Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2017 9:15:17 PM EDT
Nothing special, just a Reebok half rack made by CAP.  

I'm just hoping i like the thing as much as i do their dumbells.

Not a fan of their plates and bars though.  Which is why im coming here asking for a middle of the road suggestion.

So. Whats a good bar in the $200 to $250ish area?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Rogue bars from their bargain cave (factory cosmetic seconds).
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rogue bars from their bargain cave (factory cosmetic seconds).
View Quote
Yep this.  

Ohio bar.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Got a Rogue Boneyard 20KG Ohio Power Bar - Raw Shaft w/ Bright Zinc Sleeves on the way.  

Probably should have went the raw sleeves raw bar route. Maybe still can....

I was going to order the clearance section bumper plates. They can straight up keep the fucking things with $167 they want to ship 6 plates.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Got a Rogue Boneyard 20KG Ohio Power Bar - Raw Shaft w/ Bright Zinc Sleeves on the way.  

I was going to order the clearance section bumper plates. They can straight up keep the fucking things with $167 they want to ship 6 plates.
View Quote
Good weights are worth it. Don't think of the shipping cost so much as price per lb.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
You have to wait until rogue does their shipping specials.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:19:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Okay. I saved up the money to get some good plates and being how i was blown away with the boneyard bar I'm probably going with rouge plates.  The bar is stupid nice. And thanks guys for the recommendation.

Now.  Since my bar is 20 kg should I keep going on the metric system for weights or just call the bar 45 lbs and buy Murican' weight plates?

Looking at buying a 90kg or 210lb set of the training bumper plates rougue offers that of as of this edit are both pretty much OOS.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#7]
You can do whatever you want in terms of kilo vs lb plates but no normal human being is going to question your bar weight you if you say you benched 225. With normal variation in weights bar to bar I would bet there are a good percentage of 20 kilo bars and 45 lb bars that actually overlap in weight. It really doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#8]
So you guys all squat without center knurling? I always use a standard bar at the gym when I squat, never tried without center knurling.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So you guys all squat without center knurling? I always use a standard bar at the gym when I squat, never tried without center knurling.
View Quote
I don't even notice anymore.  When I was doing a lot more cleans and front squats I liked having the center knurling, but with just back squats I haven't even noticed a difference.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't even notice anymore.  When I was doing a lot more cleans and front squats I liked having the center knurling, but with just back squats I haven't even noticed a difference.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I do.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Okay. I saved up the money to get some good plates and being how i was blown away with the boneyard bar I'm probably going with rouge plates.  The bar is stupid nice. And thanks guys for the recommendation.

Now.  Since my bar is 20 kg should I keep going on the metric system for weights or just call the bar 45 lbs and buy Murican' weight plates?

Looking at buying a 90kg or 210lb set of the training bumper plates rougue offers that of as of this edit are both pretty much OOS.
View Quote
210 isn't enough. Get the next set up.

I have Rouge trainers. Do recommend.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

210 isn't enough. Get the next set up.

I have Rouge trainers. Do recommend.
View Quote
210 or 90kg would keep me busy for awhile.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]
If you get an Ez-Curl bar for skull crushers, watch the bar angle. The CAP barbell cheapo EZ curl has the wrong angle for your wrist.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you get an Ez-Curl bar for skull crushers, watch the bar angle. The CAP barbell cheapo EZ curl has the wrong angle for your wrist.
View Quote
CAP barbell anything sucks.

Love their hex dumbell line though.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes. I chalk up my back...

That said I REALLY want a Texas or Mastodon Squat Bar
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:35:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a nice rogue bar, nice rogue rack...

And absolute garbage plates :(
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#18]
ETA: Links updated

Walmart.com is the best place to buy bumper plates, in my experience.  Diamond Pros in either virgin or crumb, well under $1.50/lb.  Need to watch the price fluctuations and stock though...I got my red 55's for $66 each, $140.91 total with tax and shipping.  
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-Pro-55-lb-Color-Bumper-Plate-Single/47935294
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-Pro-45-lb-Black-Bumper-Plate-Single/47935287
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-Pro-45-lb-Color-Bumper-Plate-Single/47935295
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-Pro-35-lb-Black-Bumper-Plate-Single/47935288
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-Pro-35-lb-Color-Bumper-Plate-Single/47935296
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-Pro-160-lb-Crumb-Bumper-Plate-Set/47935307

For bars, I have an American Barbell hard chrome training bar and I love it.  Knurl is awesome, 28mm diameter, and best part is that it's super quiet when dropped.  Uses composite bushings and has no rattle at all.  Got mine on sale for $250+shipping, which wasn't much different than a Rogue Bar.

https://americanbarbell.com/products/american-barbell-training-bar-1

Free shipping right now, at $275.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top