Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 50
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Indeed. Once I shot a rocket at a tagged helo and thought I missed. Perhaps 45 seconds to a minute later I get notification that I just killed someone with my Gustav. I had completely forgotten about that launch and it had been tracking the whole time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By uglygun:

Originally Posted By FTAggie:

Got my Gameinformer in the mail yesterday and read over the Battlefield 3 feature. I fully expect it to be better than BC2. Undoubtedly the single player will be narrow, overly cinematic, but I see many areas where the multiplayer can be improved.

But I did spot one thing that has me a bit leery. With the addition of jets and the nightmare that is good chopper pilots in BC2, I know some of us were talking about an anti-air option. See the following quote:

If someone gets really good at flying a chopper, then people say the chopper overpowered. No, you just haven't learned how to counter it, because there is a counter.

I get the point about having counters and balance, and Battlefield is one of the best at keeping class/vehicle balance, but there are only two options (three if you include air-to-air) for anti-air in BC2. The tracer-to-RPG/Gustav method, which is incredibly difficult against a good chopper pilot, and the anti-air emplacements, which can be effective but suffer from a 90 percent chance of being picked off by a sniper or blasted by the chopper (maybe that's its counter ).

I haven't played BF2 in awhile, but I seem to recall the jets being a pain in the ass when they had a particularly good pilot. Especially when they would dive bomb the main spawn area continuously... namely on the Gulf of Oman map.

You didn't want to be playing against one of my squads when in BF2.

I built up a SATA2 based machine shortly after BF2 was released.   I typically was the 1st to load into the game despite the fact I was using only a 3700+ SanDiego core AMD.    I was typically able to steal whatever jet or piece of equipment that I wanted.

The China/US island map(iwo/wake) was especially frustrating for the enemy if I loaded in on the US side.   I'd be in a jet, flying across the map while other AR15.com members joined my squad to spawn on me.   They would wait to spawn until I bailed from the jet, landed on the Chinese runway, they'd instantly spawn on my landing.   We'd hold their main base before 1/2 of the enemy team had spawned.

And I was terribly good at flying the jets such that I could drop single bombs from any of the fighters on a variety of targets.

And the J10 was terribly unbalanced in terms of the other "fighter" aircraft.   The F18 was next best.   F35 being absolute worst in the game far below the bombers and a complete missle magnet even after whatever balancing(read nerfs) that EA tried to do.    I still believe that EA's true reason for trying to make fixes was to actually ruin the game so that people would want to move on to the next release, 2142.

That was fun as hell!

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Gibby:

Yes, it was.

It was amazing when a 6 member squad would pretty much dominate a 64 player server owning just about every air asset.  The raping was pretty epic.

Only thing that was painful was realizing how humiliating it was when a few of the AR15 and TPG guys would get together to try and play against other clans that truly had no life.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 9:55:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FTAggie] [#6]
From the above video:

LOL WUT?? No rear sight?

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#7]

From the above video:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/greyfox24/noiron.jpg

LOL WUT?? No rear sight?

America's Army splash screen for Snakesplain had the same problem lol

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 12:30:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Could be worse. Had Activision done it, his front sight post might have been on backwards

Originally Posted By modnar:

Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:

Originally Posted By MagazineFed:

Man I built my PC four years ago. I guess it's time to start pinching pennies and drop another $1500. Maybe I'll wait until summer or fall....

Here is a rig I priced out today at Newegg:  

Shopping Cart

-LIAN LI PC-A05NB Black Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case

-ASUS P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

-Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

-Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s

-EVGA GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express

-Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) x2

-Rosewill 74-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader w/ USB port

-LG Black Blu-ray Disc Combo SATA Model UH10LS20 LightScribe Support

-Thermaltake Black Widow W0319RU 850W ATX CrossFire Certified

Subtotal:$945.90

Shipping:$11.92

Total: $957.82

A GTS 450? A mid-range card that's already a generation old. Other than that I'd get a different PSU, IMO.  

Yeah I made some changes and here is what I have now:

Asus Sabertooth X58 mobo socket 1366

Intel i7 950 quad core 3.06Ghz

8Gb Corsair DDR3 1600hz (2x4Gb)

Seagate Barracuda 1Tb SATA 7200rpm 32mb cache

Lian-Li PC-7B midtower case

Antec 750W modular PSU

Lite-On BluRay drive

I'm going to hold off on the video until it is closer to release to see what is out then.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By uglygun:

I built up a SATA2 based machine shortly after BF2 was released.   I typically was the 1st to load into the game despite the fact I was using only a 3700+ SanDiego core AMD.    I was typically able to steal whatever jet or piece of equipment that I wanted.

