Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2017 10:28:43 AM EDT
To be more specific, the guys that need work pants for construction.

Over the past two years my waist size has stayed very close to the same, it's gone up maybe 1/2" according to the tailors tape.

The area below my hip bones, my ass, and my legs have all grown though. I got out all my pants recently and discovered none of them fit right any more.

Carhartt has been my go-to pants for years, but when I button them it's like I'm cramming into lady pants now, the seat size is the same as the waist size.

I did have some European cut pants that fit well, but even though I'm not tall they were quiet short in the legs. Anyone know of pants that are cut with a slimmer waist and bigger seat, and not just scaled upwards in a linear fashion based on the waist size?

I did order a pair of these to test out. http://www.jobmanusa.com/JOBMAN-Service-Pants-2310_p_286.html Hopefully they aren't super short in the legs though, they don't offer them in long.

I figured the guys in this sub would have more experience with this situation so I was hoping for suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have good luck with Duluth. If you don't like how it fits, just send it back for a refund or something else to try. They stand by their guarantee.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Where do you guys buy work pants?
View Quote

ME?  Banana Republic, Dawson Chino

Have you looked into 5.11 ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I get my work jeans (Carhartt loggers) from Amazon…………
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have good luck with Duluth. If you don't like how it fits, just send it back for a refund or something else to try. They stand by their guarantee.
View Quote
I've been meaning to try them, for some reason I could never get past the fact that their pictures were drawings instead of actual pictures.

Looks like they've changed that since the last time I checked them out though.

Any particular fit that works well for you?

It seems like every manufacturer has different ideas of what Slim, Regular and Relaxed are.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I get my work jeans (Carhartt loggers) from Amazon…………
View Quote
There is a Men's store not far from here that stocks almost exclusively Carhartt, Dickies and Levi.

I can't find any pants there that aren't super baggy, I can't stand over baggy pants, especially when I have to tuck them into Muck boots.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There is a Men's store not far from here that stocks almost exclusively Carhartt, Dickies and Levi.

I can't find any pants there that aren't super baggy, I can't stand over baggy pants, especially when I have to tuck them into Muck boots.
View Quote
The Carharrt loggers would probably be too baggy for you then. They double the fabric on the knees and are made for carrying tools, so they are a bit bigger than my Regular Levi's, but they last a long time compared to my Levi's…
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Walmart. The Dickies 'painter jeans' are tough as nails knockoffs of Carhartt. Cheap, good. I like the green ones.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I buy whatever pants I can find that (a) have my 36" inseam, and (b) allow unfettered movement in my seat and thighs when I move, bend, walk, squat, etc.

That always means buying pants with a waist measurement that is far too large, so I just cinch it all up with a belt.  As long as my shirt is untucked the extra creases and bunched up material is not too noticeable.

For dressier stuff (suits and slacks) I have them tailored.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#9]
$10 walmart jeans.
Also started buying coveralls from dickies. $30
Generous room for clothes underneath if you want.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently discovered C.E. Schmidt jeans at Tractor Supply. Love the fit, durability, and price.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I wear Dickies. Gave up trying to find my size at Walmart and Meijer. I bought some online from Dickies on sale for the same price as local with free shipping and no sales tax.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Duluth Trading duluthflex firehose work pants. Fit my squat booty very well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wear Dickies. Gave up trying to find my size at Walmart and Meijer. I bought some online from Dickies on sale for the same price as local with free shipping and no sales tax.
View Quote
This.  Dickies Men's Loose Fit Double Knee Work Pant from amazon. $28
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I wear Dickie's cargo pants almost every day. Plenty of room to move around in them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:07:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wear Dickie's cargo pants almost every day. Plenty of room to move around in them.
View Quote
How do they fit?

I mean do they tend to run small, normal, or large?  I may order a pair to try them out, but it seems pants always vary on size based on brand.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've been meaning to try them, for some reason I could never get past the fact that their pictures were drawings instead of actual pictures.

Looks like they've changed that since the last time I checked them out though.

Any particular fit that works well for you?

It seems like every manufacturer has different ideas of what Slim, Regular and Relaxed are.
View Quote
Honestly they all work pretty well for me. The pants in my avatar are just their regular firehouse cargo pants. For nice jeans I get their slim fit(lol). I wear the flex fit khakis when I go to the office or to train customers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#17]
My new favorite is Kuhl.  Awesome pants.  The Rydr pants are a heavier work pant, the Revolvr are lighter.  There's another model that I can't remember that are specifically made for big quads, I really want to try those too.

Also the Levi's 541 are ok but not great, I still have to order a 36" waist for my 33" body in order for the legs to fit.  UnderArmor Storm pants are ok too, but a little on the slim-leg side for me.

For reference I had to buy some new dress pants a while back and tried on about 30 pairs at LC Penny before I found two that fit.  And they are tight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought some BDU style true spec. They seem nice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:31:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Duluth ballroom carpenter jeans,  otherwise carhartt carpenters work ok but tight in the thighs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:20:10 AM EDT
[#20]
jeans in general have gotten skinny in the legs lower cut. Kirkland brand jeans if I need something disposable. Mountain Khaki if I need to be presentable.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How do they fit?

I mean do they tend to run small, normal, or large?  I may order a pair to try them out, but it seems pants always vary on size based on brand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do they fit?

They run about 1 size smaller than most of my other pants. I CCW IWB and had to get 36's in the dickies.....everything thing else I wear 34's.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#22]
An update, I got the pants I ordered, they were out of stock and I had to wait a bit.

http://www.jobmanusa.com/JOBMAN-Service-Pants-2310_p_286.html

The fit is good, and they don't have much cotton in them so they shouldn't shrink much in the wash.

The legs are reasonable for the waist size, not massive like all the other pants I have tried locally, probably because they are European in style.

On the more practical side, they seem like good quality work pants, just no left leg pocket, which would be nice, reasonable for under $40 though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top