Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm.  It looks like you're getting enough fuel.  I'm not a huge fan of ingesting anything but water during the course of a workout, but that might be what you need.  I'll have to defer to others who have firsthand experience with that.

You do get regular physicals and bloodwork from your MD, correct?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmmm.  It looks like you're getting enough fuel.  I'm not a huge fan of ingesting anything but water during the course of a workout, but that might be what you need.  I'll have to defer to others who have firsthand experience with that.

You do get regular physicals and bloodwork from your MD, correct?
View Quote
Correct. I'm a pretty healthy guy.

My Inzer belt arrived last week. Durability seems touch as nails, but I'm underimpressed with some stuff. You would think it wouldn't need breaking in to actually take the belt off but such is life. I tried using it for deadlifts. It I kept pinching my fat roll between the belt and my hip. It pinched every time I would go to put the barbell down. Any remedies?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
It sounds counterintuitive but mine is more comfortable for deads if I shove it down as far as it goes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My Inzer belt arrived last week. Durability seems touch as nails, but I'm underimpressed with some stuff. You would think it wouldn't need breaking in to actually take the belt off but such is life. I tried using it for deadlifts. It I kept pinching my fat roll between the belt and my hip. It pinched every time I would go to put the barbell down. Any remedies?
View Quote
You can roll the belt or fold in over once and work the bend all the way from side to side. If you YouTube how to break in an in we you'll find videos. You'll also get used to it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can roll the belt or fold in over once and work the bend all the way from side to side. If you YouTube how to break in an in we you'll find videos. You'll also get used to it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And enjoy the battle scars after you squat.  My wife loves that.  And by love I mean that she is appalled by it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And enjoy the battle scars after you squat.  My wife loves that.  And by love I mean that she is appalled by it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah no kidding. I don't usually get much more than a little redness, but the other week holy crap let me tell you it got me good. Apparently my belt wasn't in the right position and as I started going down on a squat I could feel this roll forming under the belt. Pain increased as I got deeper. Right at depth it felt like the belt tore the roll off. Racked the bar and was actually surprised I wasn't bleeding.  My wife is getting used to the belt stuff though, her new thing is getting mad at me when I bust capillaries from not exhaling on the way up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah no kidding. I don't usually get much more than a little redness, but the other week holy crap let me tell you it got me good. Apparently my belt wasn't in the right position and as I started going down on a squat I could feel this roll forming under the belt. Pain increased as I got deeper. Right at depth it felt like the belt tore the roll off. Racked the bar and was actually surprised I wasn't bleeding.  My wife is getting used to the belt stuff though, her new thing is getting mad at me when I bust capillaries from not exhaling on the way up.
View Quote
After the strongman Saturday, my eyelids were all busted and bright purple.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

After the strongman Saturday, my eyelids were all busted and bright purple.  
View Quote
Nice! That's how you know you put the effort in. I wonder what Eddie Hall looked like after his 500kg deadlift.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Wondering what most folks do for deadlift grip. I know I can do switch grip which will help but I honestly think a lot of it is my sweaty hands and the poor knurling on my cheap bar. A new bar is in the works, but without using straps, do any folks use chalk or anything similar? If so, any recommendations? Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wondering what most folks do for deadlift grip. I know I can do switch grip which will help but I honestly think a lot of it is my sweaty hands and the poor knurling on my cheap bar. A new bar is in the works, but without using straps, do any folks use chalk or anything similar? If so, any recommendations? Thank you.
View Quote
Chalk.
http://www.liftinglarge.com/Powerlifting-Chalk
I think that's what I've been buying.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top