Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 63
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else in this thread, but is this program OK for beginners and people that have not worked out for a long time?  What extra equipment is needed if one buys just the basic kit?

Looking for a workout program since I am pretty out of shape and I sit during most of the day at my job.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:45:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else in this thread, but is this program OK for beginners and people that have not worked out for a long time?  What extra equipment is needed if one buys just the basic kit?

Looking for a workout program since I am pretty out of shape and I sit during most of the day at my job.

Thanks
View Quote

You might want to start with P90.  Right now I'm really liking "Hammer and Chisel"
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

It's perfect, they offer modifications to most everything, just watch them through first, and be sensible. It doesn't have to be a race. I had some physical limits the first time I tried it so I took it slower than most and it required about 3 rounds of P90X before I was able to really keep up and do everything on their pace...but I got there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the replies.  Thank you
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, on the equipment issue I'd suggest a set of high quality bands or barbells, good stable chair, pull-up bar as a bare minimum.

I used the SKLZ brand resistance bands and they got the job done without breaking the bank, but bar bells are better.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Are we all fatties now?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Are we all fatties now?
View Quote

Too much German Potato Soup.

I still incorporate some of the workouts into my fitness, but I moved and have access to a really nice gym now so I'm kind of doing my own thing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I still incorporate some of the workouts into my fitness, but I moved and have access to a really nice gym now so I'm kind of doing my own thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we all fatties now?

Same. I've been doing some CrossFit stuff and interval runs. Thinking about doing the 22 workout they have. Which is actually 33 to 50 minutes long if you do it right.
Page / 63
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top