Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2017 12:29:04 PM EDT
I've been going through a bottle every month.  The issue is with the lid.  There's a seam around it that comes apart.  I try to be careful about over tightening but it still comes apart.  Are there other options?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
can you post a link to one that youve broken as an example?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Just regular Blender Bottle brand.  Purchased off the shelf at wal mart.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are taking about the ones with the stainless ball?

How did you break that? I have some of those over a decade old and still work.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I dunno how you would break that aside from just cranking the lid down. Ive got some, no problems at all.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXRWZNI?tag=vglnk-c102-20

This is the one I use.  I could only imagine what it would take to break it, but proper usage is not one of those things.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I feel like my oldest one's lid is heavier than my newer ones, never tested of course. But I have had a few of my newer ones break the same as OP. I figure if I break one every few months its not a big deal since they are $8 and I like them more than any other shaker cup I've tried. If I cared more I would probably try hand washing or slow down when I screw the lids on. But I'd rather get a new shaker cup every now and then than have protein shake splatter all over my kitchen from the lid not being on all the way.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Soooooooooo, a wide-mouth "Kleen Kanteen" stainless bottle will fit a shaker ball through the mouth. 4 years on the ole "swole juice vessel" and it's yet to break:

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Just take that ball thing, and drop it in a wide mouth Nalgene bottle.

Walmart actually has very nice Nalgene knockoffs in the camping section for about 5 bucks, they are branded "Outdoor Products"

I use them constantly and they are like new, still.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I feel like my oldest one's lid is heavier than my newer ones, never tested of course. But I have had a few of my newer ones break the same as OP. I figure if I break one every few months its not a big deal since they are $8 and I like them more than any other shaker cup I've tried. If I cared more I would probably try hand washing or slow down when I screw the lids on. But I'd rather get a new shaker cup every now and then than have protein shake splatter all over my kitchen from the lid not being on all the way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've also broken a few of them. In my case, I believe it was a combination of tightening the cap like a gorilla and then dropping it on the concrete floor at work...repeatedly. Fortunately, the manufacturer sells the caps by themselves. Just hit their site and order a few more. It's cheaper than replacing the entire bottle, and you can get just about any color you want.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll take a picture tomorrow to show where it is coming apart.  Going the nalgene route seems like the best.  I've had some for 10 years and they haven't broken.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Nalgene plus bulk wire whisk balls from Ebay.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#14]

There is a seam there that glued or something. 
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
http://i65.tinypic.com/2hfmnhu.jpg

View Quote
Yup. This is why I don't have any blender bottles.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure none of Mine have ever done anything like that

Use the dish washer on them?
View Quote
We have a large number of them and the lids do break regularly in different spots.  We consider the lids consumable.  You know its an issue when you can buy replacement lids on Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:05:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://i65.tinypic.com/2hfmnhu.jpg

View Quote
I break one of these a month, easily.

Bought an entire case of lids from Blender Bottle.

Now I have Kabuki Strength's steel shaker
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#19]
avex

I have about 8 of these. I've had them 2 years and have had no issues with daily use. You can find them at walmart on sale under the Contigo brand as well. If you qualify for promotive (expericity now) you can get them for 5.88ea.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn !!! I never knew blender bottles / shaker cups could break the bank. I've got mine free at the local supplement stores just for liking them on FB and sharing their page The ones I bought from GNC were like 7 bucks or less and I've had them for 3 years or more. I use them every day too but they get hand washed always.

Sorry miss read
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've not Found a blender bottle I am fully happy with.. they all Leak
View Quote
It's the smell that bothers me, they always end up smelly even though I wash mine religiously.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Soooooooooo, a wide-mouth "Kleen Kanteen" stainless bottle will fit a shaker ball through the mouth. 4 years on the ole "swole juice vessel" and it's yet to break:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/17494630_1885391361738974_1271496798506057728_n.jpg
View Quote
Is that a 64 oz?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top