BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/13/2017 9:20:21 AM EDT

DEATHRACE 500: SCW vs TheRex

(Cue soundtraaaaaaaaack)

Rob Zombie - Demon Speeding

So over in the ole 5/3/1 thread, SCW mentioned that he wanted to hit five hundo on a back squat, and I, TheRex, offered to race him there. He accepted.

First one to a 500# back squat wins.

The Rules:
500# Attempts must be filmed and posted. This includes failures. 
The crease of the hips must break parallel. 
Belts, lifting shoes, wrist wraps, and knee sleeves are permitted. Nothing else. 
First one to post a successful video of said lift wins

The Prize:
Well obviously the deep and sweet sleep that comes with knowing that A: You can squat a quarter ton and most of the world can't and B: That you're totally better than that other guy, the putz. 
BUT ALSO:
A pair of new knee sleeves for the giant swollen quadzillas that did the squat
A pair of shorts to show off the glutes for the sl00ts.

So...yeah. Game on.

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#1]
SWEET!  And we even get our own thread!  Thats even better!

I guess I'll have to get back on a regular squatting program, I hit 425x5 last December and took a few months off, but I think I'll get back fast.  

Hatch again?  We did Hatch a couple of years ago and had great results.

Russian squatting?

Cube?

Looks like I get to go back to bulking!  Yay bulking!
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Did someone say...bulking? 

Hatch always seems to give me a ton of gainz. And also DOMS every day. Not so much "delayed onset" but "constant and chronic". 

And yeah man, this way people can harass and shitpost us. 
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
One of you ought to try Hatfield squats if you're not already.  Those smoked my legs and gave me doms when I thought I couldn't get any squatting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#4]
In a poop thread?

Good luck guys and post updates.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, you're definitely ahead of me on both squats and bulking right now, but BBQ at the best place in Utah tonight (actually it's the only good place in Utah).

But I'm well rested and ready to crush.  Probably going to try the Russian squat program.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of you ought to try Hatfield squats if you're not already.  Those smoked my legs and gave me doms when I thought I couldn't get any squatting.
View Quote
Don't those require a SSB?  I don't have access to one of those.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wow, you're definitely ahead of me on both squats and bulking right now, but BBQ at the best place in Utah tonight (actually it's the only good place in Utah).

But I'm well rested and ready to crush.  Probably going to try the Russian squat program.
View Quote
Those aren't my baconators, just a piccy from the internets.

On the bulking though, yeah for sure. My ass is 

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't those require a SSB?  I don't have access to one of those.
View Quote
Yes.  How bad do you want it bro?  You could throw 500 on right now and just get used to moving it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes.  How bad do you want it bro?  You could throw 500 on right now and just get used to moving it.
View Quote
A quick search says about $300...  Hmm.  I dunno, how useful are they overall?  Seems like a good chunk of money for a bar with one purpose when I only have one crappy bar as it is for all the other lifting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I bet I can be under 200 lbs body weight before yall get to 500.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bet I front squat more than you back squat. Go be longfemured somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like this thread!

If KaiK beats you two, you both should have to do keto until fat seeps from your ears.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there a prize if a lifter dies or becomes seriously injured in the process?

that's some hoooooge weight
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is there a prize if a lifter dies or becomes seriously injured in the process?

that's some hoooooge weight
View Quote
No shit. It's scary, like when you're flirting with a girl on a date and you just wanna kiss her but you're worried that if you do, man, shit, what if it all goes wrong what if she pops like a bubble and then she's gone so you do some dumb shit like fist bump her and later she's like "Dafuq was that about, what's wrong with you?" because you had the power within you the whole time.

