Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 1/3/2017 5:05:18 PM EDT
I was going to post in the 2017 challenge thread but I don't want to post pics of my sexy body.

I mostly wanted to make a thread so I could be held accountable.

So...in the course of about 2 months or so, Thanksgiving to present day I managed to gain 30 pounds and am now in a 46" waist.

Anyhow, My goal is to lose the weight and get down to a reasonable weight....current goal is 250, then one day I would like to be closer to 200 pounds.

So...what I'll do is post my morning weight and what I ate that day.

Hopefully by typing out what I eat and my weight I will do a better job at being accountable.

I woke up this morning weighing 310.6 lbs.

I'll post my food tonight.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been as high as 260 (I'm 5'9") ...I'm at 173 now.

My fitnesspal.com worked for me ...also I spent a lot of time on a road bike..about 4000mi since June of 2015..every ride tracked on Strava.

I also ride on Zwift..basically puts your bike on an indoor trainer..The bike is connected by bluetooth to a video game and you ride against thousands of other Zwifters from around the planet...Its sort of like Xbox live
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been as high as 260 (I'm 5'9") ...I'm at 173 now.

My fitnesspal.com worked for me ...also I spent a lot of time on a road bike..about 4000mi since June of 2015..every ride tracked on Strava.

I also ride on Zwift..basically puts your bike on an indoor trainer..The bike is connected by bluetooth to a video game and you ride against thousands of other Zwifters from around the planet...Its sort of like Xbox live
View Quote

I am going to take it slow with the exercise and do some HITT around the block, then hopefully get back into lifting.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Stop being fat.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a food scale, toss out all the junk food in your house, and don't buy any more of it.

Make a 4 week commitment to weigh everything you eat and track it with MFP.

After 4 weeks you'll want to keep going.

Exercise has very little to do with weight loss, focus on the food, exercise for your muscles, lungs and heart health.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:12:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stop being fat.
View Quote

So hard not to be fat.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:14:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buy a food scale, toss out all the junk food in your house, and don't buy any more of it.

Exercise has very little to do with weight loss, focus on the food, exercise for your muscles, lungs and heart health.
View Quote

Yep I have one, tossed out the bad food.

Today for breakfast I had my coffee with 4oz heavy cream
Lunch, cabbage with pork and chicken
Supper, smothered cabbage with sausage and ground meat.
1/2 lb bacon.

Ultra low carb and plenty of fat
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#7]
hop on keto for a bit.
you got this.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

1/2 lb bacon.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1/2 lb bacon.

You are on your way - stick with it.

Keep to the ultra low carb and healthy fat routine and it will nearly make you angry when you discover how EASY it actually is to eat great and lose the weight.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am going to take it slow with the exercise and do some HITT around the block, then hopefully get back into lifting.
View Quote

First off, that is great you are getting dedicated. Second, do what works for you. By that, I mean do what you can stick with and make a habit out of. It has to be enjoyable for you.

Third, if you want to get into lifting sooner the better. 1) Building muscle is easier when you are heavier 2) muscle is expensive for your body to keep around(requires more calories just to sustain) 3)putting on muscle will help you burn more calories so you can eat more(of the right stuff), stay sane, and stay fit.

Something that made me worry a little in your first post was that you said you gained 30 lbs in ~2months. Have you gone to the doctor and had bloodwork done? I would highly recommend it and since they are going to take a sample anyway have them check your testosterone levels as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Take advantage of fat guy strength a.s.a.p.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Drop the heavy cream in my opinion.  You may like it, but that is adding about 400 calories from fat to your coffee.  

1 ounce = 2 tbsp

4 ounce = 8 tbsp

1 tbsp of heavy cream = 50 calories from fat

8 x 50 = 400 calories from fat.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Keto, 1800kcal/day if you aren't lifting. Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
hop on keto for a bit.
you got this.
View Quote

That's the plan....I have had great success with following the Carb nite Soloution, I got down to 240 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You are on your way - stick with it.

Keep to the ultra low carb and healthy fat routine and it will nearly make you angry when you discover how EASY it actually is to eat great and lose the weight.
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

First off, that is great you are getting dedicated. Second, do what works for you. By that, I mean do what you can stick with and make a habit out of. It has to be enjoyable for you.

Third, if you want to get into lifting sooner the better. 1) Building muscle is easier when you are heavier 2) muscle is expensive for your body to keep around(requires more calories just to sustain) 3)putting on muscle will help you burn more calories so you can eat more(of the right stuff), stay sane, and stay fit.

