Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2017 2:49:44 PM EDT
I started their 5 day program on Jan 1. I have committed a year to it then I will reassess my goals for 2018.  So far I have hit Pr's in full snatch 3kg, Jerk 4kg and back squat 2.5 kg.

Im digging the program, covers everything from warm up, lifts to cool down. Most of all the lifts come with video tutorial and points of performance.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I started their 5 day program on Jan 1. I have committed a year to it then I will reassess my goals for 2018.  So far I have hit Pr's in full snatch 3kg, Jerk 4kg and back squat 2.5 kg.

Im digging the program, covers everything from warm up, lifts to cool down. Most of all the lifts come with video tutorial and points of performance.
View Quote

What's the general layout like, it you don't mind?

Percentage based or self regulated?

Did they take a lot from Pendlay's time there, like Texas Method?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#2]
6 week programs starting off at a percentage of your 1rep max increasing weekly from 2.5kg to 10kg jumps depending on the lifts and what weight you are at.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
6 week programs starting off at a percentage of your 1rep max increasing weekly from 2.5kg to 10kg jumps depending on the lifts and what weight you are at.
View Quote

Both lifts same day?

Squat, 2, 3, + days per week?

Phases over the 6 weeks or just linear?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Both lifts same day?

Squat, 2, 3, + days per week?

Phases over the 6 weeks or just linear?
View Quote

snatches and cleans everyday, either back squats or fronts squats every day. Usually ends with some kind accessory work supersets 4/5 days.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:22:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

snatches and cleans everyday, either back squats or fronts squats every day. Usually ends with some kind accessory work supersets 4/5 days.
View Quote

Recovery okay, do they program some light days/weeks?

I've tried some different programs from Catalyst, Bob Takano, etc., and just got beat down within a couple weeks, never did stick with them long enough to get conditioned to it.

Really starting to enjoy LSUS program again and this year will almost be my third.  The "push/pull" offset helps me through the week.  You can hammer yourself with presses and squats and feel like shit, but with the following day being classic lifts or variations of and pulls actually helps me recover.  If I start feeling beat down I'll add in a rest day to make it an 8 day cycle.  Haven't done a full deload or time off since September.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top