Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I worked up to Domi's, and T2 sentries, but a member here showed me a Vexor fit that has turned into my cash cow.  I can burn down a forsaken hub solo in 30-35 min for a nice chunk of isk, and about another 1/3 - 1/2 of that again in salvage.  And it is not high maint to keep it going.

It is holding me happy while I am skilling into a Ishtar, which I am assured "rocks out with it's **** out!!!"  :)

about at 9.5 mil SP right now, and very drone heavy skill wise.  Might head towards a proteus down the road, but getting into the Ishtar, then Drone interfacing, Heavies, and HAC to 5 will probably take 3 months after the 35days I have just to sit in the Ishtar. :O

Onyx
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I worked up to Domi's, and T2 sentries, but a member here showed me a Vexor fit that has turned into my cash cow.  I can burn down a forsaken hub solo in 30-35 min for a nice chunk of isk, and about another 1/3 - 1/2 of that again in salvage.  And it is not high maint to keep it going.

It is holding me happy while I am skilling into a Ishtar, which I am assured "rocks out with it's **** out!!!"  :)

about at 9.5 mil SP right now, and very drone heavy skill wise.  Might head towards a proteus down the road, but getting into the Ishtar, then Drone interfacing, Heavies, and HAC to 5 will probably take 3 months after the 35days I have just to sit in the Ishtar. :O

Onyx
View Quote

Damn man! Get some implants? Or neural remap?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know what's funny, I'm training into (22 23h 40m til I can inject it) an Isk-tar right now, but already have Proteus.

But I dig that living in null has slightly different requirements.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Onyx

That's with +2 implants!  There is nothing fast about getting into and maxing Ishtars, HAC, and Sentries/Heavies. :(

Plus flying around with +4's in Null, while WarDec'ed out the keister in Highsec, doesn't win you the ISK war. :(

Onyx
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#5]
E-UNI fleet roaming Low Sec if anyone wants to come out and play
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
So I did my first couple fleets this past weekend, they were awesome. I think im addicted. First fleet was about 120 ships, second one was around 60. Good times were had by all. I fulfilled a role as a noob tackler, it was great.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I did my first couple fleets this past weekend, they were awesome. I think im addicted. First fleet was about 120 ships, second one was around 60. Good times were had by all. I fulfilled a role as a noob tackler, it was great.
View Quote

Fleet battles really make the game enjoyable.  Even if you can't deploy it, watching the firepower from your team is a nice feeling.  I haven't been playing much because moving my stuff to our new home is a PITA and I have to work around down times.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fleet battles really make the game enjoyable.  Even if you can't deploy it, watching the firepower from your team is a nice feeling.  I haven't been playing much because moving my stuff to our new home is a PITA and I have to work around down times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea what deploying in null is like, but we moved over 60 ships our of 'hole this weekend, one ship every 4 minutes f'n blows.
Orca can't make enough trips, and a freighter doesn't fit at all. One at a time.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Ouch man!  Moving to a better class WH, or leaving W-Space for a while?

Onyx
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 2:36:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ouch man!  Moving to a better class WH, or leaving W-Space for a while?

Onyx
View Quote

Purging.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I haven't played in weeks. I've got drone interfacing to 5 going on one toon, large hybrids on the other two. Got about 9 days left for all of those.

I really need to get back into it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#12]
2 weeks from being able to sit in an Ishtar. :)  Looking forward to it, even though gettign Heavies and HAC to 5 is gonna continue to suck.....

Onyx
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Lots of drone changes announced. Everyone make sure to have Combat Drone Operation trained to V before the summer xpack.

edit: looks like the clarified and you don't need combat drone operation V.

CCP Fozzie:

"Sorry for the delay in answering some of the skill questions guys.

As many of you have suggested, we'll be giving pilots the same level in both Light Drone Operation and Medium Drone Operation as the highest level they have in either Scout Drone Operation or Combat Drone Operation over the patch downtime.

The Light Drone Operation skill will be rank 1, the Medium Drone Operation skill will be rank 2."
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Welp, I'm in the Ishtar.... It rocks!!!!!!!

Not a ton extra DPS over the Vexor Navy issue i was using for heavy drones, but the tank is awesome.  I can sit still where I had to be hauling ass previously. :)

Time for heavy drones to 5 now. ugh.....

What's news with everyone else?  things have got quiet in the chat channel and on here.

Onyx

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#16]
E-Uni just finished a great war with RvB. I got several ships blown up

Ship replacement is great lol
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#17]
So 15 of us went on a Inty run to try and grab a small fleet of tornado's that were coming our way.