Anyway, here's current progress:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSznuJYBnmp/
last night, post block-jerks, had pause back squats. Worked to 445 with a 3 count, coach was like "Ok now your backoff sets are" and I was all BITCH I AIN'T DONE, IT'S BEEN A BAD DAMNED DAY AND I AIN'T LEAVING HERE WITHOUT WALKING FUNNY, so I threw on 20 more pounds. 
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh. I didn't hear you were transitioning. Congrats?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No shit. It's scary, like when you're flirting with a girl on a date and you just wanna kiss her but you're worried that if you do, man, shit, what if it all goes wrong what if she pops like a bubble and then she's gone so you do some dumb shit like fist bump her and later she's like "Dafuq was that about, what's wrong with you?" because you had the power within you the whole time.

Anyway, here's current progress:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSznuJYBnmp/
last night, post block-jerks, had pause back squats. Worked to 445 with a 3 count, coach was like "Ok now your backoff sets are" and I was all BITCH I AIN'T DONE, IT'S BEEN A BAD DAMNED DAY AND I AIN'T LEAVING HERE WITHOUT WALKING FUNNY, so I threw on 20 more pounds. 
View Quote
Nice squat! You could probably hit 5 plates without too much work, some loud death metal, and a little nose tork.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nice squat! You could probably hit 5 plates without too much work, some loud death metal, and a little nose tork.
View Quote
Yeah, there's no way this is even a contest.  I'm back up to 415 or so, probably 425 within a week, give me a few weeks and I'll be back to my 470-ish.

He's getting pink shorts.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, there's no way this is even a contest.  I'm back up to 415 or so, probably 425 within a week, give me a few weeks and I'll be back to my 470-ish.

View Quote
I believe in you! Is this still about high bar or is low bar ok? I didn't see it in the "rules." Get yourself some STrong sleeves, do some overload work(half squat to pins and box squats are fun), eat big, get gainz.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fair fights show lack of preparation. Get to work, son. This to light a fire, not bite a thumb
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#22]
SCW should post a video with a generous bro spot.

Rex has a pretty stout head start. That pause squat made my eyeballs hurt.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oh. I didn't hear you were transitioning. Congrats?
View Quote
I'm a big chick.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do tell where the best BBQ is....

And I didn't see your lunch post the other day until that afternoon...sorry I missed ya.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Do tell where the best BBQ is....

And I didn't see your lunch post the other day until that afternoon...sorry I missed ya.
View Quote
So I'm bulking now-

Bam-bams BBQ in Provo Utah.  Mmmmmm

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Ooooo that looks good. What did you get for the main course?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Uh, that was a half pound of chopped beef, plus beans, chips, cheese, etc.  I'm stuffed, but then I'm kinda new to this bulking cycle.  I'll get better!
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Uh, that was a half pound of chopped beef, plus beans, chips, cheese, etc.  I'm stuffed, but then I'm kinda new to this bulking cycle.  I'll get better!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you even taking this seriously?

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Did someone say...bulking? 
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWh5uxPUwAAfR7E.jpg

Hatch always seems to give me a ton of gainz. And also DOMS every day. Not so much "delayed onset" but "constant and chronic". 

And yeah man, this way people can harass and shitpost us. 
View Quote
Other than bulking- I have no idea what you just said
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh man, that looked amazing. 
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I don't see gravy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This. I don't see gravy.
View Quote
I walked into the kitchen a little while ago and saw a box of those pudding cups and was about to walk out when I remembered *I'm BULKING!*.  So I ate two.  Gains, here we come!  

No idea how I'm going to catch Rex, but it won't be for not trying.  Squats in the morning followed by eating all day.  Oh, and I'd better do my taxes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#34]
In for the soon to be poop thread....

I applaud yalls dedication to leg day, I will be in the squat rack myself

doing curls
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#35]
When I want back to squatting a few weeks ago I had trouble with 3x3 at 335.  Today I got 3x5 at 365, then pause squats and a 20-rep set at 225.

In a few weeks my max will be solidly back where it was in December, and if Rex hasn't won by then my momentum might carry me through.  That's the plan.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When I want back to squatting a few weeks ago I had trouble with 3x3 at 335.  Today I got 3x5 at 365, then pause squats and a 20-rep set at 225.

