Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 3:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just started a few weeks ago with a few other Arfcomers, we are doing mining and missions to build up our wallets and let our skills develop

We couldn't find a decent corporation to accept noobs so we set up our own corporation to lower the tax rate and give us a place to hang out together till we can either take it to the next level or move on to a bigger corporation.  Send me an IM if your interested in joining us, we have our own Teamspeak server.

To any ARFCOM member playing Eve, I'll second AJ's post.  We have a good casual corp going right now until we're ready for something bigger.
Tag...

Gonna have lots of time over the holidays.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 3:18:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Just started a few weeks ago with a few other Arfcomers, we are doing mining and missions to build up our wallets and let our skills develop

We couldn't find a decent corporation to accept noobs so we set up our own corporation to lower the tax rate and give us a place to hang out together till we can either take it to the next level or move on to a bigger corporation.  Send me an IM if your interested in joining us, we have our own Teamspeak server.

To any ARFCOM member playing Eve, I'll second AJ's post.  We have a good casual corp going right now until we're ready for something bigger.
Tag...

Gonna have lots of time over the holidays.

Awww shit now I'm tempted to start playing again.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 5:14:37 AM EDT
[#3]
try rvb make some isk before you come Im in blue now
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm re-upping.

Pilot's name is bigtym

Please send corp invite.

Is there a vent server?

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Reactivated my account.
pilot: G Hard
could I get the arfcom corp. invite?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#6]
What system you all mine in?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't know where the guys mine, but our HQ is in Korama.  I usually hang out in Funtanainen, or Jita with a few of the members.

Heh our wormhole exit was in Funtanainen the other day. That's funny.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know where the guys mine, but our HQ is in Korama.  I usually hang out in Funtanainen, or Jita with a few of the members.

Heh our wormhole exit was in Funtanainen the other day. That's funny.

What WH corp are you in?

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The arcom corp is getting into manufacturing, if any of the inactive players have any BPO's they would like to get rid of let me know or anything else that could be of interest to us

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I tried to like it. It is just SO boring and just...well....BORING.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I tried to like it. It is just SO boring and just...well....BORING.

But, but its ...........................spreadsheets in space

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 12:38:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm interested AJ is it as addicting as MC?
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm interested AJ is it as addicting as MC?

Probably more

One difference between minecraft and EvE is that there is a monthly subscription fee, but you can earn ingame cash(ISK) to pay that fee

Eve has way more depth and options of what to do,there was a fight last weekend with approximately 2800 people involved

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Im out established in a wormhole now.  Good fun.  Making decent isk and getting into a few fights.  If this game gets old for you try something new.  Im told once you go worm hole you won't want to go back though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd be interested in joining arfcorp. I haven't been in game in a while due to new daddy duty, but if nothing else I could kill some time between feedng and changing by loading corp hangers with ore. I don't have a ton of SP, but have some industry, mining, and ECM skills built up.

edit: PM sent
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#18]
AJ I tried to get on but my comp is to shitty to play :(, maybe I can get on sometime when i upgrade.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:51:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I used to play hardcore, two characters, one a carrier, the other deeply skilled in battleships.

Fucking HARD to enjoy yourself in the game when you realize how much time and money everything costs. FWIW my corp folded, was part of Wildly Innapropriate a few years ago in the NC. I just don't have the time to play like I used to considering I'm employed now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm so tempted to come back, but then I remember the time sink and just running around and right clicking on shit to attack it.  Even so, I'm still tempted.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm so tempted to come back, but then I remember the time sink and just running around and right clicking on shit to attack it.  Even so, I'm still tempted.

Play tanks on one monitor and eve on the other
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Play tanks on one monitor and eve on the other

Mind blown

But I really enjoy tanks on three monitors, playing tanks on only 2 would be awkward.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#23]
So it looks like I really don't want to pass my classes for my last semester.  I'm downloading the client now....  I doubt I will be of any use for a while, I don't remember how high I was/what I have going for me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So it looks like I really don't want to pass my classes for my last semester.  I'm downloading the client now....  I doubt I will be of any use for a while, I don't remember how high I was/what I have going for me.

It'll come back. The first two days I spent going "........now how the hell did I used to", but now I'm back up to "......Oh, why the hell did I just....?!?!?!..."
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I thought that I should check in, since I haven't posted since I started the thread.

I deleted the game.  I just decided that this wasn't really the type of game that appeals to me; I'm more of an "instant gratification" kind of guy.

However, I'm very pleased that the thread has served as a vehicle for the EVE fans here to communicate.  

Maybe I'll come back to the game someday... in the meantime, I wish all of you the best of luck in-game.

Link Posted: 2/9/2013 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I thought that I should check in, since I haven't posted since I started the thread.

I deleted the game.  I just decided that this wasn't really the type of game that appeals to me; I'm more of an "instant gratification" kind of guy.

However, I'm very pleased that the thread has served as a vehicle for the EVE fans here to communicate.  

Maybe I'll come back to the game someday... in the meantime, I wish all of you the best of luck in-game.

