Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2017 12:58:24 PM EDT
Doing deadlifts with shit form(don't get complacent) and the lower back popped. Went the chiropractor yesterday and he says it is a slipped disc but not terribly, pain lessened when he stretched me which he says is a good sign. I work a desk job so I am able to function, just need to plan ahead when it comes time to sit down or get dressed. Anyone with experience on this tell me how long it took them to start feeling normal again?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Forever?

3 herniated discs here, about 10 years ago.  Don't know how I did it, but I'm FUBAR for life.  If yours is slipped and will heal on its own, and you're not in bad pain now you'll probably be fine in a few days.  Maintain your flexibility (yoga is good), and keep working on core strength.  I'm assuming since you lift you do core stuff, but a strong core can help prevent future back issues.  Be sure to slowly build back up with the deadlifts and squats, taking care of that weak spot in the posterior chain.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah the chiropractor gave me some stretches to do including downward dog. I went for a 30 minute walk at lunch and that actually felt really good after the first couple of minutes.

The injury was 100% my own dumbass fault, I knew my form was off but I picked the weight up anyways.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the book Becoming a Supple Leopard.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Nearing the 3 week marker and my back is much improved, still a long way to being 100% but I am mostly fully functionally now just have to be careful moving in certain ways. Hopefully I will hit the 6 week full recovery that is typical for this injury.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The chiropractor will prolong your pain.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The chiropractor will prolong your pain.
View Quote
My chiropractor saved me from surgery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top