Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2016 6:03:29 PM EDT
How in the heck am I supposed to do these?  I am 6'4" with long arms, I can hardly do a pull up.  I tried them today and got my feet about 12" off of the ground, basically because I was swinging them.  Another fellow was in the gym and said "like this" and did one like it was nothing, show off!

These are part of Wendler's 5/3/1 assistance exercises, what can I replace them with?  Plain ol' leg raises?  Those are also an assistance exercise.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I could teach you in person, but typing it out? eh... It's about the hollow and extended postitions then closing the distance between the bar and your toes by pushing yourself back HARD. It's tough to explain.

Anyway, do knees to elbows if you can't do toes to bar.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out these Google search results.  Lots of instructional info and videos online.

A couple years ago I couldn't do any either.   Now I'm working on stringing 10 of them.  In the meantime, you can do knee raises or knees to elbows instead.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  Knees to elbows sounds good, I'll try those.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could teach you in person, but typing it out? eh... It's about the hollow and extended postitions then closing the distance between the bar and your toes by pushing yourself back HARD. It's tough to explain.

Anyway, do knees to elbows if you can't do toes to bar.
View Quote

I say knees to elbows too. That's what I do. They work well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:23:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm 6'4, quit being a pussy

Heres a vid of a 50 year old doing them if that helps:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205741792122960

Seriously though its like pull ups, gotta work up to even one, then keep going. they aint easy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:41:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I see you've learned the first rule of cross fit.

Always talk about cross fit... one way or another
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

This isn't GD. Nobody even mentioned CF until YOU came in here. He's doing it for assistance to 5/3/1 in case you missed that part. This is actually pretty funny...you just proved the first rule about hating CF...never shut the fuck up about CF. I'm actually embarrassed for you. GTFO.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I struggle with T2B also being 6'4 and with really long legs.  You have to do really hard kips in order to string them together, otherwise, singles.  But knees to elbow are easier for the same reason.  Other people who are good at T2B really struggle with knees to elbow.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This isn't GD. Nobody even mentioned CF until YOU came in here. He's doing it for assistance to 5/3/1 in case you missed that part. This is actually pretty funny...you just proved the first rule about hating CF...never shut the fuck up about CF. I'm actually embarrassed for you. GTFO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks ... and cool dog!
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I've come to the conclusion that I'm inflexible as fuck. Apparently flexibility is important.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks ... and cool dog!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks ... and cool dog!

Thanks, she's an adorable pain in the ass
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
It has been just under 3 months since my original post and I can now get my feet off of the floor...not very high, but more than I could 3 months ago.  I may be able to do this crazy exercise yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top