Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2017 10:04:39 PM EDT
I think I bruised my heel jumping off a diving board. Very painful.
Keeping it on ice but I believe I may have to go to the doctor.  
I can hardly walk on it.  Anyone ever fractured their heel?  
I figure if that was the case I wouldn't be able to stand the pain.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, in 2013 I fractured my left heel in 3 places.  See a Dr., take their advice, go slow, maybe see a physical therapist.  You'll recover, but it takes time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Just saw the bottom of your post about not being able to stand the pain.  I was able to stand my pain, the pain wasn't bad at all, I waited 2 days before I saw a doctor.  Just because the pain isn't terrible doesn't mean it's not broken.

Broke my left Tallus bone in February, had severe pain about 20 minutes after the injury, and that lasted about an hour, then it was pain free, just couldn't walk.  Still recovering from that one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Slow on any follow up. My apologies.

No fracture just a bad bruise.  There's a small bone spur found that never bothered me but I think it's aggravating the bruised area or vice versa.
Takes a long time to recover it seems.  But I'm thankful for no fracture.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
My uncle shattered his heel into about a million different pieces back in the 90s.  He was the kind of insurance adjuster that goes up on roofs.  One day he came off a roof.  Very fast, as in falling.  Landed smack on his heel.  Still hurts to this day he says.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Gel rubber heel inserts are a good thing.  I bruised the hell out of both heels in boot camp.  I had to walk on toes for weeks.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top