User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I probably should say...

If you do consider trying sumo, it is incredibly technical and will require a ton of form work.
View Quote

Has anyone tried squat stance? I tried it the other day and my quads were on fire.

I need to not round my back as much too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Has anyone tried squat stance? I tried it the other day and my quads were on fire.

View Quote

My deadlifts are really similar (but higher) to my first pull on a clean, so there's a bit of leg press going on too.  It's a crutch for me though because I'm a lot stronger in the legs and not real flexible in the low back or hips.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My deadlifts are really similar (but higher) to my first pull on a clean, so there's a bit of leg press going on too.  It's a crutch for me though because I'm a lot stronger in the legs and not real flexible in the low back or hips.
View Quote

That's my problem. My gut is getting in the way.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm taking a week off lifting. Big changes coming. I am gonna go spend a few bucks and work with a oly coach a couple times.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm taking a week off lifting. Big changes coming. I am gonna go spend a few bucks and work with a oly coach a couple times.
View Quote

Why oly? Are you a commie?

But seriously...why the change?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#6]
you are stronger than I... but you said.... my routine.... change it up, if you do the same thing all the time.. enlist different muscle fibers, do other back workouts or machines, use different cable grips etc.. Just an Idea
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Popular arfcom consensus is I'm doing it wrong. So to do it properly I would much rather spend a few bucks and do it the right way than not.

Unless you have reasons for me not too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've gradually been widening my stance. Not quite sure what I think of it quite yet, but it does seem to take some back strain out while putting more on the hamstrings/glutes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Popular arfcom consensus is I'm doing it wrong. So to do it properly I would much rather spend a few bucks and do it the right way than not.

Unless you have reasons for me not too.
View Quote

Gotcha. When you said "oly coach" and "big changes" I took it to mean you were going to focus on the oly lifts.

I think a good coach is a wise idea.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I have been doing the same routine for the last two years with great success mind you. But I think if I switch it up and start training different muscle groups of different days that might change things up. I do need to start incorporating Olympic style lifting as well into this routine that way I'm strong all the way Around.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've gradually been widening my stance. Not quite sure what I think of it quite yet, but it does seem to take some back strain out while putting more on the hamstrings/glutes.
View Quote

I moved mine a little wider yesterday. I think it's helping.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#12]
So I've laid off the heavy deads here lately. Working on form and technique. Mainly lifting Romanian style and lots of back extension work.

Things seems to be improving. My work schedule has picked up so my lifting has slowed down.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top