Something that made me worry a little in your first post was that you said you gained 30 lbs in ~2months. Have you gone to the doctor and had bloodwork done? I would highly recommend it and since they are going to take a sample anyway have them check your testosterone levels as well.
View Quote

Yep...I have been seeing an Endo since 2010 about my Type II and other associated things with being fat. For some reason, I can put weight like no bodies business. My T is Low as in 150 total T, I have been off my Test Cyp for about 4 months or so by now, mainly for 2 reasons, 1. fertility 2. I really don't like wanting have sex 24/7
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Drop the heavy cream in my opinion.  You may like it, but that is adding about 400 calories from fat to your coffee.  

1 ounce = 2 tbsp

4 ounce = 8 tbsp

1 tbsp of heavy cream = 50 calories from fat

8 x 50 = 400 calories from fat.
View Quote

I may cut it down to 2 ounces...I still need to see how the other meals turn out.

Any how, 306 this morning....roughly 4 lbs of water have exited my body.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep...I have been seeing an Endo since 2010 about my Type II and other associated things with being fat. For some reason, I can put weight like no bodies business. My T is Low as in 150 total T, I have been off my Test Cyp for about 4 months or so by now, mainly for 2 reasons, 1. fertility 2. I really don't like wanting have sex 24/7
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have me so lost. You want to be fertile but like having a diminished sex drive? To point 1, you can use HCG or try clomid instead of test cyp. To point 2, focus on something else? We all need to control ourselves to some degree. I would really consider seeking treatment for your lowT. Once you hit or get near your target weight you can see if losing the weight has brought your natural levels up to a level you find acceptable. Having good T numbers helps in fat loss and general well being.

I don't want to come off as being mean or a dick, but it sounds like you have some personal issues you may want to assess while you are on this path. Obviously I don't know you, but if you have been seeing an endo coming on 7 years knowing you have issues and you just put on 30lbs for no reason I would ask myself why I am trying to destroy myself. It may be as simple as apathy or much more complicated. This answer may be the most valuable thing in being successful long term.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You have me so lost. You want to be fertile but like having a diminished sex drive? To point 1, you can use HCG or try clomid instead of test cyp. To point 2, focus on something else? We all need to control ourselves to some degree. I would really consider seeking treatment for your lowT. Once you hit or get near your target weight you can see if losing the weight has brought your natural levels up to a level you find acceptable. Having good T numbers helps in fat loss and general well being.

I don't want to come off as being mean or a dick, but it sounds like you have some personal issues you may want to assess while you are on this path. Obviously I don't know you, but if you have been seeing an endo coming on 7 years knowing you have issues and you just put on 30lbs for no reason I would ask myself why I am trying to destroy myself. It may be as simple as apathy or much more complicated. This answer may be the most valuable thing in being successful long term.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me see if I can make it make more sense.

around 2010 or so I went from about 260 give or take to 300 with in a year. So, it was time for my annual check up and we ran a shit load of test. Turned out I had a fasting BS of 180, Triglycerides of 400, bad cholesterol way up, good way down, high BP, A1c of like 7 or something high like that, and Total T of 170 on a scale of approx 220-1200.

So....I go to the gym see a trainer do the whole Calorie restriction diet thing and hit the weights and cardio like the trainer said. I get down to 270 but I still need the meds, Metformin etc.

So...I stop going to the gym get back to 290...Find the Carb Nite Soloution, go ULC and then go to the Gym and lift weights and some HITT cardio....I get down to about 240 and into a 36" waist....off all meds but back on the test for about 9 months (9 months prior I was off  of TRT for a while since we could conceive a child). So after my son was born 3 years ago I continue to gain the weight back until today's current weight. I plateaued around 285ish,got off the TRT to get fertile again to have another child) which coincided with  the holidays, then I shot up to 310.

As far as things that are causing me to put on weight

1. I have an issue with eating sugar and carbs.
2. I am a stress eater, my job is pretty stressful, it's spent all day getting told to fuck off or how I am not doing a good enough job.

So....what happens is that I get stressed out, try to just eat a few oreos and a glass of milk, then it always turns into the whole box of oreos and the whole half gallon of milk or the whole half gallon of ice cream.

That's why I can't eat a normal balanced diet........

As far as where the stress eating comes from....you could go back to my childhood. Being a Cajun, food is the answer for everything. Feeling said? Eat some food. Feeling happy? Eat some food. So...anytime I was feeling bad about somthing, grand ma or mom would make me some food to eat.
Who knows...
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:03:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Food eaten today...

Breakfast: coffee with HWC
Lunch: cabbage and pork/chicken with 2 tsb butter
Supper: 2 meatballs, 1/2 eggplant used as noodles, homemade ULC red meat sauce.

