Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2016 3:26:37 PM EDT
So been taking a lot of piss test for jobs and going and talking to the people who give you the test is interesting! You can learn a lot from them.

Like I found out that you need to watch what your eating! There are a lot of healthy snack food out there that have hemp in it! We all know it is legal but your piss test might say your doing weed! I was told this by one of the testing places guess the military has kicked people out because of it " Per the Air Force guy" so just be careful what your eating! A lot of the Kind health bars you can find at Walmart have hemp in it also seems like it's being used a lot more in health food. Just a FYI
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Many tests will show positive even on a "negligible" presence.  Eat a poppy seed muffin and take an opiates test - it'll show positive. Only a more expensive quantitative test will indicate that the presence was a trace amount not linked to illegal use.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Many tests will show positive even on a "negligible" presence.  Eat a poppy seed muffin and take an opiates test - it'll show positive. Only a more expensive quantitative test will indicate that the presence was a trace amount not linked to illegal use.
View Quote

I had this exact thing happen to me.  Ate a poppy seed muffin got pulled for a random drug test on a job site.  Me and one other person failed the test.  We argued it and the company said they will send it out for a quantitative test and it came back as trace amount to small to be linked to illegal use.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had this exact thing happen to me.  Ate a poppy seed muffin got pulled for a random drug test on a job site.  Me and one other person failed the test.  We argued it and the company said they will send it out for a quantitative test and it came back as trace amount to small to be linked to illegal use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always thought this was an urban myth. Crazy!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can confirm. I have also popped positive for opiates from eating poppyseed bread.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:43:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding... that's what I always thought too.

I picked up a few of those Kind bars this week to try, LOL.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit; I did to.  I need to take a look at the ingredients in the kind bars as someone above mentioned they contained hemp seeds.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty sure you won't test positive for THC by eating hemp as they test for the byproduct of metabolized THC.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pretty sure you won't test positive for THC by eating hemp as they test for the byproduct of metabolized THC.
View Quote

When I tested for the Air Force they had flyers all over the place about this they went so far to make sure the PX does not sell anything with hemp in it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:23:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can confirm. I have also popped positive for opiates from eating poppyseed bread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mythbusters did it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top