Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 50
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Some details on the Aftermath DLC were released today. It will be four maps in a post-earthquake Tehran.

I'm still wondering if we'll ever see a New York map. A story from before the release mentioned New York, but it hasn't happened outside single player.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FTAggie:
Some details on the Aftermath DLC were released today. It will be four maps in a post-earthquake Tehran.

I'm still wondering if we'll ever see a New York map. A story from before the release mentioned New York, but it hasn't happened outside single player.

Vehicles or like CQ?
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
What I read said there'd be APCs and civilian vehicles... not sure what those will be. It also said it would have both horizontal and vertical elements, so it will probably be like Tehran Highway.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
What I read said there'd be APCs and civilian vehicles... not sure what those will be. It also said it would have both horizontal and vertical elements, so it will probably be like Tehran Highway.

Linky?
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
anybody wanna roll some tanks tomorrow?
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 1:09:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By staringback05:

anybody wanna roll some tanks tomorrow?

HC/CQ?

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
raining, hot, and im off work....waiting on yall
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By HawkeyeNFO:

Hmm, this new addon isn't helping increase my interest in the game.  I prefer to use tanks at more realistic ranges (like 1000+ meters), you probably won't see the AWT guys flying the helicopters that close to a shootout, the minimum range of a HIMARS is... you get the point.

Yeah, if you want realism, the Arma series will probably be more to your liking.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By kill-9:

Hmm, this new addon isn't helping increase my interest in the game.  I prefer to use tanks at more realistic ranges (like 1000+ meters), you probably won't see the AWT guys flying the helicopters that close to a shootout, the minimum range of a HIMARS is... you get the point.

Yeah, if you want realism, the Arma series will probably be more to your liking.  

BF... Realism... Lololololol

Modern jet fighters fly mach 2+ and are designed to engage far beyond visual range. In BF3 they float well below stall speed and engage each other at less than 100 meters.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Theres a game that when you die in the game,  you die in real life.  Hows that for realistic?

Of all the things that are unrealistic about BF3, its kinda funny that the range in which tanks are used is what bothers you.  Nothing about being defibbed back to life after taking a full mag to the face?  Nothing about using a small blow torch being able to repair burning vehicles?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Theres a game that when you die in the game,  you die in real life.  Hows that for realistic?

Of all the things that are unrealistic about BF3, its kinda funny that the range in which tanks are used is what bothers you.  Nothing about being defibbed back to life after taking a full mag to the face?  Nothing about using a small blow torch being able to repair burning vehicles?

Not to mention ejecting from a jet, sniping pilot in the incoming enemy jet and hijacking his jet.

Still, my fav game due to the random shit that goes on. For instance, on Wake Island Sat night. An F-35 hover landed in front of me at the beach spawn and I killed him with an RPG.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 1:54:13 AM EDT
[#13]
*that feeling when you need L96 headshots for location scout and you ventilate the enemy's brain carrier group and you dont get awarded with a headshot....repeatedly*
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

When I used to play BF2, if I could get the M1 Abrams I would usually find a good hull-down position and engage enemy armor from as far out as I possibly could.  Then I would shift position after every few shots.  I would sometimes last an entire round with the same vehicle.  Pretty much everyone else I encountered who used the armor would close to within 50 meters of each other and blast away at point blank until one or both of them died.  When I kept killing them, they would sometimes think that I was cheating, when I was just using real life tactics.

When they started showing the BF3 pre-release screenshots with the M1A2s driving on a huge expanse of desert, I was hoping that BF3 would do armored combat some justice.  Then when I tried playing the beta for BF3, it was really annoying.  The reticle on the Abrams gunner sight is for a fire control system that does automatic super-elevation of the barrel (i.e. the center of the reticle is where the round will hit), so it is not very useful in the game where you have to just aim way above the target and estimate the hold over.  On the real tank, when you swtich to the backup sights, that reticle has ballistic drop markings.  The Russian tanks have the ballistic drop reticle as their default reticle, so at least you have some reference marks to aim with at longer distances.

As far as the medic thing, in most of the servers I was on, if you got wounded no one helped you and you just died, so it wasn't really been a significant factor.  Fixing vehicles wasn't much of a factor either because some snipers sitting on towers would just nail you if you tried to fix a vehicle.  With all the annoying stuff in the beta, as mentioned above and other things that were just weird (like people spawn camping and killing everybody at the spawn point with single headshots at 100 meters with 9mm pistols), I just did not feel much motivation to spend the money to get the game when it came out.  When I heard about this addon I was hoping it might make it more worthwhile to me, but the available information indicates it falls short.

