Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2017 4:06:20 PM EDT
4 years ago I used Hemo Rage. Loved it, loads of energy and tons of focus. This time around I'm using Pre Kaged. It appears to be a quality product, unfortunately it just doesn't do for me what Hemo Rage did. I get very little from it. No energy boost, little pump, little if any boost in focus.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Lit - Gummy Worm Lit Beyond Raw

Only one Ive ever had that I didnt think I needed two scoops to feel anything.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Just coffee
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lit - Gummy Worm Lit Beyond Raw

Only one Ive ever had that I didnt think I needed two scoops to feel anything.
View Quote
Does it really taste like gummy worms?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Does it really taste like gummy worms?
View Quote
I think so. my sense of taste is kinda skewed though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
When I worked out it was C4, it is delicious and gets you jacked up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
One cup of black coffee and BCAAs when I exercise first thing in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:31:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I've tried them all since I first worked at GNC in 1996 and Ultimate Orange was the best there was.

Fast forward to today and having tried probably hundreds of pre-workouts, Blitz 5.0 from Goetz pharmaceutical has been my goto preworkout for over a year now. (Even over the products with DMAA)

https://www.goetzpharma.com/products/blitz-5-0-pre-workout
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've tried them all since I first worked at GNC in 1996 and Ultimate Orange was the best there was.

Fast forward to today and having tried probably hundreds of pre-workouts, Blitz 5.0 from Goetz pharmaceutical has been my goto preworkout for over a year now. (Even over the products with DMAA)

View Quote
is GNC a legit place to buy stuff from or is it overpriced?
I was in there the other day and they had a buy 2 get one free sale.
Then they had quake pre workout for $50 or $54 then you got free Amino Acid something or other (both about 25$ this way).
Seems like you gonna spend 50$ every time you walk in there.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Then they had quake pre workout for $50 or $54 then you got free Amino Acid something or other (both about 25$ this way).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way over priced. Even if they give you something free you'll barely be meeting online prices. Order from bodybuilding.com and thank me later! I just use evl bcaa energy for a little boost.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Way over priced. Even if they give you something free you'll barely be meeting online prices. Order from bodybuilding.com and thank me later! I just use evl bcaa energy for a little boost.
View Quote
Ive been using EVL Test, like it alot.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just coffee
View Quote
Me too.

I didn't like the tingles or the flavor when I tried some pre-workout my friend had.

It felt like I drank 3 cups of coffee and bit into a lemon.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Me too.

I didn't like the tingles or the flavor when I tried some pre-workout my friend had.

View Quote
I wish I liked coffee, I have tried.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

I used to hate it, but working construction through my 20's taught me to be addicted to it.

It's 30 degrees out at 4am, and we have to go pour concrete....here, have this warm mug for your hands, and the liquid inside will wake you up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I used to hate it, but working construction through my 20's taught me to be addicted to it.

It's 30 degrees out at 4am, and we have to go pour concrete....here, have this warm mug for your hands, and the liquid inside will wake you up.
View Quote
for whatever reason my body has very little energetic reaction to caffeine. Coffee only makes me have to poop.
I can drink a rockstar with 250mg caffeine and take a nap. I get why other people like it though, I think it smells great.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Tren base.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered ENGN stuff, another one of the top rated pre workout supps on I think bodybuilding.com. Hopefully it does more for me than Pre Kaged.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Cup of coffee, an asprin and a babnana.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cup of coffee, an asprin and a babnana.
View Quote
Babnana? Was it an Irish coffee?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, I started as a framer clear back in another life.  Coffee is comfort food as much as it is a performance enhancing drug.  One cup to be sipped on during my workout, sometimes about 1/3 of a scoop of C4 under my tongue.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just coffee
View Quote
This. And sometimes tacos.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Make your own. Most pre workouts are 1/2 the optimal dose per serving. You can buy the essential ingredients and mix your own for 1/2 the price.

Link
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Make your own. Most pre workouts are 1/2 the optimal dose per serving. You can buy the essential ingredients and mix your own for 1/2 the price.

Link
View Quote
Bookmarked.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tren base.
View Quote
I like your style
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

for whatever reason my body has very little energetic reaction to caffeine. Coffee only makes me have to poop.
I can drink a rockstar with 250mg caffeine and take a nap. I get why other people like it though, I think it smells great.
View Quote
Me too. I can drink 2 scoops of c4 and a rockstar and be fine.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. I drink a huge mug of coffee every morning, and have no problem going right back to bed when I receive notice that I don't have to go in.

Two scoops of C4 gave me excellent focus, but little (if any) boost. A couple scoops of  Muscletech's "Anarchy", however, gave a pretty good kick in the ass. Shatter SX7 was similar, but it gave me pretty bad nausea about 20-30 min into the workout. Shit actually had me on my knees in the grass outside, thinking I was going to hurl.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Muscletech x-5 vapor i think it is,, works great before that c4 but the x5 feels a lot much mo betta
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Water.

I got tired of paying for expensive urine.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Water.

I got tired of paying for expensive urine.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#30]
prekaged and inkaged and jym when i go lean
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Dust v2

I don't like that cracked out stim stuff.  