Sort of the same here, I had separate drives for OS and for Games (just not SATA2).

I was running XP Pro x64 in 2005 (it wasn't officially supported in BF2 but it ran beautifully).

I had 4GB of good RAM, an overclocked AMD64 3500 and an overclocked 6800GT (later on a 7950GT).

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:40:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FTAggie] [#12]

Originally Posted By Slavac:

From the above video:

LOL WUT?? No rear sight?

"You turned off your targeting computer!"

"Use the force...Brian."

Dear God:

Please don't let them fuck this up.

Love,

Slavac

I just looked through the video frame by frame and I couldn't find a rear sight on any projectile weapon.

At one frame there's a soldier shooting an AR15 with no sights at all (front, optics or rear).

Jesus.

I KNOW! Hopefully its just a singleplayer detail omission that will be fixed.

ETA: By the way, today was supposed to be the big unveiling at GDC. Anyone see anything new out on the wires?

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 10:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kill-9] [#13]

today was supposed to be the big unveiling at GDC. Anyone see anything new out on the wires?

The event is happening this evening, info embargoed until midnight, so check back tomorrow.

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Will soouthpaw be supported?
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 11:53:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#15]

From the above video:

LOL WUT?? No rear sight?

"You turned off your targeting computer!"

"Use the force...Brian."

Dear God:

Please don't let them fuck this up.

Love,

Slavac

This is EA we are talking about. The same EA that fired the team that made the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 because they refused to dumb BF2 down to and arcade game.

Trust me they will fuck this up. The only hope we have is they leave it open and provide a SDK kit so someone can roll out a PR mod.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#16]
bump - New trailer
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 3:24:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FTAggie] [#17]

Originally Posted By kill-9:

bump - New trailer

The graphics are downright sexy.

The single player looks like the same defined path/actions that we've gotten from the CoD series and Bad Company series alike.

At this point, the single player is nice and usually somewhat fun, but I pay $60 a game for staying power (multiplayer).

Hopefully the MP kicks ass, but I doubt we see much of it for awhile.

ETA: I would love for them to build a WWII game around the technology (i.e. Frostbite 2.0) that we have today. The XBL Arcade BF 1943 was ok, but obviously not a full-budget project. It might be time to let all the modern-day Iraq/Afghanistan/Generic-Middle-Eastern-Country games take a break.

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 8:45:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: smolen] [#18]
bump - New trailer

Mmm... front sight absolute cowitness. Too bad its an ACOG and we knowledgable people know it doesn't work that way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Embedded:

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#20]
bump - New trailer

Reminds me wayy too much of Medal of Honor 2010...
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:

bump - New trailer

Reminds me wayy too much of Medal of Honor 2010...

The good news is that's just the single player.

With the return of 64 players (PC) and jets, I think it's safe to say the multiplayer won't completely suck like MOH.

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#22]
http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1152917p1.html

According to Bach it's not possible to simply hop into these vehicles and start driving, as many Battlefield veterans may want to do. While there will be several vehicle sections in the single-player portion, the game makes it clear when you're meant to hop into a machine and when you're supposed to proceed on foot. "When you tell a story you need to control the player in some ways, even though we have very sandbox-y elements as well. We make sure you get to try out everything…so we pace the game as a tutorial so when you go into multiplayer you don't feel scared. If you play through single-player you will feel quite safe to go online because you tried everything once."

This is slightly comforting and not really a surprise. The Bad Company and CoD series alike have essentially been multiplayer driven games with a tutorial-esque single player. Sure all we'll see for the next several months is SP gameplay, which will likely hurt pre-release opinions, but as much as I enjoy BC2 (for all its faults), I expect to enjoy BF3.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#23]

According to Bach it's not possible to simply hop into these vehicles and start driving, as many Battlefield veterans may want to do. While there will be several vehicle sections in the single-player portion, the game makes it clear when you're meant to hop into a machine and when you're supposed to proceed on foot. "When you tell a story you need to control the player in some ways, even though we have very sandbox-y elements as well. We make sure you get to try out everything…so we pace the game as a tutorial so when you go into multiplayer you don't feel scared. If you play through single-player you will feel quite safe to go online because you tried everything once."

