BCM
User Panel

Page / 77
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By starduks:

Originally Posted By biglou250:
http://i56.tinypic.com/28lv2u1.jpg

skyrim is starting to look flawless to me.  this is the first game ive actually been excited about in a LONG time.

Agreed.

I just hope the magic has more diversity than Oblivion. Oblivion was kind of boring in the magic realm.

"Shock, Fire and Frost Damage?"  Big whoooop.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:31:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: biglou250] [#2]
Here is a complete, for now, list of all the screen shots from Quake Con. Some have already been posted. Some pictures are large, so right click/view image to see in better detail.

Khajit.

Orc.

Bosmer.

Argonian.

Nord.

Redguard.

Dunmer.

Evolution of races throughout the Elder Scrolls series.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Nice!
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

skyrim is starting to look flawless to me.  this is the first game ive actually been excited about in a LONG time.

Agreed.

I just hope the magic has more diversity than Oblivion. Oblivion was kind of boring in the magic realm.

Don't be a homo that uses magic....problem solved.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By roboman:

Agreed.

Pft.

Magic > Brute Strength in forms of fighting

Don't be a Mongo.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 12:28:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: roboman] [#7]

Agreed.

Pft.

Don't be a Mongo.

I prefer the arrow shot from across the room with the 3x stealth bonus . While you get in position to cast magic missile I'll put a handful more arrows into you
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 1:01:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Agreed.

Pft.

Don't be a Mongo.

I prefer the arrow shot from across the room with the 3x stealth bonus . While you get in position to cast magic missile I'll put a handful more arrows into you

Chameleon FTW.

Link Posted: 8/15/2011 2:12:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Does that mean no Breton?  I might rage if they leave Breton out. Funny thing, I always had my Sneak maxed whenever I played a Breton until I had a high enough Illusion/Enchanting.  I couldn't care less for the Imperials and Altmer.

Also the Bosmer actually looks badass for a change.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By _Soggy_:

Does that mean no Breton?  I might rage if they leave Breton out. Funny thing, I always had my Sneak maxed whenever I played a Breton until I had a high enough Illusion/Enchanting.  I couldn't care less for the Imperials and Altmer.

Also the Bosmer actually looks badass for a change.

I think all races are still in
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Still missing Altmer, Breton, Imperial. They are still in the game, just no screen shots of them yet.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Drool.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Another Argonian screenshot.

Link Posted: 8/18/2011 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Another Argonian screenshot.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8284252/289217_10150262378306404_131368351403_7672136_3558499_o.jpg

Looks awesome....it does look like a raptor from Jurassic Park though .
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#15]
So no Breton?

Breton magic bonuses owned all the other races perks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By lokifox:

So no Breton?

Breton magic bonuses owned all the other races perks.

Breton was one of my favorite races to play.

I just hope they made them look at least a little different than Imperials this time.

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#17]
In many of the Gamescom screenshots, there are people with a weapon in one hand and magic (fire) in another. This is interesting.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Credge:
In many of the Gamescom screenshots, there are people with a weapon in one hand and magic (fire) in another. This is interesting.

That was in one of the early videos. You can duel wield a weapon and magic.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 5:43:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: biglou250] [#19]

Dark Elf.

Orc.
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Fuckn’A! Can’t wait to waste weeks of my life on this!
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By _B_:
Fuckn’A! Can’t wait to waste weeks of my life on this!

QFT

Link Posted: 8/22/2011 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Has anybody heard anything about system requirements?

I need to build a new gaming computer anyway.
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By Spade:

Has anybody heard anything about system requirements?

I need to build a new gaming computer anyway.

No kidding, I've got a 3 year old computer, may need a new one

Link Posted: 8/24/2011 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#24]
These are predicted requirements. Official ones haven't come out yet FWIK.

Intel CPU- Celeron E3300 Dual-Core 2.5GHz
AMD CPU- Athlon II X2 240
Nvidia GFX Card- GeForce GT 420
ATI GFX Card- Radeon HD 5670 512MB
RAM (Memory)- 4 GB
Hard Disk Space- 10 GB
Direct X- 9
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#25]
These are predicted requirements. Official ones haven't come out yet FWIK.