Didn't get any tornadoes, but died getting on a 1.3bil Tengu kill. :)  and got SRP for it. :)

Onyx
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Not on much lately.  
Got a couple of RL projects going on.
Once it gets hot (like 100+) I should be on more and ready for shenanigans.
Only have 112m skillpoints though, not sure what I can do...
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not on much lately.  
View Quote

Holy shit! How long have you been playing? And do you do pretty much everything on one toon?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Holy shit! How long have you been playing? And do you do pretty much everything on one toon?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not on much lately.  

Late 09 or so.
The only thing I'm really good at is destroying alliances with small-gang warfare based on careful target reasearch.
It's not fun anymore though.
Mostly I mentor people on how to find, enrage and kill (usually Russian) targets.
Simple small gang lowsec roams are still kind of fun too.

Edit: i am unreasonably opsec conscious too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have a good Dramiel fit, and suggestions on how best to fly them? tactics, etc.

Onyx
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Just got back into Eve.  Reopened my account, logged on jumped in the Hulk to raise a little isk by mining and Boom!!!! Lost my hulk to a ganker!!! This CODE crap  is ticking me off.  Don't tread on me mining dang it!!!!  Looks like I'm going to have to get into a little CODE braking....
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I am hearing a bunch bad things about the newest changes...Thoughts
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just got back into Eve.  Reopened my account, logged on jumped in the Hulk to raise a little isk by mining and Boom!!!! Lost my hulk to a ganker!!! This CODE crap  is ticking me off.  Don't tread on me mining dang it!!!!  Looks like I'm going to have to get into a little CODE braking....
View Quote

How long have you been off? They rebalanced the barges and exhumers. Unless you have Orca/Rorq boosts, you may be better off in something besides the hulk, and if you're having trouble with gankers, Retriever.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How long have you been off? They rebalanced the barges and exhumers. Unless you have Orca/Rorq boosts, you may be better off in something besides the hulk, and if you're having trouble with gankers, Retriever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was about 4 years I guess....I'm exploring my options but I'm leaning toward a Rokh using mining drones instead of mining lasers.  Also looking at some other options for the mining barges and exhumers that players are using now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#26]
The Procurer is far tankier than the retriever, and for T2 go Skiff.  Unless they come in mass, they can't pop you before Concord shows up.  (Bitter Vets, correct me if I am wrong)

Onyx
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Procurer is far tankier than the retriever, and for T2 go Skiff.  Unless they come in mass, they can't pop you before Concord shows up.  (Bitter Vets, correct me if I am wrong)

Onyx
View Quote

I work both sides of this street.
You need to tank your hulk.  That includes t2 rigs.  Don't complain about the price, they're not that bad most of the time.
Your mining barges have dedicated ore holds now.  no cargohold expanders.
EDIT: your lows need to be MLUII modules or a DCII and a MLU

If you are going to gank, best practices is to surreptitiously get fitting scans and go after the untanked hulks.
You need to figure on CONCORD response time, volleys while overheated in that time for which ever ship(s) you employ as well as your profit motive (lulz, loot or fees) before you get going.  
If you're afk mining then guys like me are going to get you no matter what.
If you're just divided attention mining, then just watch who is in the belt w/you and be ready to warp.
Don't bother orbiting rocks or any of that silliness, it only complicates things for the n00bs.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Avoiding people like me, are you? Get catalyst with tech ii neutrons 3 mag field stabs point and two burst aerators. Get +3 implants for small blasters, surgical strike and cpu for the point. Watch shit melt. Make sure your Gunnery skills are at 5. Might want to experiment between 2 burst aerators or 1 aerator and collision accelerator. I've had different results between hulks and mackinaws.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Onyx
View Quote

I miss the ole' Battle Hulks. Used to be a hilarious video of a Hulk ganking attempted gankers. Had neuts, heavy tank, and a batch of Warrior II's or something, just kept mining while he nuked em.

Oh, and you haven't had fun till you've battled a Battle Rorq! It's scarry the things a Rorq can do with capital shield boosters, heavy neuts, and T2 Ogres/Gardes
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#30]
So, Burn Jita 3 is underway.  Heads up, don't undock your purple freighter. :)

Onyx
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So, Burn Jita 3 is underway.  Heads up, don't undock your purple freighter. :)

Onyx
View Quote

Having insta-undock bookmarks helps with that unless they've put a newbie in a condor on each gridsquare straight ahead of the undock.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#32]
How's everyone's game going?  I never had the time to make the move with BNI so I'm still stuck in Barle
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Been running full speed ahead with my Industry alt, making T2 ships from Frigs to mauraders.  Hell if an isk sink, my main can barely keep up ratting to pay for all the isk my alt is spending.