This is slightly comforting and not really a surprise. The Bad Company and CoD series alike have essentially been multiplayer driven games with a tutorial-esque single player. Sure all we'll see for the next several months is SP gameplay, which will likely hurt pre-release opinions, but as much as I enjoy BC2 (for all its faults), I expect to enjoy BF3.

Frankly, I'm concerned that they've shown so little at this point.  Think about the LONG list of features that are, presumably, not yet ready to be shown.  And they have roughly 8 months before they need to have a build ready to stock Christmas shelves.  I expect the game to be small and bug-ridden at launch.  Either that or they will delay it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Frankly, I'm concerned that they've shown so little at this point.  Think about the LONG list of features that are, presumably, not yet ready to be shown.  And they have roughly 8 months before they need to have a build ready to stock Christmas shelves.  I expect the game to be small and bug-ridden at launch.  Either that or they will delay it.

I know its still early, but in the latest SP video, I'm still hearing the same audio samples/fx from Bad Company 2, which where also in the MOH game that Dice did as well.

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By slabertooch:

I know its still early, but in the latest SP video, I'm still hearing the same audio samples/fx from Bad Company 2, which where also in the MOH game that Dice did as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but DICE did MoH's MP component. The SP (which was surprisingly different) was built by an in-house EA team.

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Latest trailer is broken down by military types:

As expected, they rip EA for missing sights (and claim EA said the sights will be in the final game).
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 9:11:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kill-9] [#27]

As expected, they rip EA for missing sights (and claim EA said the sights will be in the final game).

DICE is the developer of the game (EA is the publisher) and, yes, DICE has stated that the weapons will have sights.

Interesting stuff; thanks for posting it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#28]
The graphics are gonna be gorgeous. I reeeeeeeeeally need to upgrade or build a new computer before that comes out.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#29]

DICE is the developer of the game (EA is the publisher) and, yes, DICE has stated that the weapons will have sights.

Interesting stuff; thanks for posting it.

Indeed. Momentary brain slip after hitting the REPLY button.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#30]
A few gripes here or there, but I like how it's shaping up from that trailer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Looking good. Please let it be an updated BF2, and nothing like COD or Bad Company.

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#32]
BF3 is basically a pollished version BFBC

bigger maps
more/better looking weapons
more vehicals
more players in multi play

thats it and thats all

the developers, dice and EA are not going to do anything revolutionary considering they sold around 3 million copies of BFBC 2, they are using a new version of the frostbite engine but at the end of the its going to play the same,

it would be nice to have a game close to BF2 but its not going to happen, they are not going to reinvent the wheel

BFBC is where the current engine got its start
a year later, BFBC 2 gave us almost completly destruction of buildings
a year later MOH gave us more realistic looking graphics compared to the some
a year later BF3 will tie everything together

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 1:55:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Pretty cool new fact is they have confirmed that they will finally allow the player to use the fire selector switch to go from semi to full/burst on weapons that allow it. Bout time they finally added this.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 4:05:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#34]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
Let's just hope this doesn't go the way of BF:BC2 with the dreadful online issues that don't seem to get fixed.

+1

And all the "fixes" for the whiners that fuck up the game, such as the faggot sniper campers not liking that vehicles could actually act as an effective foil against them, so they all whined en masse so that DICE made their little shit mortars able to one-shot everything including tanks so now they could camp people on foot AND vehicles. Ridiculous. And then the bullshit where they cut the tickets down to 75 and made them refill ALL the way at each base on Rush. WTF. I think they had the perfect balance in the beta and at launch, but then they just fucked it all up with "updates."

At least even at its worst it was infinitely more enjoyable than COD. I think Battlefield 1943 reached the pinnacle of fun value though. Sniping required skill, taking out vehicles and aircraft required effort, and you couldn't control the battlefield hiding in a bunker with a good overlook; you had to get out there and fight if you wanted to make any difference. I no longer play any CODs, and I stopped playing Bad Company 1 and 2. I still play BF1943 though. It's only 3 maps, but when the gameplay is done right, the gameplay is done right.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 4:39:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By Frost7:

Originally Posted By voodochild:

Let's just hope this doesn't go the way of BF:BC2 with the dreadful online issues that don't seem to get fixed.

