Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2017 10:25:35 PM EDT
What whey and or casein protien powder do you guys like. Looking for post workout mainly and maybe to be able to bump my protien up when I'm short. I hate to buy a whole tub of bad tasting stuff. Just started starting strength program and I do some HIIT with a trainer once a week. Plus I'm walking 2-3 miles on my lunch break at work. I hope to be in better shape come hunting season this  year.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Re-Kaged is good but $$$ @ $2.00/serv. Dymatize ISO100 is good too about $1/Serv in bulk.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Vega One. (not whey, veggie based)
I really like the vanilla. I make smoothies with it using a Bullet blender.
1 scoop Vega One, Ice (1/3 of bullet tumbler), Kroger's Carbmaster yogurt (vanilla), a fistful of spinach, half a cucumber, 1 oz. cashews, and a splash of Kefir (also vanila). Yum.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Kaged casein and my protein strawberry cream 
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Syntha-6 wins in the taste category. The chocolate milkshake tastes like a chocolate milkshake. All of their flavors are delicious. 

They also have a fair amount of sugar carbs to them but I don't eat too many carbs so it works for me. They do get a bad rap for having to much good tasting crap in them but I'm many years past choking thick spoiled milk powder down because it's so "pure". 

I actually look forward to drinking it. 
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#5]
We buy Jay Robb Chocolate. It doesn't use a bunch of artificial sweeteners.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought some Jay Robb samples today. I'll check out some of the others listed. Thank you
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:18:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard in chocolate is my tried and true. Tastes great and mixes no problem without being chalky.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:39:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Now Foods Whey Isolate and Dymatize Casein.

I've found that I get better results with the Whey Isolate only for post workout, and Casein any other time (especially just before bed).

That said, I cook my food for the day when I wake up, then pack em in 3 Lock N Lock boxes and eat half a box every 2-3 hours. Whey after the waking workout, Casein before bed, an occasional Casein shake mid-day.

P.S. used to like Syntha-6 back before I started cooking and packing my meals. Actually read the label one day. IIRC, my 2-scoop (~50gm of protein) serving had something like 40% of the recommended daily cholesterol. I was drinking 3 of those a day

That's what made me look for pure whey isolate with as little 'additions' as possible.  The same 2-scoop 50gr protein serving of the Now Foods Whey Isolate has something like 2% of the daily cholesterol and no carbs.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#9]
PES Select

The "peanut butter cup" and "snickerdoodle" flavors are incredible. Easily the best tasting protein I've tried in the past 5-6 years.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/physique-enhancing-science/select-protein.html
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#10]
MyProtein any of the chocolate or choco-coconut ones are great. Cheap, decent protein and comes in bulk. 
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MyProtein any of the chocolate or choco-coconut ones are great. Cheap, decent protein and comes in bulk. 
View Quote
I like the strawberry cream and salted caramel.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard in chocolate is my tried and true. Tastes great and mixes no problem without being chalky.
View Quote
I use the same one.  Costco sells the big bag with 90 servings.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This ^^

MyProtein Impact Whey Protein or Impact Whey Isolate (I get the isolate as it's easier on my stomach)

The Strawberry cream is my fav. Great in a smoothie or by itself.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#14]
MyProtein

Chocolate or Vanilla. I just stick with the boring flavoring, mixes better with different recipes
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Promasil in chocolate.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:53:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I buy whey protein isolate from the bulk section of the grocery store and flavor it how i like.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 3:50:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup I ordered these 2, both are delicious.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:06:29 AM EDT
[#19]
ON is hard to beat. Even harder now that they sell it at Costco.

By far best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
MyProtein  
View Quote
Hands down. I get the 11 lb bags of unflavored. Mixes great. I usually just do Milk, Whey and either peanut butter or chocolate syrup (or both)
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quarter scoop of cheap aldi brand chocolate.  1.75 scoops myprotein in plain greek yogurt.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
MyProtein

Chocolate or Vanilla. I just stick with the boring flavoring, mixes better with different recipes
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#23]
ON Gold Standard--mocha cappuccino, malted chocolate.
GNC AMP chocolate.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Animal Whey
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#25]
MyProtein Chocolate Brownie in Greek yogurt.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Myprotein sent me banana by accident once.
It was the worst Id ever tried. I had to add one scoop to something else so I could eventually use it up.
It was like that Laffy Taffy banana flavor in liquid form. Was awful.
I gave some away and they didnt like it either.

I just got some GNC AMP in strawberry (wanted something different and it was on sale.) Its surprisingly good. Like nesquik strawberry milk exactly.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#27]
If there's one thing I've learned about protein powder, it's always get vanilla. Then you can make any flavor you want and you're not stuck with trying to use up a terrible flavor.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks guys. I'm going to pick some of these up to try.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Beef collagen powder.
Powdered cow FTW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top