Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2017 11:14:03 AM EDT
So, I have a cyst sitting on a tendon in my left wrist. I injured the wrist while performing burpees back in February and as a result of that minor injury a cyst formed. Who knew? My doc is going to fix it, he said that I would be down for about two weeks. Has anyone else had a repair like this?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#1]
My left thumb has hurt at the lower joint for many years. I have not had it looked at or repaired.  Many of the symptoms described in your case are similar, weekness, hard to make a fist, etc.  I really notice it when putting bullets in my reloader or when loading mags.  Opening a jar with my left hand is a no go.  

I hit that portion of my hand with a  3 pound sledge hammer, full swing, over ten years ago.  I think that may be the cause.    

eta:  Burpee?  We called them monkey fuckers or bends-and-thrusts.  From my history, I have done more of those than most cross fitters.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
i thought this was going to be about some lineman for the Raiders.  Honestly, I thought it was gonna be about something like that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Opened thread expecting a Key & Peele video. Leaving disappointed.

Good luck, OP.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My left thumb has hurt at the lower joint for many years. I have not had it looked at or repaired.  Many of the symptoms described in your case are similar, weekness, hard to make a fist, etc.  I really notice it when putting bullets in my reloader or when loading mags.  Opening a jar with my left hand is a no go.  

I hit that portion of my hand with a  3 pound sledge hammer, full swing, over ten years ago.  I think that may be the cause.    

eta:  Burpee?  We called them monkey fuckers or bends-and-thrusts.  From my history, I have done more of those than most cross fitters.  
View Quote
I know, I know. It was a timed event, was letting proper form go and landed funny a couple of times.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Our events always had a sense of urgency too:   "Faster, faster......just keep moving slow and we will be here all fucking day.  Faster ladies!!! We are just going to keep these up until I am tired! I want to see a cloud of sand!  Faster! "

Urgently urgent. 

The hammer was bad.  One of the only times the Vicodin actually worked.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I had that in the right hand, severe inflammation, caused carpal tunnel symptoms. I didn't have a cyst though, so eventually just had the tendon release surgery.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had that in the right hand, severe inflammation, caused carpal tunnel symptoms. I didn't have a cyst though, so eventually just had the tendon release surgery.

Good luck.
View Quote
What was your recovering time like?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Pain relief was almost immediate...the post surgical pain was nothing compared to the pain from the tendinitis and carpal tunnel.  I'd even had a cortisone shot which only got me partial relief and only for a couple weeks.  I had the surgery on Friday and was off pain meds entirely by Monday.

I was actually off work for a full month though, and had therapy three times a week, to make sure it was healed and recovered well enough to return to work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pain relief was almost immediate...the post surgical pain was nothing compared to the pain from the tendinitis and carpal tunnel.  I'd even had a cortisone shot which only got me partial relief and only for a couple weeks.  I had the surgery on Friday and was off pain meds entirely by Monday.

I was actually off work for a full month though, and had therapy three times a week, to make sure it was healed and recovered well enough to return to work.
View Quote
Fact...
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I realized that I butchered the first spelling of De quervain's in the title. The procedure took all of 15 min, it was gen anesthesia so I felt like I was in the drone zone all of yesterday. The site is stiff and sore, as to be expected. I'm off to binge watch The Soprano's and Justified.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I had the release surgery on this a few years ago... I was fully recovered within 2 or 3 weeks. (pretty much when the incision was 100% healed)

Now I'm getting the same tenosynovits on the outside of the wrist (closer to the pinky)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top