+1

And all the "fixes" for the whiners that fuck up the game, such as the faggot sniper campers not liking that vehicles could actually act as an effective foil against them, so they all whined en masse so that DICE made their little shit mortars able to one-shot everything including tanks so now they could camp people on foot AND vehicles. Ridiculous. And then the bullshit where they cut the tickets down to 75 and made them refill ALL the way at each base on Rush. WTF. I think they had the perfect balance in the beta and at launch, but then they just fucked it all up with "updates."

At least even at its worst it was infinitely more enjoyable than COD. I think Battlefield 1943 reached the pinnacle of fun value though. Sniping required skill, taking out vehicles and aircraft required effort, and you couldn't control the battlefield hiding in a bunker with a good overlook; you had to get out there and fight if you wanted to make any difference. I no longer play any CODs, and I stopped playing Bad Company 1 and 2. I still play BF1943 though. It's only 3 maps, but when the gameplay is done right, the gameplay is done right.

Reading your post reminded me that I quit the game for a period of time after half the good guns got nerfed and various changes really diminished the gameplay. I find myself irritated by the same things now that I started playing again with some Arfcomers. Playing Rush, which I played almost exclusively before, is still a mind-numbing headache. I've come to terms with the games faults via Conquest. That being said, the Vietnam expansion is pretty darn good (despite most of the Conquest maps being without tanks or helicopters... apparently only the Rush players get the fun stuff). I suggest you give Vietnam a try.

I like BF1943, but don't play much because, much like the Vietnam expansion, no one on my friend's list plays. I wish there were more maps and the controls were consistent with BC2, but I accept it for what it is. I kind of like the Air Superiority side game. It's a good way to learn dog fighting vs. being repeatedly shot down in the normal game mode.

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 4:55:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I like BF1943, but don't play much because, much like the Vietnam expansion, no one on my friend's list plays. I wish there were more maps and the controls were consistent with BC2, but I accept it for what it is. I kind of like the Air Superiority side game. It's a good way to learn dog fighting vs. being repeatedly shot down in the normal game mode.

I'll consider it, but right now I have new copies of Dead Space 2 and Killzone 3 waiting to be played, so if I work up the nerve to go back to BC2 and try Vietnam that'll probably be later.

I'll tell you my real attraction to 1943...

In the top 100 pilots worldwide.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#37]

...the whiners that fuck up the game, such as the faggot sniper campers [and] their little shit mortars able to one-shot everything...

The only players I hear complain about "faggot sniper[s] and their little shit mortars" are those whose idea of fun is to park a tank in a strategic location of the map and mow down everything in sight without fear of being killed themselves.

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#38]

...the whiners that fuck up the game, such as the faggot sniper campers [and] their little shit mortars able to one-shot everything...

The only players I hear complain about "faggot sniper[s] and their little shit mortars" are those whose idea of fun is to park a tank in a strategic location of the map and mow down everything in sight without fear of being killed themselves.

+1...

Mortars don't one shot kill any armor, unless the sniper anticipates what the driver always does when the mortars start coming in, which is back up to get out of the impact area.

The best way to kill a vehicle with one mortar spot is to center the impact to the rear of the vehicle, unless they move forward, but most drivers move to the rear once the first round hits.

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Sniper mortars have the longest reload of any weapon in any Battlefield-named game. It's actually faster to drop your mortars, die, respawn at base and run back to your camping spot and drop it again, than to wait for the cooldown period to end.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 4:46:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FTAggie] [#41]
The mortar hate is a tad overblown. I think multiple snipers hitting the same are is often misconstrued as mortar spamming. Is it annoying? Yes, but it's part of the game.

ETA: Edit to my opinion... I would like to see it limited like the artillery was in BF2. Only one player could call it in then. And realistically, all the snipers on one team should only have access to one a single set of artillery. Thus when one sniper calls it in, no one else can call any in until it reloads... not like it is now where they can call it in continuously.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Embedded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muOdOgW0m0c

The clear as day absolute co-witness is bad enough, but a fucking NSN01? Seriously?

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#43]

I bitch about it because it can make capping a flag more sketchy than usual. I can generally minimize one mortar strike's damage to my vehicle, but when two or more snipers spam a flag, it's frustrating as hell. I don't expect to be invulerable, but please explain to me how a mortar strike (sometimes by itself) and a fucking 40mm/hand grenade can take out an Abrams. It's almost as bad as BC1 when you could be knifed out of a tank's turret. At least they fixed that bullshit in BC2.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Whats the deal with pulling the charging handle back everytime you reload except when topping off. Is it only going to be one or the other when getting a reload right in a game?
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By renesis:
Pretty cool new fact is they have confirmed that they will finally allow the player to use the fire selector switch to go from semi to full/burst on weapons that allow it. Bout time they finally added this.