Pretty good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Stopping your testosterone therapy sounds like a horrible idea to me.  Testosterone literally drives every aspect of being a man as well as a man's health.  My TRT doc talked me into trying .5ml of HCG three times per week.  I haven't done it long enough to reach any firm conclusions but I know that when I'm taking it, I steadily lose weight and when I'm not on it (insurance issues) I gain weight.  YMMV.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Stopping your testosterone therapy sounds like a horrible idea to me.  Testosterone literally drives every aspect of being a man as well as a man's health.  My TRT doc talked me into trying .5ml of HCG three times per week.  I haven't done it long enough to reach any firm conclusions but I know that when I'm taking it, I steadily lose weight and when I'm not on it (insurance issues) I gain weight.  YMMV.  
View Quote

My Endo said he would get me some chlomid, so that should get my T up while still being a fertile mertle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My Endo said he would get me some chlomid, so that should get my T up while still being a fertile mertle.
View Quote

Careful.  Lots of side effects with that crap.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Clomid sucks. It made me feel really weird. And can make you blind.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I am hesitant to try it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

fuck that.
View Quote

Yeah that was my biggest concern about it. My dad has poor vision and I don't want to be like that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was going to post in the 2017 challenge thread but I don't want to post pics of my sexy body.

So...in the course of about 2 months or so, Thanksgiving to present day I managed to gain 30 pounds and am now in a 46" waist.

Anyhow, My goal is to lose the weight and get down to a reasonable weight....current goal is 250, then one day I would like to be closer to 200 pounds.

Hopefully by typing out what I eat and my weight I will do a better job at being accountable.

View Quote

You seriously gained 30 lbs in less than 2 months?!  Not being an ass, just honestly curious.  How do you gain that much weight in that amount of time without trying?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You seriously gained 30 lbs in less than 2 months?!  Not being an ass, just honestly curious.  How do you gain that much weight in that amount of time without trying?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fairly easy when you are hungry 24/7, that's how I feel when I am not eating ULC.

Eating sugar for me is like being addicted to cigarettes, stopping at the gas station for a king size milky way, king size snickers and a 20oz Fanta.

Here's a for example what I can easily eat if I want to.

Breakfast: king size double suasage egg and cheese crosandwhich with a large Dr Pepper
Lunch: Chinese/Mexican buffet roughly 3 plates about 4-5 lbs of food plus a ice cream and 4-5 comes
Snack: two chocolate pies and a quart of chocolate milk
Supper: 1 whole medium dominos pizza, 1 -2 liter of cola, some bread sticks and a tray of Oreos wo H 1/2 gal of milk.

Roughly 9000 calories and over 1000 carbs

I can do that easy peasy
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#29]
yesterday's whole meals of Food (old school reference , back when Pompeo and Cuthbert where at their prime)

Breakfast: Coffee with 3oz HWC
Lunch: Avocado & Boiled Shrimp over salad (went out for lunch to hob nob)
Dinner: 10oz flank steak grilled and put into a 3 egg omlet cooked in butter.

This morning's weight, 301.8 lbs.

Almost back into the 200's.

So, that's almost 10 pounds of water I have been holding onto. Over a gallon...
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:28:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's fairly easy when you are hungry 24/7, that's how I feel when I am not eating ULC.

Eating sugar for me is like being addicted to cigarettes, stopping at the gas station for a king size milky way, king size snickers and a 20oz Fanta.

Breakfast: king size double suasage egg and cheese crosandwhich with a large Dr Pepper
Lunch: Chinese/Mexican buffet roughly 3 plates about 4-5 lbs of food plus a ice cream and 4-5 comes
Supper: 1 whole medium dominos pizza, 1 -2 liter of cola, some bread sticks and a tray of Oreos wo H 1/2 gal of milk.

I can do that easy peasy
View Quote

Dam son!
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#31]
At your size, you can still eat loads of food and drop weight.  
Small sacrifices add up big time.  
Stop drinking calories especially that heavy cream.  Cook without the butter.  

If you are brutally honest with yourself and track (mfp) everything that goes in your mouth you will gain full control of your size.  
experiment with meal timing and food choices.  You may find an eating style that keeps you satisfied all day.  

Low carb makes me miserable.  
Eating breakfast makes me hungry all day.  
After months of experimenting, I found that a 600 kcal lunch in the late afternoon followed by a 1700 kcal dinner is best for me and I maintain or drop slowly there depending on activity level.  

Make yourself your own experiment and remember that you will mess up.  
It's the months and months of 95% consistency that will bring you success.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Dam son!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can do that easy peasy

Dam son!

All day every day if I wanted to....

301.2 this morning....SO that means I finally got all the glycogen and water out of my system that was extra. That's a lot of water weight.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I am officially in Keto....I say that because I had to attend a birthday party today and the only think I was able to do before we left was drink my coffee with HWC....we got home at 4:00 and I wasn't starving at all.

