BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By metalsaber:

its pretty busy on my server and the guild im in.  Still enjoying it

I want to get back into playing, but not sure if any of my friends/guild are still around. Especially now after they merged servers two or three times.

Link Posted: 4/27/2013 3:09:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rykn0w] [#2]
me and a handful of other arfcommers in our gaming clan (2A) started playing this back in january when it went free 2 play

we all loved it and ended up subscribing within days of playing it.

all of us are still playing it.(altho i just recently took a 2 week break when the expansion dropped)

recently with the expansion and level cap increase to 55 the servers during peak ( primetime US/eastcoast/central times) are almost always very heavy to full with some wait time.

they weren't like that when we started in jan 2013.
got a lvl50 sith assassin, and a lvl50 gunslinger on Prophecy of the Five(pvp), 50 powertech on Jedi Covenant(PVE)

couple of us do end game dailies and raids/pvp (dont have enough for organized groups tho and have to use group finder)

some havent come around to endgame content and prefer ganking lowbies on pvp server

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Is anyone still playing SWTOR? I recently hit 55. My guild seems to be shrinking daily.
Never see many people  anywhere except at the fleet (Empire side). I'm enjoying the quest lines.
I haven't done any raids or anything yet, when I was leveling up I just stuck to questing.
Figured I'd experience them when I hit max level. Now it seems to be just a handful on at any time in my guild.
I'm playing a bounty hunter on Jedi Covenant.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Schlange:

Is anyone still playing SWTOR? I recently hit 55. My guild seems to be shrinking daily.

Never see many people  anywhere except at the fleet (Empire side). I'm enjoying the quest lines.

I haven't done any raids or anything yet, when I was leveling up I just stuck to questing.

Figured I'd experience them when I hit max level. Now it seems to be just a handful on at any time in my guild.

View Quote

I couldn't tell you the last time I played.

Link Posted: 6/29/2014 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I just started a Sith Sorcerer on Jedi Covenant.  I actually rolled him a couple of years ago but my old computer couldn't handle it for some reason.  Any tips for a newb?  I just hit 15 and am about to get my ship.

Also, they have a summer sale.  120 days for 40 bucks if you don't have a subscription active.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:31:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Seiran:

Also, they have a summer sale.  120 days for 40 bucks if you don't have a subscription active.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seiran:

Originally Posted By happycynic:

I just started a Sith Sorcerer on Jedi Covenant.  I actually rolled him a couple of years ago but my old computer couldn't handle it for some reason.  Any tips for a newb?  I just hit 15 and am about to get my ship.

What sort of tips are you looking for?

I guess the main question I have is how to make decent credits.  Something fun too, no market watching.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:03:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckeye67] [#8]
I still play off and on.  I've kept an active subscription since launch (even during periods where I wasn't playing actively).  When I get home and can check, I'll add my character names/levels.
Looking forward to the strongholds patch.

ETA:

On Jedi Covenant:

51 Arsenal Merc - Syrisa

28 Sith Assassin - Neyla

19 Jedi Guardian - Iskanis

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:47:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: godzillamax] [#10]
View Quote

I played the game in beta, then at launch. About a year after launch most my guild (and real life pals) quit playing due to lack of content (done everything, all the end-game content, multiple alts, etc.). I followed suite not long after. After a long hiatus I gave the game a try again (they had upped the character level to 55, added new content, etc.). I joined a random guild and had fun, but that lasted maybe four to five months and I just un-subbed (again) about two months ago. There simply isn't sufficient end-game content, nor are they adding new end-game content fast enough IMO, to keep enough numbers of people interested to deliver that "massively multiplayer" experience.

Something I find interesting is that WoW 40-man raiding (back in the original game) was like a second job that turned a lot of people away (or simply made end-game content unavailable to the casual players). Yet at that same time that level of difficulty (in both the complexity of the raid fights and just trying to get 40 people in sync to do it) is what gave players end-game content to keep them coming back for more. Conversely the MMO genre shift to smaller, less complex, raids has made MMOs more accessible to more people yet at the same time causes people to conquer the game faster and stop playing sooner.