Oh, I didn't know that! Awesome. I know they did it in MOH. Hopefully it allows you to switch in multiplayer.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By KaBar3:

Whats the deal with pulling the charging handle back everytime you reload except when topping off. Is it only going to be one or the other when getting a reload right in a game?

That was addressed on the OffDutyGamers.com breakdown of the video. The opinion there is split whether it's easier to hit the bolt catch or just pull the handle and let it ride home. Either way, you're not losing a round.

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#47]
I seem to recall that when topping off my M14, there's no manipulation of the op rod handle. I honestly never paid too much attention to reloading except when belt-feds are concerned. That reload takes forever.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 8:41:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#48]

I'll see your response and raise you:

Mines.
UAVs.
C4.
Rockets.
TOW launchers.
Tanks and APCs.

All of which can effectively counter vehicles, only you have to be in the fight yourself instead of hiding and contributing nothing to the team's objective and racking up kills. Only people who think those aren't enough are people who want to be able to kill any vehicle in sight without fear of being killed themselves. i.e. camping snipers.

People using vehicles to break deadlocks on the map aren't the problem with BC2, the jerkoffs playing deathmatches while their team loses and complain because there are objects in the world they can't kill without moving are the problem. And around the time I stopped playing they were becoming a PLAGUE. 2/3 of the team would be snipers camping in buildings trying to snipe the handful of guys on the other team actually attempting to complete objectives. And if someone who knows how to effectively employ a tank starts killing them and they actually have to, *gasp*, go in harm's way and sneak a C4 onto the tank, they cry to DICE about how overpowered vehicles are.

I wouldn't complain as much if the mortar didn't do a ridiculous amount of damage or if support got the mortar like in BC1, but they proceeded to overpower the camp class so much it is (or at least was as of my last games) stupid.

Again, BF1943 got it right. A sniper could be very effective at both taking down infantry and countering vehicles, but the player had to learn his trade. BC2's beta and the retail version were also pretty close to this. Then the updates came, and If you have half an idea of what you're doing as the sniper in BC2 you could control the map. Which makes it even worse because then EVERYBODY is playing snipers. Fail.

In 1943, if I was attacking an objective, I could ALWAYS find guys already attacking it or willing to team up with me. BC2, I go it alone constantly with maybe 1, if I'm LUCKY, 2 other guys. But at least we have 10 snipers for backup.

THAT is why I still play 1943 to this day, and no longer play BC2.

Originally Posted By flpickupman:

I bitch about it because it can make capping a flag more sketchy than usual. I can generally minimize one mortar strike's damage to my vehicle, but when two or more snipers spam a flag, it's frustrating as hell. I don't expect to be invulerable, but please explain to me how a mortar strike (sometimes by itself) and a fucking 40mm/hand grenade can take out an Abrams. It's almost as bad as BC1 when you could be knifed out of a tank's turret. At least they fixed that bullshit in BC2.

Exactly. Controlling objectives without having to fight is not what Battlefield is about, gdamnit. If I could stomach being an ass, I'd have done the smoke/tracer dart griefing on my own snipers a lot more. Want me to get shot while you play deathmatch to boost your KDR stats and use me as bait and help the team not at all? Have a glowing red dot for the enemy to see, fucker.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#49]

I'll see your response and raise you:

[snip]

OK, fair enough.  It isn't always quite so bad now.  On an attacking team of 16 on, say, Isla Innocentes, maybe 4 or 5 will be sniping, at least at the beginning of the round.  If they try and try to blow an MCOM and get frustrated, then the number of snipers goes up.  And sometimes I do the tracer dart trick if they start to annoy me.  

Still a great game, though.  Since I'm a PC guy I've not tried BF1943.

Btw, did you know that they actually nerfed the mortar in the first major patch?  They lengthened the cooldown from 45s to 1 min.  As far as I know, it's always had the same potency, I don't think they've changed that.

Link Posted: 3/4/2011 1:45:51 AM EDT
[#50]
It absolutely has the same amount of damage.
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top