If you have a PS3 you might look at Dust 514, it is the new FPS game that is integrating into the EvE universe.  Lots of possibilities with the combination of the two games
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 4:29:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Sold one of my accounts long ago, still have one on some forgotten email account. It'll eat all your time, especially if you join the ranks of a waring alliance. Saw a PS3 at the store with Dust on it, was suprised it was finally released, I'm sure rail guns still suck though
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have a PS3 you might look at Dust 514, it is the new FPS game that is integrating into the EvE universe.  Lots of possibilities with the combination of the two games

I wish it were on PC.  I have a PS3 sitting in a closet somewhere, but I hate the controller.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sold one of my accounts long ago, still have one on some forgotten email account. It'll eat all your time, especially if you join the ranks of a waring alliance. Saw a PS3 at the store with Dust on it, was suprised it was finally released, I'm sure rail guns still suck though

Actually, they massively buffed hybrids and rebalanced all tech 2 ammo.  So rails and blasters are pretty alright now.  Artillery and some artillery ships have taken nerfs (they took massive chunks of PG off the Hurricane, for instance).  Gallente ships are still kind of sub-par (armor buffer, speed, and short range DPS: pick two), but there are some Gallente ships that are really mean bastards in PVP when shield tanked (see: Talos).  Missiles (my personal favorite, sigh) have also been taking some severe nerfs, I think Heavy Missiles lost like 20% of their DPS.  Makes rails look a lot better in comparison.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#30]
edit: nvm
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Best way to play Eve is not to play.

/bitter vet
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#32]
If anyone has a spare industrial character or anyone isn't playing theirs, we could have use of it in our corp...

Let me know.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Getting back into Eve. I know...but I have alot of free time as a flight instructor. Basically I have two accounts. Both mainly industrial. My main can pilot battleships, and if I recall I was close to tech 2 guns on here. Looking for a friendly group of guys and gals to waste my day away. Send me a PM. Downloading now. I think im in 0.0, ugh.

CJ
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Umokka was getting mined out too quick/I had a near death encounter with the corp we were at war with, so I evacced to Amarr space to mine.  Here is the dealio, I have around 120+mil worth of ore in the station I'm running out of.  Is there any way I can set up a contract for one of the corp officers to come get it once I get enough to make it worth the corp's while for the ore buy back program?  I would process it and transport it myself, but there would be a large amount of waste due to a lack of processing skills.  Most of it is pyro, and I'll have quite a bit more once I get my T2 strip miners.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Umokka was getting mined out too quick/I had a near death encounter with the corp we were at war with, so I evacced to Amarr space to mine.  Here is the dealio, I have around 120+mil worth of ore in the station I'm running out of.  Is there any way I can set up a contract for one of the corp officers to come get it once I get enough to make it worth the corp's while for the ore buy back program?  I would process it and transport it myself, but there would be a large amount of waste due to a lack of processing skills.  Most of it is pyro, and I'll have quite a bit more once I get my T2 strip miners.

I've moved out to Amarr as well. I can do it on Ettan Carlisle for you, he as perfect refine now. Gosalev (sp?) is pretty nice so far. Usually 3 fat belts and one ice field.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I can transport it for you on my alt,  My freighter can hold ~900k m3 so that would be ideal to move at a time.  How many jumps are you away?
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've moved out to Amarr as well. I can do it on Ettan Carlisle for you, he as perfect refine now. Gosalev (sp?) is pretty nice so far. Usually 3 fat belts and one ice field.

I'll have to look at where I am, but there is rarely ever anyone in the system and there is still pyro to mine at night.  One jump away with that there is an even less populated system with something like 15 belts, and another jump away from that there is one with 20 belts (but neither of these two have stations so we would have to corp mining ops these with an orca or some such)

edit: I'm in Tidacha
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to look at where I am, but there is rarely ever anyone in the system and there is still pyro to mine at night.  One jump away with that there is an even less populated system with something like 15 belts, and another jump away from that there is one with 20 belts (but neither of these two have stations so we would have to corp mining ops these with an orca or some such)

looks like its 30 jumps, not sure if that is worth it
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough, would a certain amount be worth it or should I just sell the ore?
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough, would a certain amount be worth it or should I just sell the ore?

a freighter full of pyro is worth ~160mil, let me talk to Slavac and see if we can come up with something
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Any one feel like living in a worm hole?  We get some of the juiciest grab sites with great amounts of all high end ores we aren't able to mine it all there is just too much.  We also have plenty of combat sites to get great sleeper salvage and produce t3 ships and components.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Going to need details on this.

I've yet to see them actually leave Jita.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You might consider using Red Frog Freight to move it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 2:27:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I just don't have the time for it.  It is as others have said, extremely consuming.  I play Star Trek online for quick easy missions and ship to ship fighting fun.

I switched from EVE to STO for this exact reason.

Link Posted: 3/2/2013 4:13:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Any one feel like living in a worm hole?  We get some of the juiciest grab sites with great amounts of all high end ores we aren't able to mine it all there is just too much.  We also have plenty of combat sites to get great sleeper salvage and produce t3 ships and components.

Whats your J-Sig?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
i played it hardcore for 3 years, get out while you can. selling my accounts netted me over 5000 in real USD.

You need to message me, I'm looking at getting out and could use the cash.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just don't have the time for it.  It is as others have said, extremely consuming.  I play Star Trek online for quick easy missions and ship to ship fighting fun.

I switched from EVE to STO for this exact reason.

What other game are you ever going to see this in?

http://themittani.com/news/alod-power-insanity

Oh EvE is a fun game, but it's also like a second job.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats your J-Sig?

It starts.....with a 1
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats your J-Sig?

It starts.....with a 1
Make sure to say hello when you get steamrolled by Future Corps!

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top