Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 32 of 32)
Page / 32
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Demordrah:

You definitely want to do this.  You get +5 stat per level of legendary gem.  Augment a full set and your primary stat goes up by the thousands, which is quite a significant dmg increase.  It'll allow you to push higher into the GR tiers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sd_norske:
Does anybody use Caldesann's Despair in Kanai's Cube?  I've got nearly a full set of Ancient gear for my Monk and augmenting it with legendary gems appears to be the next step.

You definitely want to do this.  You get +5 stat per level of legendary gem.  Augment a full set and your primary stat goes up by the thousands, which is quite a significant dmg increase.  It'll allow you to push higher into the GR tiers.

Got the belt that I needed last night.  Time to start leveling up gems I guess.

How many items do you add primary stat to vs vitality?  Once I augment enough items, does it make sense to replace the gems in my armor with diamonds to improve resistance?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]

How many items do you add primary stat to vs vitality?  Once I augment enough items, does it make sense to replace the gems in my armor with diamonds to improve resistance?
View All Quotes
Does anybody use Caldesann's Despair in Kanai's Cube?  I've got nearly a full set of Ancient gear for my Monk and augmenting it with legendary gems appears to be the next step.

Always augment with primary stat.  You can use the cube to transmute other gems into emeralds if you're short on being able to craft flawless royals.

Diamonds in your gear if you're short on resists, otherwise keep the other gems (although you may want to keep a flawless royal diamond in your helm for the cooldown reduction).
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Always augment with primary stat.  You can use the cube to transmute other gems into emeralds if you're short on being able to craft flawless royals.

Diamonds in your gear if you're short on resists, otherwise keep the other gems (although you may want to keep a flawless royal diamond in your helm for the cooldown reduction).
View All Quotes

So, add Dex to everything?  I was thinking vitality would give my Near Death Experience passive some downtime.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:46:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakezor] [#4]

So, add Dex to everything?  I was thinking vitality would give my Near Death Experience passive some downtime.
View All Quotes

Dex is armor for Monks and DH too,  so some toughness.

I haven't really done this much because I don't have any high level legendary gems that I want to sacrifice.  Most of my gear isn't crazy good either.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a shame they can't figure out how to make gems not be boring.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Credge:
View Quote

Flat stat bonuses are always boring, no way around that.

It would be nice if legendary gems were across characters on the account like the cube effects are, but that wouldn't jive with their other idea that they are a consumable crafting material for end game stat buffs.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Jakezor:

It would be nice if legendary gems were across characters on the account like the cube effects are, but that wouldn't jive with their other idea that they are a consumable crafting material for end game stat buffs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jakezor:

Originally Posted By Credge:

Diablo 3 doesn't need 3 primary stat gems. There is no reason to put any stats in to anything other than your primary stat in that game. One of the gems should give the class that you are on whatever primary stat your class uses.

In fact, there's no reason to have all of the stats on all of the characters in d3.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:06:48 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

I've augmented 10/13 of my gear slots with Rank 60 legendary gems, Dex on everything.  The last three pieces are junk so I'm going to reforge before I augment them.  All of a sudden I'm only a couple GR tiers away from the bottom of the leader board.  Thanks for the guidance.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Necroposting to share the D3 Necromancer video.  

Sounds like it will be an expansion pack for sale next year.  Hopefully there's more content than just the new character class.

Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Necroing this thread for the release of the Necromancer pack!
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the clan still active? I just started playing again after a long time away.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Fallen003 on xbox but have been playing the hell out of D3 since the Necromancer drop. 
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#13]
anyone have this on ps4? just started playing on ps4 again with necro. made 70 last night.i like pc version but my hands hurt after playing for a short time. controller on ps4 feels much better.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Heads up, it's supposedly all month but the last week of march for sure (Blizzard is waiting on a patch to drop for consoles) there is a SCII battlecruiser pet being given to everyone that plays.  It's the 20th anniversary of Starcraft, so Blizzard is doing stuff in all of their games.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:52:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
Heads up, it's supposedly all month but the last week of march for sure (Blizzard is waiting on a patch to drop for consoles) there is a SCII battlecruiser pet being given to everyone that plays.  It's the 20th anniversary of Starcraft, so Blizzard is doing stuff in all of their games.
View Quote
I got the little guy. Its cool. Playing a necro, and am ravaging everything up to T6. 7 is doable and 8 is where I start running into issues. I need to hit T10 to get the champion seasonal frame, but people aren't really helping.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 1:30:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m waiting for the console patch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#17]
thanks
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#18]
my necro on ps4 already on t10. monk on t4.
cant play keyboard so ps4 only way to play.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I have been unable to play for two weeks. Serious lag, and getting booted from the server every time I play. Blizzard is not addressing this problem instead blaming the users connection/PC. I really like playing but if it means fighting to stay in the game, I'll try and find another that is more stable.