This gives me just the right amount of energy, focus and pump.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I actually have a tub that is about half full of Ultimate Orange from way back when.  Of course it has been boxed up in my attic for a long time.  I should probably toss it...but the nostalgia.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Rice cake with almond butter PWO

Evogen Glycoject and coffee w/honey during WO
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Blackstone Labs for me.

I use their pump formulas as well.

Then add creatine and bcaas.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Coffee and I've started eating a cup or two of greek yogurt about an hour before I workout
In the mornings.

I think it was in this forum that I read that having a good amount  protein in your body either before or sipping on a protein drink during your workouts helps your progress.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Coffee and I've started eating a cup or two of greek yogurt about an hour before I workout
In the mornings.

I think it was in this forum that I read that having a good amount  protein in your body either before or sipping on a protein drink during your workouts helps your progress.
View Quote
What I've been doing is eating a small breakfast, like 3 pieces of bacon 90 minutes or so before my workout with some fish oil and a multivitamin. Then my pre workout drink about 10-15 minutes before I leave, then 2 scoops of powder(50g protein and 11g BCAA) along with 5g of glutamine within 30 minutes of getting home.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Guinness for strength...
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I used to use jack3d when it was good but I've discovered a simple 15-20 min nap before lifting and a banana do way more than any pre-work out.  Anything besides whey and creatine is a waste of money.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

that one is on my list to try, any details on it?
View Quote
Looking at the amount of "stuff" in that, I'd spend my money elsewhere. Here are two good reads.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/does-your-pre-workout-supplement-suck.html

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/4-key-ingredients-for-your-pre-workout.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Looking at the amount of "stuff" in that, I'd spend my money elsewhere. Here are two good reads.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/does-your-pre-workout-supplement-suck.html

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/4-key-ingredients-for-your-pre-workout.html
View Quote
yeah I completely agree with those.
I just like trying different stuff every now and then was all. :)
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

yeah I completely agree with those.
I just like trying different stuff every now and then was all. :)
View Quote
I get it. I've recently tried pre Kaged and engn. Tomorrow I'm trying Outlift and probably going balls to the wall and will add 50mg of teacrine. I'll be posting results from either home or the ER
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I get it. I've recently tried pre Kaged and engn. Tomorrow I'm trying Outlift and probably going balls to the wall and will add 50mg of teacrine. I'll be posting results from either home or the ER
View Quote
ha!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#44]
So I have been looking at some of these pre-workouts that you folks are taking and recommending. Seems to me, the one thing that is consistent across most of these is the ingredients.

They all seem to contain about the same ingredients. What was shocking was the serving size. I still take the Blitz 5.0 and it is a 14 gram serving. I am seeing servings upwards of 30 grams. I guess at that amount, you are bound to have a heart pumping workout.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So I have been looking at some of these pre-workouts that you folks are taking and recommending. Seems to me, the one thing that is consistent across most of these is the ingredients.

They all seem to contain about the same ingredients. What was shocking was the serving size. I still take the Blitz 5.0 and it is a 14 gram serving. I am seeing servings upwards of 30 grams. I guess at that amount, you are bound to have a heart pumping workout.
View Quote
To be honest you would be better off going and buying 100mg caffeine pills and some L arginine and save a lot of money. Most of what's in that simply increases blood flow and is caffeine. Granted yes it has beta alanine. But still, no creatine and the taurine simply helps with your mood. You could probably buy 4-6 months worth of ingredients for the cost of that one container. Or fairly close.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
To be honest you would be better off going and buying 100mg caffeine pills and some L arginine and save a lot of money. Most of what's in that simply increases blood flow and is caffeine. Granted yes it has beta alanine. But still, no creatine and the taurine simply helps with your mood. You could probably buy 4-6 months worth of ingredients for the cost of that one container. Or fairly close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you are correct. I have purchased separate ingredients in the past and back in it's hey-day took the ephedrine\caffeine\asprin stack which worked tremendously.

I was more making the point that these companies seem to keep trying to "one up" each other with phrases like "most powerful you can buy" etc etc when all they are doing is increasing the serving size.

I was looking in some muscle mag on my vacation recently at all the BCAA ads. They all say "10 grams of BCAA", or 8 or 7 or even 12. But they all just increase the serving size. You can't get 10 grams of BCAA into a pea sized serving.

Anyways, was more just making a comment about marketing and gimmicks than anything else really.

Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yes, you are correct. I have purchased separate ingredients in the past and back in it's hey-day took the ephedrine\caffeine\asprin stack which worked tremendously.

I was more making the point that these companies seem to keep trying to "one up" each other with phrases like "most powerful you can buy" etc etc when all they are doing is increasing the serving size.

I was looking in some muscle mag on my vacation recently at all the BCAA ads. They all say "10 grams of BCAA", or 8 or 7 or even 12. But they all just increase the serving size. You can't get 10 grams of BCAA into a pea sized serving.

Anyways, was more just making a comment about marketing and gimmicks than anything else really.

View Quote
Oh I agree. When you look at the serving size for Pre Kaged compared to some others you can tell which ones have a ton o stuff. However figuring what stuff is important vs filler is the key.
I was actually coming to post about my day. Second day using Outlift and a 50mg dose of Teacrine. I've read 100mg dose of Teacrine is optimal, so I may try that in a few days and see what happens. That said I lifted more today then I had before. I was determined and had the motivation to say screw it I'm doing it and I did.... now, it could have been the 5-6 womenz that made me say dat ass  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top