Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2017 8:22:26 AM EDT
Supplement store guys were giving away samples at the gym, I had never tried preworkout before, so told them get me a couple samples of that.  Holy hell, BOTH of them (different brands, different times) made me freaking flushed and tingly right afterwards (before workout)...is that normal?

What is preworkout good for, anyway, and what is anyone's preference?  (I already take creatine)
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Beta-alanine is what you feel. Different pre-workout will tout different benefits. Generally speaking, they aim to improve focus, pump/vascular dialation, and energy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Niacin
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Niacin
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Beta-alanine is what you feel. Different pre-workout will tout different benefits. Generally speaking, they aim to improve focus, pump/vascular dialation, and energy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Normal until your body gets used to it.  C4 used to do that to me...now it just takes away my post-work fog before i hit the weights.

As for what they are good for...well they wake you up a bit and help you get the most out of your workout.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Niacin
View Quote
Second Post is on spot. Niacin Flush. If you've never experienced it it can be unnerving. some people love it, Me, Not so much. 
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Niacin
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah my forehead and ears gets very warm and itchy, as if I'm having a mild allergic reaction, it's slightly annoying
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Niacin
Yup.
Too much put me in the ER. IV Benadryl and something else.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#10]
beta alanine
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, will have to look around to see what has less of that, sounds like...
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#12]
do not ever take the powder dry and chase it with some water.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#13]
This reminds me of the only time I was given Ultimate Orange back in the day.  My workout was great that night but I didn't get to sleep until 8:00 AM the next morning.    Good thing this was on a Friday night, otherwise work would have sucked the next day.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go hardcore.  Snort it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Beta Alanine is the stuff that's giving you paresthesia.  It takes a lot more niacin iirc, to get the niacin flush.  Otherwise, everybody would get the flush whenever they took a multivitamin.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I love me some niacin flush. 
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#18]
OP, do you often take things without knowing what's in them and how it's going to effect you?
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP, do you often take things without knowing what's in them and how it's going to effect you?
View Quote
Sorry str8edge, live a little!

Jeez, its not like I was given meth or something.  It was from people who work at a local supplement store that are trying to get my business by giving me a product that I requested.  And figuring I don't really have any special medical conditions, yes, I had no problem trying any one of their marketed preworkouts.  

But no, I didn't plan on running them thru the mass spectrometer and then writing a dissertation on how those chemicals react to the normal human body...YMMV
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#20]
1'st & 2nd PNI.

I didn't like that feeling at first when I first started taking PW, but now I like it :)
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Jeez, its not like I was given meth or something.  It was from people who work at a local supplement store that are trying to get my business by giving me a product that I requested.  And figuring I don't really have any special medical conditions, yes, I had no problem trying any one of their marketed preworkouts.  

But no, I didn't plan on running them thru the mass spectrometer and then writing a dissertation on how those chemicals react to the normal human body...YMMV
View Quote
unless it's this stuff... bahahahahaha

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/14/tests-of-supplements-craze-and-detonate-find-methamphetamine-like-compound/2968041/
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
It wasn't this one was it?

Amazon Product
  • Introducing Meth Lab by TLM Research the best hardest hitting no crash pre workout on the market today
  • So who should take Meth Lab Anyone who needs an extra boost of energy and mental focus whether that is in the gym, on the field or even a long day at work.
  • Here at TLM Research we want to give you products that work. To start out we put 5 grams of creatine monohydrate. Creatine monohydrate is the most studied, most effective form of creatine.

Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Go hardcore.  Snort it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go hardcore.  Snort it.  
Fucking amatures.....mix that shit in your coffee.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Go hardcore.  Snort it.  
View Quote
Snort it then sprinkle some in your eyes for good measure.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#25]
The niacin gives the flushing feeling whereas the beta alinine gives the tingles.

I fucking love it
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The niacin gives the flushing feeling whereas the beta alinine gives the tingles.

I fucking love it
View Quote
Oddly, I like the tingle part from beta alanine as well.

It motivates me to lift harder.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top