AB
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By xviperx420:

I got the little guy. Its cool. Playing a necro, and am ravaging everything up to T6. 7 is doable and 8 is where I start running into issues. I need to hit T10 to get the champion seasonal frame, but people aren't really helping.
View Quote
@xviperx420 I didn't look back to check but if you're on PC friend me and I'll help out.  I finished the journey and stopped but I'm usually on about 9:30 CDT.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Thieded:
@xviperx420 I didn't look back to check but if you're on PC friend me and I'll help out.  I finished the journey and stopped but I'm usually on about 9:30 CDT.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Thieded:
Originally Posted By xviperx420:

Same, I'd be able to help on PC too, message me here for bnet.  I've got a monk and barb that have most everything if you're looking for a boost or push over some hump.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#22]
What's yalls tags?
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Elpenor#1865
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 4:00:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TurtlesAlltheWayDown] [#24]
Bought Diablo 3 recently.  I dont videogame much anymore but had a down weekend coming up.  I grew up playing D1, D2, and StarCraft.

I play Diablo for the lore.  Crusader fighting demons calling in Angels for close air support.  Purging evil torture chambers and whatnot.  Diablo, to me, is premised on a dark, scary story line- you're fighting evil after all.

Diablo 3 is made for kids.  The characters are World of Warcraft characters, the story line is demonstrated through laughably bad graphic interactions between your in-game character and pixelated enemies.  The game is the same, four near identical acts.  Same characters to play with different names.

At no point did I feel in the "angels vs demons" battle; rather, some half-assed failed abortion resulting from WoW designers rape of Diablo 1.  Its such an easy story line to adapt off of.  Have some demons resurge, plant some character betrayals, some "oh shit" moments but in the end you square away the bad guy and leave a small crack for D4 to work into.  Maybe offer an option to play as a demon fighting against the necromancer city (whereever that is).  Or have the game based out of the Barbarian icey homeland whereever that is.  But no.  Blizzard would rather copy/paste D2 over a WoW graphics generator.

Diablo 3 is a pile of fucking shit.  I feel I can't be alone here.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Update:

I moved and now have a new gaming PC and a much better connection. Now maybe I can play with some of you regulars.

AB
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#26]
The Season of Greed is upon us.  Double goblin spawn rate, plus shrines that spawn goblin hordes.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 5:04:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#28]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#29]
started playing again yesterday on the new season. level 68 now and just found out they changed the journey rewards from sunwuko to some other shit. 2 days wasted.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh hell, if you want gear you just need to ask - I ran 3 separate classes to 70 and mastered 8 set dungeons for the season journey.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#31]
New season starts Friday with some class set buffs.

See you regulars Friday night.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Just saw today that DiabloFans site is being taken down on March 21, 2019.  Looks like D3 is officially on terminal life support with no successor waiting in the wings.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#34]
For some reason I started playing the new season again...TheGingerMan#1915
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Bushman_269:
Just saw today that DiabloFans site is being taken down on March 21, 2019.  Looks like D3 is officially on terminal life support with no successor waiting in the wings.
View Quote
The game died a long time ago. Blizzard didn't really do much to keep it interesting, even with the necromancer. If they patch it to allow off line play, and open it up to modders, then it may live like D2 still does.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Just came back at start of season 17, doing season 18 as well.   Few of you guys I've played with and helped in the past day or 2.  spyk3#1585 is my battle tag.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I just picked this back up.  Is anyone still playing this or am I really that bored with the games out there currently.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#38]
With the new solo self found mode in D3, I think I'm doing pretty well. 666 is the perfect number for a DH.

Page / 32
Next Page Arrow Left
Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 32 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top