Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2017 1:00:00 AM EDT
Is there a decent forum for weight lifting (not olympic) and general fitness?
Bodybuilding.com doesn't do much for me.  Just wondering if there are places that I have missed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you want something like 'Starting Strength' or 'Strong Lifts', '5x5' and such?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not looking for a program.  

Just looking for a forum to kill time reading fitness banter like in this sub forum.  Just larger.  

I need the GD of fitness.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
isnt bodybuilding.com forum pretty much the arfcom of weight lifting? They have a "Misc" section, which seems to be the mirror image of GD. It really seems to be exactly what you're describing. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:15:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
isnt bodybuilding.com forum pretty much the arfcom of weight lifting? They have a "Misc" section, which seems to be the mirror image of GD. It really seems to be exactly what you're describing. 
View Quote

Nailed it. BB.com is very much like Arfcom, with all of the BS and random GD-like shit in the Misc forum and a bunch of more heavily moderated technical forums.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
It might just be the layout of the site or the million stickies that I don't like.
I must have overlooked the misc forum.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm pretty sure the only way to read BB.com is with chicken legs as you do curls in the squat rack.

Lots of ego, very little intelligence on that forum.  Made GD seem genius by comparison
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#7]
r/fitness
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
r/fitness
View Quote

r/strongman is a really good forum

T Nation has some good forums with some legit dudes.  I'm not registered on there or anything, but I've picked up some good stuff just looking at it.

But, the only real GD of lifting is the 5/3/1 thread in SD&F.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the only way to read BB.com is with chicken legs as you do curls in the squat rack.

Lots of ego, very little intelligence on that forum.  Made GD seem genius by comparison
View Quote
Depends on the subforum really.  The strongman/powerlifting and the over 35 are solid.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. A lot of 15-year old "experts."
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Reddit can be interesting

I usually check r/powerlifting r/weightlifting r/weightroom

BB.com is a shithole
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top