Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2016 10:19:34 PM EDT
Anyone roll their own?

I had been using Citadel Tier One, but it is like $1 per serving, and is pretty basic.

I bought some bulk ingredients online, and just mixed a small batch up to try out. My starting recipe is:

200mg Caffeine
3.5g Beta Alanine
6g L-Citrulline
5g BCAA
5g Creatine

Comes out to like $0.56/serving. I figure I can play with the recipe a bit if there is too much or too little caffeine and beta alanine. I probably didn't need to bother with the BCAA since I haven't been lifting fasted lately. I still have some Creastorm bro stuff that MyProtein sent me free with my last order (19g carb + 5g creatine per serving), but once that runs out I'll probably just add a little Gatorade mix to get some carbs right before I work out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
i use black tea, 150mg
d ribose 5g
creatine pills 4g
beta alinine pills 1.8g
n/o pills
citrulline malate

all that other shit is not good on me
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty much exactly what I do plus I use taurine and one other thing I forget off the top of my head. Caffeine will be either 200 or 400 mg depending on the day.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I just use koolaid for its insulin spiking abilities and flavor. Highly anabolic.

What is the story with that stuff? I haven't heard of it before.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I was watching some videos with Christian Anto and he mentioned he likes to drink a product during workouts called Intra-MD. I have no personal experience with it but most peeps on the intrawebs say it's a combo of the highly branched cyclic detrin and essential amino acids (eaa's).

I have some on order and will be making my own sort of pre-workout, intra workout drink.

Some statements indicate that it does allow them to train harder and with more energy.

Here is a link to the original product. Most complain about it's price and say it's just cheaper to make your own.

https://www.amazon.com/INTRA-MD-PERI-workout-Formulated-Prime-Nutrition/dp/B00PWYPMC0?th=1

Quoted:

I just use koolaid for its insulin spiking abilities and flavor. Highly anabolic.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was watching some videos with Christian Anto and he mentioned he likes to drink a product during workouts called Intra-MD. I have no personal experience with it but most peeps on the intrawebs say it's a combo of the highly branched cyclic detrin and essential amino acids (eaa's).

I have some on order and will be making my own sort of pre-workout, intra workout drink.

Some statements indicate that it does allow them to train harder and with more energy.

Here is a link to the original product. Most complain about it's price and say it's just cheaper to make your own.

https://www.amazon.com/INTRA-MD-PERI-workout-Formulated-Prime-Nutrition/dp/B00PWYPMC0?th=1

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Interested to see more info on this when your stuff comes in. At about $1/serving it's rather expensive, by comparison.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Need to add pseudoephedrine and aspirin.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Need to add pseudoephedrine and aspirin.
View Quote

Aspirin is catabolic. No thanks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#9]

TrueNutrition is the shit! GREAT company
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately, Intra-MD just got called out for failing testing and not having what they label says it has. Might want to return yours and go with a TrueNutrition product
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I never purchased it. Too expensive. Yeah, saw all the BS about the testing. Mixing my own.

Quoted:

Unfortunately, Intra-MD just got called out for failing testing and not having what they label says it has. Might want to return yours and go with a TrueNutrition product
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Just coffee
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Dude the stuff I made tastes so bad this isn't a bad option
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:18:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

yeah i whipped up some arginine/caffeine mix and it worked out pretty well for me.  went back to the NOxplode just because its that awesome.

but alas, pretty sure Im done with all preworkouts - seems like for some reason i sleep much much better w/o it.  even though i take it at 7am before lifting.   over the past 8 years ive cycled the NOxplode religiously, and its always delivered the pumps but this last off cycle im on now, i just sleep so much better and im old enough now the sleep is worth more to me.  will def miss it tho.  good luck op.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top