In a few weeks my max will be solidly back where it was in December, and if Rex hasn't won by then my momentum might carry me through.  That's the plan.
View Quote
That sounds so awful.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That sounds so awful.  
View Quote
lol, yes, SCW must be trying to punish himself for something he did wrong

20 reps at 225...self hater no doubt.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

lol, yes, SCW must be trying to punish himself for something he did wrong

20 reps at 225...self hater no doubt.
View Quote
It's ok, I'm using my pot needles for creatine now.  I'm actually up a few pounds already, but I imagine that the creatine and water.  I'm having a lot of trouble walking today, but I have lots of work to do at my desk today, and still those taxes breathing down my neck, so the kids are all on their own today- perfect day to be outside without their dad.

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#39]
I need to strive for 400 lbs back squat. But that aint shit compared to 500.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I just recently passed 400# on my back squat and man, heavy squats are 10x more terrifying than any other lift.

I'm on my first reload week of 5/3/1 after doing 5X5/Starting Strength over the past 8 or so months. I just joined the 1/4 Ton Club with my deadlift, which was very satisfying.

I'm looking forward to following this thread. This is why I enjoy this group.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I just recently passed 400# on my back squat and man, heavy squats are 10x more terrifying than any other lift.

I'm on my first reload week of 5/3/1 after doing 5X5/Starting Strength over the past 8 or so months. I just joined the 1/4 Ton Club with my deadlift, which was very satisfying.

View Quote
thats awesome, sounds like you followed the program pretty good, getting up to around 400 on the squat in the novice linear progression phase.   how old are you?  how tall and how much do you weigh?  just curious.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#42]
sweaty session today at lunch. hang snatch + OHS. Got 205 easy, then all aboard the strugglebus for 225. Couldn't stop letting my gd head drop, but once I focused on a water bottle across the room it went up easypeasy. Squat wasn't anything either. 

Definitely still got some pain in the ole low back from that pause squat but I think it's recovering ok to PR my hang snatch? 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
sweaty session today at lunch. hang snatch + OHS. Got 205 easy, then all aboard the strugglebus for 225. Couldn't stop letting my gd head drop, but once I focused on a water bottle across the room it went up easypeasy. Squat wasn't anything either. 

Definitely still got some pain in the ole low back from that pause squat but I think it's recovering ok to PR my hang snatch? 
View Quote
I was still pretty sore from Saturday, but I did get in for a quick workout and did a few squats up to a set of three at 395.  They felt ok, but I was still really feeling beat up so I didn't push too hard.

Bulking is going well, I'm already up about 6 pounds from two weeks ago, lol.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
thats awesome, sounds like you followed the program pretty good, getting up to around 400 on the squat in the novice linear progression phase.   how old are you?  how tall and how much do you weigh?  just curious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

27YOM, 5'09, 205
1500cal/day
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm halfway there. I might beat yall
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

27YOM, 5'09, 205
1500cal/day
View Quote
1500/day?

Dude, fix that.  It's concentration camp style nutrition and will metabolic damage is a real thing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

1500/day?

Dude, fix that.  It's concentration camp style nutrition and will metabolic damage is a real thing.
View Quote
I've been doing 1500 for about a month, BMR is about 2050. All of my lifts have continued to improve as desired and I feel good. Barring any negative changes or plateau strength-wise, I'm sticking it out for the three months or so that I'd planned on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#48]
FS max tonight. We who are about to squat salute you. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#49]
405?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've been doing 1500 for about a month, BMR is about 2050. All of my lifts have continued to improve as desired and I feel good. Barring any negative changes or plateau strength-wise, I'm sticking it out for the three months or so that I'd planned on.
View Quote
That doesn't even sound possible unless your lifts suck.

I'm eating like 2000-2500 a day and I can feel my strength going.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top