I'm currently in Afghanistan, so I have enough of the dying in real life happening around.  I had to help send up some people's SGLI information just this week, in fact.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 1:51:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M82Assault] [#15]

BF... Realism... Lololololol

Modern jet fighters fly mach 2+ and are designed to engage far beyond visual range. In BF3 they float well below stall speed and engage each other at less than 100 meters.

I like how the top speed of an F/A18 in full afterburner is about Mach .4 in BF3...

Oh, and the fact that they can take off and land with 100ft of runway. Or take off in about 10ft if you have a small hill in front of you.

Oh joy, another Call of Battlefield: Modern Warfare 3 expansion pack. I though BF's claim to fame was vehicular combat?
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 2:52:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Her name.......is Annabelle....
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Well fuck.......

Link Posted: 9/7/2012 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Haha awesome!  Is that a photoshop job or a mod?
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I like a good mix of Infantry and Vehicle combat, and I think BF3 strikes a good balance between the two.

Everybody always says, "I thought vehicles were what made BF3 different!"

Well.....don't they? If you want a realistic flight/tank/infantry/LA sim, go find that. BF3 tries to combine them all, and does a passable job.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:39:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ciraxis] [#20]

I would cover him in c4
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#21]
So are the maps out yet?

How are they?

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:
So are the maps out yet?

How are they?

Awesome, although a little big for 24 players.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Call of Duty: World at War had tanks.  They were pretty horribly implemented.  It was like an object lesson in how BF is superior to COD.

Armored Kill download nearly complete, and all work and chores are done for the day.  I'm going in!  If I'm not back in twelve hours, send supper.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By ShaneA319:

So are the maps out yet?

How are they?

Alborz Mountains is tolerable with 24 players. It's definitely my favorite of the bunch. It funnels the action to Charlie but can really open up considering you can climb pretty much the entire mountain range.

I think the other three are bigger, but they're much flatter. Since I wasn't playing with a squad this morning, I was trolling mines and C4 while trying to hold down whatever flag station had the AC-130. Moving from that flag was an exercise in futility because it'd take a minute or more to get somewhere on foot only to get shot in the back by an idiot using a G18.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#25]
A lot of fun so far.  I'm playing on small servers and working attack heli and on foot.

Is it just me, or do the tank destroyers share the mobile AA's attribute of not having any weaker zones to attack?  I hit them in the back and it seems to do no more damage than frontal hits.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 2:53:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JBlitzen:
A lot of fun so far.  I'm playing on small servers and working attack heli and on foot.

Is it just me, or do the tank destroyers share the mobile AA's attribute of not having any weaker zones to attack?  I hit them in the back and it seems to do no more damage than frontal hits.

I'll need to test further, but I ***THINK*** the front quarter is a higher damage area
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 2:59:55 AM EDT
[#27]
You might be right.  I'll try it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#28]

So are the maps out yet?

How are they?

I play some SQDM last night for a bit. Those maps seem to be nicely sized for 4 squads of 4.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#29]

So are the maps out yet?

How are they?

Alborz Mountains is tolerable with 24 players.

I've only played for a couple of hours but that's what I've found, too. That was the only map where I consistently encountered groups of enemies. The other maps were one enemy at a time in armor or an ATV. I'm not disappointed in the content, just wish they would have upped the player limit.

Also, I wish they'd stop changing weapon characteristics every patch. My go-to gun has been the M4A1. It was awesome at release, got nerfed damage-wise with the first patch, was awesome again with the second patch, now with this patch it has horrendous muzzle climb.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Clockwork138:

Also, I wish they'd stop changing weapon characteristics every patch. My go-to gun has been the M4A1. It was awesome at release, got nerfed damage-wise with the first patch, was awesome again with the second patch, now with this patch it has horrendous muzzle climb.  

Try out the ACR, the only thing that kept me away from it before this patch was the lack of controller vibration, now that it's fixed I can use it easily anywhere with an EOtech.
Link Posted: 9/13/2012 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone else noticed that since the expansion you can kill people in vehicles without destroying the vehicle. I've done this twice and both times i was in the US tank destroyer. I did it once on a mobile artillary and then another round on SPURD or what ever that damn thing is called
Link Posted: 9/13/2012 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#32]
The mobile artillery vehicles have windows, so that makes sense.  Dunno about the tank destroyers.

I know I've seen the AC-130 outlive some crewmembers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 6:24:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By marmelstien:
Has anyone else noticed that since the expansion you can kill people in vehicles without destroying the vehicle. I've done this twice and both times i was in the US tank destroyer. I did it once on a mobile artillary and then another round on SPURD or what ever that damn thing is called

You've always been able to throw a 'nade under a Humvee and that van thingamajig, and kill someone inside.

