Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2017 10:54:37 PM EDT
Guys

I bought a prowler for Fathers Day, got it today. Loaded it up with 180 lbs and did some sprints in front of my house. I love that thing. But the model I got is garbage, it already started to warp.  Where the handle section bolts to the front skid is warped, I think they hosed the head treating of the metal when they welded it.

Here is the POS that I bought. POS Econ Prowler

What is a better similarly priced prowler? Are the ones form Christian Fitness Factory worth a damn?

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
CFF Prowler

Is this one worth a damn?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#2]
My neighbor has that same style prowler from titan fitness and we all really like it. We've had it loaded with 6 plates(270lbs) no problem. Titan also released a more compact sled that looks good.

I am planning on picking up rogue's wedge sled to use when my neighbor isn't around since it is so compact.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's one that is $230.

I have purchased several things from Black Widow and he he has even made me a custom pull up bar for another brand rack.

His quality is first rate and he has always followed up with any questions I've had even after the sale.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:05:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been using this prowler sled in my bootcamp classes for well over year now and has been extremely solid. At $199, there is no better value. Most fitness stores have it for more than $300. Poles can flip to either side. Two pegs for multiple plates. Add ons can be found on some web sites.

https://www.xtrainingequipment.com/X-Training-Equipment-X-Pro-Drive-Sled--Push-Sled_p_1398.html

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you have a welder?

Because they look dead simple to make and pretty cheap as far as ordering material goes.

I feel like I could call my steel supplier and have everything needed for $100-$150.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's another option.... build your own.

I got this off of Craigslist for $30.  It works great.  I load it with 60# tubes of sand - up to 4 tubes, no problem.  I don't know how much it would cost to build, but I can't imagine it would be too much.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top