I pan seared me up some pork belly with Tony Chachere's seasoning....t'was good.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#34]
My foods for the day

On the numbers pretty good regarding macros

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My foods for the day

On the numbers pretty good regarding macros

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277411/IMG-2499-121603.JPG
View Quote

Calories too low. You're going to get burnt out. And super hungry. You're a big dude you can't take away that much food or you are going to have a huge binge.

Eat more protein if you want to add some muscle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Calories too low. You're going to get burnt out. And super hungry. You're a big dude you can't take away that much food or you are going to have a huge binge.

Eat more protein if you want to add some muscle.
View Quote

That's a real good point.

You think 2000 calories  would be better?

I'm not lifting yet though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's a real good point.

You think 2000 calories  would be better?

I'm not lifting yet though.
View Quote

Do you have myfitnesspal? It will give you a realistic number to lose 2#s a week. If you try to lose more than that for a long time you run the risk of messing up your metabolism.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll look into it.

Last time I did well losing and was lifting I was shooting for a gram of fat for every lb lean body mass with a ratio of .5 fat to protein and up from there.

So 200g fat and 300-400g protein.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's right you know.

You can lose 1.5 pounds a day if you want by keeping food in check, drinking 120 fluid ounces
of water, and running 3-6 miles .

Currently doing it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#40]
1.5 pound daily loss is unrealistic and unhealthy even at 300+ pounds.  

Please listen to Kaik and download myfitnesspal.  
It's free and will give you a ballpark goal for you caloric intake.

Just do some research and adjust your macros.  Their default macros aren't all that great.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
1.5 pound daily loss is unrealistic and unhealthy even at 300+ pounds.  

Please listen to Kaik and download myfitnesspal.  
It's free and will give you a ballpark goal for you caloric intake.

Just do some research and adjust your macros.  Their default macros aren't all that great.
View Quote

In need to just plug in different numbers and see what they look like.

My macros are going to be different since I'm doing keto.

In just plugged in some numbers and 32 ounces of rib eye steak a day would be ideal.

200g fat and 158 protein
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:31:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Come on and enter the 2017 body transition competition.

You're about my current size now. I'm only about 5 pounds lighter than you are.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

In just plugged in some numbers and 32 ounces of rib eye steak a day would be ideal.

200g fat and 158 protein
View Quote

Yeah it think those are good numbers for keto. But people who don't lift say I eat too much protein.

They also say I should eat more vegetables.

It's a long hall to lose that much weight. But I know plenty of guys who have done it. Don't burn yourself out by trying to do too much too fast.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Come on and enter the 2017 body transition competition.

You're about my current size now. I'm only about 5 pounds lighter than you are.
View Quote

I thought about it...but no one wants to see me shirtless..
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah it think those are good numbers for keto. But people who don't lift say I eat too much protein.

It's a long hall to lose that much weight. But I know plenty of guys who have done it. Don't burn yourself out by trying to do too much too fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

200g fat and 158 protein

haha...I know what you mean...I don't eat hardly any veggies at all. If I eat them, it's just to eat more butter.

Yeah...I really don't want to get burned out because with the Diabetes and fatty liver disease I need to keep the weight off and stay on the diet or my endo said the ole liver is just going to stop working right one day.

Anyhow...my weight was 298.6 lbs this morning. So back in the 200's....that's a lot of water.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

haha...I know what you mean...I don't eat hardly any veggies at all. If I eat them, it's just to eat more butter.

Yeah...I really don't want to get burned out because with the Diabetes and fatty liver disease I need to keep the weight off and stay on the diet or my endo said the ole liver is just going to stop working right one day.

Anyhow...my weight was 298.6 lbs this morning. So back in the 200's....that's a lot of water.
View Quote

When I was bulking hard I got up to 240. Then started keto and dropped 12#s in 3 days.

Carbs hold a lot of water.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

When I was bulking hard I got up to 240. Then started keto and dropped 12#s in 3 days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an amazing thing how much excess weight our bodies can store.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Food for today.

Brakfast: Coffee with 3oz HWC
Lunch; 2-4 oz of 2:1 ground beef to pork patties with cheddar cheese on top
Supper: 4-oz ground pork meatballs in ULC red sauce and about 6 oz of ground beef with melted cheese all up in it.

I still need to eat some more calories....I am about to get some avocados and coconut meat in my life.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#49]
297.4 lbs this morning.....tomorrow will be the 1 week mark and normally from what I read it takes 7-10 days to fully deplete glycogen stores.

I need to get me some MCT oil so I can add like a tablespoon to my coffee to help along the ketone production.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
297.4 lbs this morning.....tomorrow will be the 1 week mark and normally from what I read it takes 7-10 days to fully deplete glycogen stores.

I need to get me some MCT oil so I can add like a tablespoon to my coffee to help along the ketone production.
View Quote

If you go workout or do cardio it speeds the process. And gets you over the keto flu faster.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top