Intel CPU- Celeron E3300 Dual-Core 2.5GHz
AMD CPU- Athlon II X2 240
Nvidia GFX Card- GeForce GT 420
ATI GFX Card- Radeon HD 5670 512MB
RAM (Memory)- 4 GB
Hard Disk Space- 10 GB
Direct X- 9

Is that recommended or basic requirements?  If thats just basic I need to buy some new comp parts, my fanschmancy $3k Dell will already crash to desktop with Oblivion maxed out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Might have to pick this up when it comes out... I've got Morrowind and the Elder Scrolls game of the year edition... I've suffered from a couple of the bugs that game had because it was rushed out the door... my character got stuck in a room and couldn't get out and I had to restart. It sucked.

Hopefully Bethesda is spending their time on bug fixing...

I'll be getting it for my Xbox 360... my PC isn't up to the task of running this game... and I won't be upgrading it anymore.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By scorpion12:

I'll be getting it for my Xbox 360... my PC isn't up to the task of running this game... and I won't be upgrading it anymore.

You're really missing out on stuff by not playing on PC.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Here’s some pics of the default characters.

Linky
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Might have to pick this up when it comes out... I've got Morrowind and the Elder Scrolls game of the year edition... I've suffered from a couple of the bugs that game had because it was rushed out the door... my character got stuck in a room and couldn't get out and I had to restart. It sucked.

One huge advantage to playing on PC is the ability to use the console and modify the game during moments like this. I have been stuck in crevasses and such before in Oblivion, just hit tab then "noclip" gets you out of a jam quick.

Also if the game glitches and an item or character you need to progress in the game has vanished (like not in the fucking game anymore....) you can add the item / character and move on with the game. Nothing is worse than restarting after 100 hours of gameplay....
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

One huge advantage to playing on PC is the ability to use the console and modify the game during moments like this. I have been stuck in crevasses and such before in Oblivion, just hit tab then "noclip" gets you out of a jam quick.

Also if the game glitches and an item or character you need to progress in the game has vanished (like not in the fucking game anymore....) you can add the item / character and move on with the game. Nothing is worse than restarting after 100 hours of gameplay....

I cant use console on mine, its either the windows 7 or my keyboard not letting me do it on a number of games.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Hopefully the game is more along the lines of Morrowind. Oblivion was a disgrace to the series.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Spartans:
Hopefully the game is more along the lines of Morrowind. Oblivion was a disgrace to the series.

Lies. Both were great.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Spartans:

Lies. Both were great.

I have to agree. I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Mother of god  

Video Demo
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Mother of god  

Video Demo

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Mother of god  

Video Demo

I wish they would release new footage, this is the same stuff we've already seen
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 11:40:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: W3ap0n-X] [#37]

Not really.  I built a massive gaming PC and haven't touched it since I got my PS3.  I prefer playing games on a machine made to play games...rather than try to play games on a machine that has multiple other purposes.  Trying to keep up with driver and software updates, crashing to desktop because some other program decided it needed to be the most important thing right then or that it wanted to conflict with a driver that was in use...no thanks.

To each his own.  I definitely don't want to get into the PC vs console debate.  It's all about personal preference.

As for Skyrim...I absolutely cannot wait for this game.  I haven't been more excited for a game since Final Fantasy III (actually Final Fantasy VI but they changed the number for the United States) back when I was still in highschool.  Final Fantasy VII was close but I was working, in college, old enough to drink, and had seen a vagina by then so gaming had lost quite a bit of its hold on me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By W3ap0n-X:

Not really.  I built a massive gaming PC and haven't touched it since I got my PS3.  I prefer playing games on a machine made to play games...rather than try to play games on a machine that has multiple other purposes.  Trying to keep up with driver and software updates, crashing to desktop because some other program decided it needed to be the most important thing right then or that it wanted to conflict with a driver that was in use...no thanks.

To each his own.  I definitely don't want to get into the PC vs console debate.  It's all about personal preference.