Also decided that my industry alt is finally where he needs to be skillwise and started doing some combat skills and ratting with him.  Holy crap, how do you missile guys do it?  The range blows, the tank on this destroyer (corax) is paper thin, and the cap has all the staying power of an overweight smoker in the Boston Marathon!   Drones seem so much better.  I am hoping this gets better, as I was planning on a HAMgu for this guy.

Onyx
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
how do you missile guys do it?  The range blows
Onyx
View Quote

hahahahahhahahahahahahhaha
They nerfed heavy missiles because everyone was complaining about the range.
Missiles tend to be lower on dps, and damage is delayed, but the tradeoff is that they're capless, they don't care about optimal, falloff or tracking, and they can hit all of the damage types.
Missiles are easy mode.

Are there any destroyers that tank?
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Been running full speed ahead with my Industry alt, making T2 ships from Frigs to mauraders.  Hell if an isk sink, my main can barely keep up ratting to pay for all the isk my alt is spending.

Also decided that my industry alt is finally where he needs to be skillwise and started doing some combat skills and ratting with him.  Holy crap, how do you missile guys do it?  The range blows, the tank on this destroyer (corax) is paper thin, and the cap has all the staying power of an overweight smoker in the Boston Marathon!   Drones seem so much better.  I am hoping this gets better, as I was planning on a HAMgu for this guy.

Onyx
View Quote

I have a Paladin already, but I'm eyeballing a Vargur too. Maybe a Kronos as well to fill the collection in. I don't suppose you'd have an ARF special price on one?

Sooo, in general what have I missed? Any major changes to gameplay mechanics like docking, aggression, etc? Been out 15 months, getting internet tonight and plan to start getting in game here soon. I see hisec suicide ganking is still going on as well, which sucks because I needed to use my Freighter alt to get all of my scattered assets consolidated. After I stopped running with Black Legion, I ended up stopping altogether so I have all these PVP zealots, Muninns, Temptests, etc hanging around losec that I need to collect...
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Vargs are crazy fun.

For real bling status, gank people with a Panther or a Vindicator.

I'd post a killmail but it's been so long that I'm no longer even recognized on it. :(
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have a Paladin already, but I'm eyeballing a Vargur too. Maybe a Kronos as well to fill the collection in. I don't suppose you'd have an ARF special price on one?

Sooo, in general what have I missed? Any major changes to gameplay mechanics like docking, aggression, etc? Been out 15 months, getting internet tonight and plan to start getting in game here soon. I see hisec suicide ganking is still going on as well, which sucks because I needed to use my Freighter alt to get all of my scattered assets consolidated. After I stopped running with Black Legion, I ended up stopping altogether so I have all these PVP zealots, Muninns, Temptests, etc hanging around losec that I need to collect...
View Quote

Getting ready to try making some Kronos in a month or so.  Once I get the numbers figured out I will see if I can do you a deal without losing my ass.  :)

Freighters are getting 3 low slots, so you can add tank or capacity to suit your needs. and they are F'ing people with double jump fuel costs, so lots of tears on the boards over that one.

Onyx
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Getting ready to try making some Kronos in a month or so.  Once I get the numbers figured out I will see if I can do you a deal without losing my ass.  :)

Freighters are getting 3 low slots, so you can add tank or capacity to suit your needs. and they are F'ing people with double jump fuel costs, so lots of tears on the boards over that one.

Onyx
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Onyx

This should make freighter ganking more entertaining and, I hope, boost my freighter manufacturing profits.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Just checked in with some buddies from back in '09 who were out can flipping yesterday.

Anyone jetcanning in this day and age in Eve deseves it.

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#40]
So, actually managed to sneak a bunch of my assets out of low-sec the other day despite gangs and Snigwaffe apparently using that system as a staging area

Now that I sorta have centralized my assets, I'm trying to get Amarr missions going, but I spent too long doing Gallente and now my standings with Amarr Empire are crap. I can, however, do missions with Ammatar and started grinding Lv 2's. Will Ammatar missions get me standing missions that help towards Amarr? I'd figure Ammatar storyline stuff should boost Amarr standings as well, or am I completely off base? If it weren't for Diplomacy 4 (training to 5) I'd be totes screwed, because unadjusted my Amarr standing is like -7.25.

Mainly just looking to get the Paladin based somewhere it's actually effective, kinda sucks doing Gallente missions in one as the EM/Therm doesn't always do so well when I need to primarily do Kin/Therm. I'm not a carebear, just need to build up some steam till we start making some enemies and getting some wars going. Might rejoin Black Legion. again if I can get my pew pew skills back up to snuff.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 5:39:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Do the Sisters of Eve arc to get a boost with Amar. It won't get you back, but it'll help.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Do the Sisters of Eve arc to get a boost with Amar. It won't get you back, but it'll help.
View Quote

I'm not sure it's safe for lance to do the Sisters mission arc right now. That arc sends you into Amarr space and involves doing missions for Amarr agents. Maybe the Amarr agents which are specifically part of the Sisters arc will give him missions with his current standing, but he does run the risk of being attacked on sight by other Amarr NPC's or gate and station guns in Amarr space.