Link Posted: 9/14/2012 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JBlitzen:
The mobile artillery vehicles have windows, so that makes sense.  Dunno about the tank destroyers.

I know I've seen the AC-130 outlive some crewmembers.

Server patch R30 came out yesterday to "fix" that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I just bought the game and it is doing the multiplayer update 4 and premium edition downloads for a hour. I will be on tonight. I hope I have a xbox and I will post my name.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I dont play games online but my xbox name is Downwardsole, I have no clue how to find people.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I rented a server last night... had a good time with my buddies.  If you're on the west coast look up Alaska Combat Rescue, we'll be in there most nights.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By doorgunner84:
I rented a server last night... had a good time with my buddies.  If you're on the west coast look up Alaska Combat Rescue, we'll be in there most nights.

If you get bored with that, try "The NightCrew" server. That's me and my friends. Some Arf, some not. Anyone is welcome.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I applied to the PC Platoon. (or what I think is the PC platoon) Would someone mind letting me in?
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By evilbaxter101:

I applied to the PC Platoon. (or what I think is the PC platoon) Would someone mind letting me in?

Done.  

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#41]
In the process of re-downloading.

Everytime i try to join a server i get an error message from origin "game data corrupted" and some other text.

anybody else had this issue?

tried searching google, none of the fixes seemed to work.

seems like whenever they put out a new update/expansion it's riddled with bugs.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 1:12:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I sometimes get that error as well, I usually have to close down origin/bf3/browser, clear browser cache, and restart everything to get it sorted.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 3:36:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Just applied to the pc platoon name is cafnated. Can anyone recommend some good core east coast servers?
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:32:29 AM EDT
[#44]
This game ruined shooters for me. I've been playing Warfighter and it sucks balls. The AR guns kick like a Saiga 12 and have about the same accuracy. I know they were trying to go all out real, but the guns suck. Add to it there's no bullet drop.

Then you have COD which the guns are like lasers and the kill streaks are completely stupid.

When does BF4 come out because I'm not bothering with the shitty mechanics of the other big games anymore.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:

When does BF4 come out

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#46]

When does BF4 come out

Dice is Waiting on Sony to Decide about PS4 first.

no point making another Battlefield for ps3.

So dice can sit or their fat cash strapped asses till the 20th like the rest of us and wait for the big news from sony.

and since we know sony hates us so much do not expect to be able to play PS3 games on PS4 system.

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 11:04:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Martyr_Machine] [#47]
This game ruined shooters for me. I've been playing Warfighter and it sucks balls. The AR guns kick like a Saiga 12 and have about the same accuracy. I know they were trying to go all out real, but the guns suck. Add to it there's no bullet drop.

Then you have COD which the guns are like lasers and the kill streaks are completely stupid.

When does BF4 come out because I'm not bothering with the shitty mechanics of the other big games anymore.

I don't find any of that to be true. I am a surgeon with any of the ARs. I use the M16 (ACOG, foregrip, heavy barrel) by choice when I am the medic and I have every weapon unlocked. The M416 is my next choice followed by the F2000. I use the MTAR if I am playing EN, M98B as a sniper, and the 240B as supply.

You must not take any long shots either because there is no way to headshot past 120 unless you factor in drop. I go halfway down to the second scope stadia line with M98B when shooting people off the building at death valley (from RUS spawn). Most of my sniper shots have some drop factored in.

There are a lot of things that piss me off regarding BF3 (hackers/gltchers, the F35 in general, lag, latency, getting stopped by curbs/boxes/dumbshit), but the weapon mechanics aren't one of those things.

I have well over 400 hours on my game (PC).
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Martyr_Machine:

I don't find any of that to be true. I am a surgeon with any of the ARs. I use the M16 (ACOG, foregrip, heavy barrel) by choice when I am the medic and I have every weapon unlocked. The M416 is my next choice followed by the F2000. I use the MTAR if I am playing EN, M98B as a sniper, and the 240B as supply.

You must not take any long shots either because there is no way to headshot past 120 unless you factor in drop. I go halfway down to the second scope stadia line with M98B when shooting people off the building at death valley (from RUS spawn). Most of my sniper shots have some drop factored in.

There are a lot of things that piss me off regarding BF3 (hackers/gltchers, the F35 in general, lag, latency, getting stopped by curbs/boxes/dumbshit), but the weapon mechanics aren't one of those things.

Ummm, you do realize I was talking about MOH Warfighter sucking and not BF3 right?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Martyr_Machine:

Ummm, you do realize I was talking about MOH Warfighter sucking and not BF3 right?

I don't think he realized...
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Martyr - Which M16? The A3 or A4 variant?

And does anyone here run around with their rifles on single shot? Just curious.
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top