Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Day 20. 500 swings. 24kg bell. Dips 2-3-5 rotation. Hung in there for the final day. Back was ok, little sore at the end. Forearms the same. The thing I kept thinking about was finishing strong. Recovered quickly after as well. Really tried to power through the last day. 22 mins. 5 min drop from day 5. Had to work around some people in front of the dip bar, but still got it all in.

10000 total.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Day 20. 500 swings. 24kg bell. Dips 2-3-5 rotation. Hung in there for the final day. Back was ok, little sore at the end. Forearms the same. The thing I kept thinking about was finishing strong. Recovered quickly after as well. Really tried to power through the last day. 22 mins. 5 min drop from day 5. Had to work around some people in front of the dip bar, but still got it all in.

10000 total.
View Quote
 <-----Protein shakes

Good job!  So what changes have you noticed?  Grip strength, core strength, size changes, etc?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

<-----Protein shakes

Good job!  So what changes have you noticed?  Grip strength, core strength, size changes, etc?
View Quote
Right now, I have noticed strengthened glutes, hamstrings and lower back as well as increased endurance in tje forearms and grip. Recovery time has decreased significantly. The first day, it took my forearms and hands a good 10 minutes to stop tremoring and then start recovery. I want to give it a few days to rest and get back to some of the cardio and strength training I was doing before to see what has changed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Update: After having the weekend to rest, I went back into the gym today. Ran on the treadmill for the first time in 4 weeks. Had a little moment where I had to get my body back into the form, but it went pretty well. I think my cardiac capacity may have improved, but the drainage from sinuses and the weather are causing me some issues. The exercises involving my forearms were way stronger. My glutes and hams felt stronger running and my hand strength felt stronger doing pull-ups and cable rows. Overall, Id say the challenge was a great workout to switch things up and challenge your mental abilities to not give up. Until I get all the crap out of my lungs, I don't think I will feel the full result of the workout.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I just spotted this thread and I want to try this.

I'll follow the plan on t-nation so I can do it right the first time.

I only have a 30 lb kb, is that an issue for the first time around? I'm in pretty good shape as far as lifting goes but I'm looking to push my conditioning and lose some fat.

Should I get a bigger KB? Any issues with repeating the challenge every other month and increasing the weight?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just spotted this thread and I want to try this.

I'll follow the plan on t-nation so I can do it right the first time.

I only have a 30 lb kb, is that an issue for the first time around? I'm in pretty good shape as far as lifting goes but I'm looking to push my conditioning and lose some fat.

Should I get a bigger KB? Any issues with repeating the challenge every other month and increasing the weight?
View Quote
30lbs might be on the light side, but if you adjust with a higher rep range (say sets of 50, 75 and 100?) and go faster it's still going to be a workout.  I noticed when I was swinging a 70lb that I was putting on muscle, especially glutes and obliques.

Super set them with whatever you need to work on specifically and you'll get a great workout.  The only problem I see with doing them continuously is you'd get so bored you'd probably want to smack yourself in the head with a kb.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

30lbs might be on the light side, but if you adjust with a higher rep range (say sets of 50, 75 and 100?) and go faster it's still going to be a workout.  I noticed when I was swinging a 70lb that I was putting on muscle, especially glutes and obliques.

Super set them with whatever you need to work on specifically and you'll get a great workout.  The only problem I see with doing them continuously is you'd get so bored you'd probably want to smack yourself in the head with a kb.
View Quote
That's what happened the first time I tried it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Well the kb swings let me know real quick how outta shape I was.
These will be part of my training form now on.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well the kb swings let me know real quick how outta shape I was.
These will be part of my training form now on.
View Quote
Keep Swinging. You'll be surprised how fast you get conditioned to it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I must not be doing kb swings right or something...I feel nothing with a 40# KB.  I keep the swing up close, don't go overhead, etc, but it feels like wasting time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I must not be doing kb swings right or something...I feel nothing with a 40# KB.  I keep the swing up close, don't go overhead, etc, but it feels like wasting time.
View Quote
What are you after, Vic?  Conditioning or strength?  I can get a pretty good conditioning workout with a 35lb, but it takes me doing large sets and moving fast.  Mix in some strength training and you should be pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
How does one train for the 10,000 kettlebell swing challenge?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not something you train for, it's just something you do.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you really out of shape?  It can really tax you, there's a potential for tendinitis in your elbows and forearms.  Just get started and be honest about your ability to keep going.  Hitting the workout at 60mph for a week then getting injuries is worse than hitting it at 30mph and making it through the entire workout.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#15]
This thread is relevant to my interests
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top