Anmatar are a subgroup of Minmatar who never broke away from the Amarr so doing missions for them will give you some standing with Amarr but it will be slower compared to doing missions for Amarr agents. It's also worth checking to see if there are any Amarr NPC corporation outposts in systems that are not part of Amarr space. All of the NPC empires have some outposts like this. Quite a few of these outposts have mission agents for their corporation which will help build some standing with their parent empire. You'll probably have to do level 1 missions to begin with and may need to do some mission types you don't normally do (eg: mining missions or transport missions) depending on what the corporation agent can offer, but it's another way to pick up missions that can help rebuild your overall standing.

I don't think the agent finder tool in the Eve client is sophsticated enough to be able to find only Amarr agents that are not in Amarr space, but there is an online agent finder you can use outside the game. It's not an official CCP product so I don't know how accurate or up to date it is, but it does look like it's a bit more flexible than the client agent finder.
http://eve-agents.com/

I check the Eve forums semi regularly and often see "The Plan" recommended to players who want to repair bad standings with a particular NPC faction..
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Faction_Standing_Repair_Plan

When your effective standing is above -5, it will be safe to go into Amarr space, but if it's below -5, the lower it is the higher the risk of attack from Amarr NPC's or gate/station guns.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm not sure it's safe for lance to do the Sisters mission arc right now. That arc sends you into Amarr space and involves doing missions for Amarr agents. Maybe the Amarr agents which are specifically part of the Sisters arc will give him missions with his current standing, but he does run the risk of being attacked on sight by other Amarr NPC's or gate and station guns in Amarr space.

Anmatar are a subgroup of Minmatar who never broke away from the Amarr so doing missions for them will give you some standing with Amarr but it will be slower compared to doing missions for Amarr agents. It's also worth checking to see if there are any Amarr NPC corporation outposts in systems that are not part of Amarr space. All of the NPC empires have some outposts like this. Quite a few of these outposts have mission agents for their corporation which will help build some standing with their parent empire. You'll probably have to do level 1 missions to begin with and may need to do some mission types you don't normally do (eg: mining missions or transport missions) depending on what the corporation agent can offer, but it's another way to pick up missions that can help rebuild your overall standing.

I don't think the agent finder tool in the Eve client is sophsticated enough to be able to find only Amarr agents that are not in Amarr space, but there is an online agent finder you can use outside the game. It's not an official CCP product so I don't know how accurate or up to date it is, but it does look like it's a bit more flexible than the client agent finder.

I check the Eve forums semi regularly and often see "The Plan" recommended to players who want to repair bad standings with a particular NPC faction..

When your effective standing is above -5, it will be safe to go into Amarr space, but if it's below -5, the lower it is the higher the risk of attack from Amarr NPC's or gate/station guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While you bring up a good point about Amarr agent standings, I thought I mentioned I have Diplomacy 4 (5 by the end of today) which puts me above the "kill on sight" limit. So instead of -7.12 its like 4 or 3 something. Thankfully Ammatar storyline level 2's do give me Amarr derived standing boosts, so I went from -7.25 to -7.12 or so. Not huge, but if I can at least get to -2 adjusted with Diplomacy, I can get cracking. Another old buddy, who was my first CEO and incidentally in my wedding, can pull Amarr 4's for me so that should help as well. With the Paladin we can blast through stupid fast. I appreciate the reminders and links above.

I'll look at doing the epic arc, never did one before because I was 110% PVP with BL. at the time. Thinking of getting back on with them at some point, random folks on Youtube always bitch about Elo Knight's target calling and auctioneer like repetitiveness, but I'm used to it. It was very rare for us back in the day to get into a fight where we actually came out unhappy with the result or he apologized for getting us face stomped. Even when we lost they were good fights where we punched above weight, which kept me coming back for more. I dunno what's going on with BL and CFC right now so that might make things very, very interesting.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 4:11:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Any wormholers in here?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any wormholers in here?
View Quote

By the grace of Bob go I.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any wormholers in here?

Future Corps / Sleeper Social Club in da hizouse! Represent!

Praise Bob and pass the scorch!
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Grinded to Ammatar Lv4's last night. Should be able to grind my Amarr standings that way, and maybe do the epic arc.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Any wormholers in here?
View Quote

Wormholer?
I don't even know her!
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#49]
So what does everything think of all the changes with the new patch?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So what does everything think of all the changes with the new patch?
View Quote

Still downloading, so {HOLY FUCK WHY IS THERE NO SHRUG EMOTICON}
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top