Games that were traditionally hard(er) and took more of a commitment from the players like WoW or EVE Online are still going strong while, dozens and dozens of other MMO titles (SWTOR, Rift, etc.) do well for a year or two then fizzle out. I think the solution developers need to focus on for future MMOs is more end-game content (at launch) and adding end-game updates at a faster pace.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By godzillamax:

Games that were traditionally hard(er) and took more of a commitment from the players like WoW or EVE Online are still going strong while, dozens and dozens of other MMO titles (SWTOR, Rift, etc.) do well for a year or two then fizzle out. I think the solution developers need to focus on for future MMOs is more end-game content (at launch) and adding end-game updates at a faster pace.
View Quote
I always thought the solution was PVP.  Players develop their own new strategies to keep things fresh.  All you need to do as a dev. is add more maps and play around with the nerf/buff cycle.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I always thought the solution was PVP.  Players develop their own new strategies to keep things fresh.  All you need to do as a dev. is add more maps and play around with the nerf/buff cycle.  

View All Quotes

IMO when PvP is imbedded into a MMORPG it is nothing more than a mini-game, a minor distraction to keep people playing until the Devs add more PvE content. When you incorporate PvP into a MMORP game you get a small portion of the player-base (PvP'ers) becoming a very vocal element griping that that player class A is more powerful/dominant than player class B in the PvP arena. That eventually leads to dilution of the PvE content by never ending "tweaks" to the game and characters. Also, developer time/money spent developing/tweaking PvP content takes away from development of the PvE environment/content. If I want to PvP against real people, I fire up Battlefield. When I play a MMORPG I want a Baldur's Gate experience, just with my friends or thousands of other players. Either a game needs to be built ground-up with PvP as a core element (like DAoC, EVE, Battlefield series, etc.), or it needs to be a left out entirely. The problem with this of course is that PvP'ers are a fraction of the customer-base, so MMORPG game developers know their game needs to be designed around and appeal to the PvE'ers but at the same time they don't want to leave out PvP elements because for some reason a MMORPG shipping without a PvP component would be blasted as incomplete or a failure by that small but highly vocal gamer-base.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#13]

IMO when PvP is imbedded into a MMORPG it is nothing more than a mini-game, a minor distraction to keep people playing until the Devs add more PvE content. When you incorporate PvP into a MMORP game you get a small portion of the player-base (PvP'ers) becoming a very vocal element griping that that player class A is more powerful/dominant than player class B in the PvP arena. That eventually leads to dilution of the PvE content by never ending "tweaks" to the game and characters. Also, developer time/money spent developing/tweaking PvP content takes away from development of the PvE environment/content. If I want to PvP against real people, I fire up Battlefield. When I play a MMORPG I want a Baldur's Gate experience, just with my friends or thousands of other players. Either a game needs to be built ground-up with PvP as a core element (like DAoC, EVE, Battlefield series, etc.), or it needs to be a left out entirely. The problem with this of course is that PvP'ers are a fraction of the customer-base, so MMORPG game developers know their game needs to be designed around and appeal to the PvE'ers but at the same time they don't want to leave out PvP elements because for some reason a MMORPG shipping without a PvP component would be blasted as incomplete or a failure by that small but highly vocal gamer-base.
View Quote

I like PVE as well, but there just isn't enough content to keep people playing PVE, especially in a F2P environment like we have now.  WOW might be the only exception to that.  But with a game like EvE, the devs can add a couple of more ships and keep the PVPers buzzing for months.  That's why I think PVP needs to stop being a minigame and needs to take a more prominent role.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:59:05 AM EDT
[#14]
So far, Nar Shadaa stronghold > Coruscant stronghold
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Buckeye67:
View Quote

I have a Nar Shadaa stronghold. Nothing in it yet, but I have it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:20:17 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Buckeye67:

Same here.  The interior of the Nar Shadaa house is just a lot nicer looking.  The Coruscant one looks a little too industrial for me.

Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top