As for Skyrim...I absolutely cannot wait for this game.  I haven't been more excited for a game since Final Fantasy III (actually Final Fantasy VI but they changed the number for the United States) back when I was still in highschool.  Final Fantasy VII was close but I was working, in college, old enough to drink, and had seen a vagina by then so gaming had lost quite a bit of its hold on me.

I meant you're missing out on Skyrim/Elder Scrolls stuff. The downloadable content really helps the game.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By W3ap0n-X:

I meant you're missing out on Skyrim/Elder Scrolls stuff. The downloadable content really helps the game.

Yep. As has been said in this thread many times, the modding community for TES games is huge. For me, Skyrim is a must play with PC game because of what you'll be able to download apart from official expansions from Bethesda. To each their own of course, but you will be missing a significant part of Skyrim by playing it solely on a console.  

More on topic: I haven't seen any new content released lately. I hope we get some more soon.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 2:12:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Mother of god  

Video Demo

Nerdgasm!

Link Posted: 9/23/2011 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#41]
While this has nothing to do with Skyrim, I thought it was way to awesome to not post. Some dude printed every book in Oblivion into one giant book.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/koq07/so_i_printed_all_the_oblivion_ingame_books_into_a/

Link Posted: 9/23/2011 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#42]

While this has nothing to do with Skyrim, I thought it was way to awesome to not post. Some dude printed every book in Oblivion into one giant book.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/koq07/so_i_printed_all_the_oblivion_ingame_books_into_a/

http://i.imgur.com/ce1dE.jpg

That guy needs a girlfriend.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:38:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

http://i.imgur.com/ce1dE.jpg

That guy needs a girlfriend.

Yea...but I want that book That is awesome
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Just built a new gaming rig just for this and battlefield 3.

I only played Oblivion on xbox because my pc couldn't handle it.
I've got this Puppy covered on max settings.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Race and Perk Skills

Sneak attacks with daggers do 15x damage

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:14:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anaxes] [#47]
It looks good so far. And it seems you can finally stab people which, mods aside, has been long overdue with everybody waving swords around! Some of the accents that NPCs seem to have in a few videos didn't sound quite right, but that was a complaint with Morrowind and Oblivion, too.

This PC only just managed Oblivion on minimum graphics (smoothly), so Sexbox it is.

Originally Posted By InjunJoe:
Race and Perk Skills

They really knocked Sneak effectiveness down from Oblivion and Fallout 3 in Fallout NV. If the invisibility and chameleon mechanics aren't as overpowered as in Oblivion, and the AI is as sensitive to your approach as NV, it should be fairly difficult to get close enough without detection.

Morrowind was good for OP-ness. Levitation probably won't be making a return! And neither will moon jumping across the landscape via maxed out Acrobatics.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:40:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TT4life] [#48]
Originally Posted By Anaxes:
It looks good so far. And it seems you can finally stab people which, mods aside, has been long overdue with everybody waving swords around! Some of the accents that NPCs seem to have in a few videos didn't sound quite right, but that was a complaint with Morrowind and Oblivion, too.

This PC only just managed Oblivion on minimum graphics (smoothly), so Sexbox it is.

Race and Perk Skills

They really knocked Sneak effectiveness down from Oblivion and Fallout 3 in Fallout NV. If the invisibility and chameleon mechanics aren't as overpowered as in Oblivion, and the AI is as sensitive to your approach as NV, it should be fairly difficult to get close enough without detection.

Morrowind was good for OP-ness. Levitation probably won't be making a return! And neither will moon jumping across the landscape via maxed out Acrobatics.

I hope they don't have overpowered chameleon like they did in Oblivion.  Made things way too easy sometimes.  

That article was tits.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TT4life:

Race and Perk Skills

I hope they don't have overpowered chameleon like they did in Oblivion.  Made things way too easy sometimes.  

That article was tits.

It made it easy but come on, how funny was it running around cities obliterating people just to watch everyone else run around in shock.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Followthehollow:
Originally Posted By TT4life:

Race and Perk Skills

That article was tits.

It made it easy but come on, how funny was it running around cities obliterating people just to watch everyone else run around in shock.

I spent over a year doing just that..... god help humanity if I ever get super powers.

Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top