Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone didn't refuel their POS, and we blowed up a ship maintenance array worth 6.2 billion.  Oops
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Sucked back in...again

Joined a renter corp that lives deep in Branch (0.0) that is a bunch of other old guys who have and understand real life is more important (sometimes) that have no mandatory ops or nothing like that.

last time I played I was in an incursion corp, made gobs of isk but it was a big time commitment, but I am very happy with the changes they've made in regard to the new anomalies, no more asteroid belt hopping looking for lame spawns.  Way more profitable and fun now, already got lucky and had an escalation which dropped a rattlesnake bpc and got a dread gurista spawn last night.  Guys are pretty cool, mostly brits who are pretty fun on teamspeak.

Chea Panasty is my char name
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Eve is one of those games where you have to help yourself.  There is a high learning curve and no one is going to hold your hand.

You should just keep your old account.  It will have some skills trained that you won't have to redo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I tried this back in February but never could get going with it.
Got stuck in the first mining mission since every time I'd go to the designated location, nothing was there. The on-line help people were totally useless. Their advice was that other rookies had already gone there and mined it all, so I had to go find another system that wasn't already mined. OK, where is that? Oh, out there. You have to find it. How? Oh, just start jumping to systems, you'll eventually find it. Go look for an hour and nothing. Next night, same shit. same stupid answer. Next night, same shit. same stupid answer. Next night, same shit. same stupid answer.   Finally said just fuck it.

Is there a way to wipe the account and restart, or would just uninstalling and restarting with a new account be better?

Eve is one of those games where you have to help yourself.  There is a high learning curve and no one is going to hold your hand.

You should just keep your old account.  It will have some skills trained that you won't have to redo.

Yup. Learning curve is nasty. It is not a game for the faint of heart and definitely not one for the simple-minded. I was in the same boat you were til I gave up and went back to WoW for a year and AFK trained. I came back and suddenly in made sense. I now own my own personal nyx that I paid for myself(not corporation or alliance backed). Making money in the game is actually very easy. It just depends on how much work you're willing to put into it. Oh yeah, and, FUCK MINERS! ALL HAIL JAMES315!! Dude, get into exploration.

Here's my youtube chan. I don't have much but there's a bit there on how to run sites and make a fuckton of money: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5W8Py8kzxgjol6icP6evQ

A lot of the money I put into my nyx came from nullsec relic sites. Nully-cloaky T3 is j00 fren. Get archaeology to V. srsly.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I'm doing it wrong but there's not really any money in pirating. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe I'm doing it wrong but there's not really any money in pirating. Any suggestions?
View Quote

Incursion Alt, Null Ratting Alt, Mission Alt. Exploration Alt, FW alt.
Buy a Plex.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Buy a Plex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy a Plex.

Too many ALts for me. I just buy Plex and rat when i need a Sec. bump.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy a Plex.

Oh, I didn't meant to suggest you needed all of them, just one to bring in the ISK.
But yeah, buying a plex is probably better in the long run if you have a real job.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sucked back in...again

Joined a renter corp that lives deep in Branch (0.0) that is a bunch of other old guys who have and understand real life is more important (sometimes) that have no mandatory ops or nothing like that.

last time I played I was in an incursion corp, made gobs of isk but it was a big time commitment, but I am very happy with the changes they've made in regard to the new anomalies, no more asteroid belt hopping looking for lame spawns.  Way more profitable and fun now, already got lucky and had an escalation which dropped a rattlesnake bpc and got a dread gurista spawn last night.  Guys are pretty cool, mostly brits who are pretty fun on teamspeak.

Chea Panasty is my char name
View Quote

If its the corp I'm thinking of I know there are a few ARFCOM guys there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
If anyone is a total noob and wants to get standings to run missions for Minmatar or Gallente, or access to research agents for those factions, just give me a holler.

Won't be the best thing ever but I have my own player corp (for giggles) and plan on taking in new members soon.
Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top