Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Aesthetics is all about the lighting
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Earlier this week I observed a man roll his shirt up past his nipples and strut around the gym for ten minutes, cell phone in hand. He was trying to find the perfect angle for an abs selfie.

Aesthetics is all about the lighting

Everyone knows this.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Parakeets.  They are all about the mirrors.

I watched a guy walk around and fondle his own breasts for the better part of an hour.  Pull the shirt up, fondle in the mirror.  Pull the shirt (oversized tank top) down, watch his own moobs.  Side-boob fondle through the tank-top.  Repeat....  I called him mammary man.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#4]
­­­­­
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me paint a picture.

Two women approach the squat rack. One looks like a librarian while the other is a chubby Elijah Woods. They try to figure out where to adjust the bar height to. It takes 3 attempts. Then they spend the next 5 minutes discussing how much weight to put on the bar. They eventually load 155 using 25s and a bunch of 10s. Elijah steps up to the bar, wearing the cushiest shoes I've ever seen. She barely manages to unrack it and wobbily walks it out 10 feet. Then, she proceeds to do slight knee bends as Librarian records video on her phone.

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let me paint a picture.

Two women approach the squat rack. One looks like a librarian while the other is a chubby Elijah Woods. They try to figure out where to adjust the bar height to. It takes 3 attempts. Then they spend the next 5 minutes discussing how much weight to put on the bar. They eventually load 155 using 25s and a bunch of 10s. Elijah steps up to the bar, wearing the cushiest shoes I've ever seen. She barely manages to unrack it and wobbily walks it out 10 feet. Then, she proceeds to do slight knee bends as Librarian records video on her phone.

View Quote

That's hot.

Should have tried for the 3 way.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]
My friend and workout partner is female and fit as hell.

My pet peeve is dudes that won't leave her alone. Up to, and including chubby dudes without visible muscle tone trying to offer her fitness advice.

My favorite thing is when dudes get butt-hurt because she lifts heavier weight than them. Followed closely by dudes who injure themselves trying to impress her.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Let me paint a picture.

View Quote

This one doesn't bother me as much because at least they are trying. 2-3 things piss me off

1) Roided out dudes who act like the own the place because the lift more/ usually cross references with the Loud guys
2) The bro's that come and stand around a bench/machine with multiple weights and take 30 min for one exercises cause they are all bro talking
3ish) The dudes who take the time to match their tank top, hat, headphones, shorts, socks, shoes, gym bag and whatever other cool accessory they take with them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#9]
People that do circuits and take up half of the equipment at once really grind my fucking gears

Everything at my gym sucks. The only reason I go there is because it's 3 blocks from my house. It's small, the equipment is banged up and mismatched, there's no room, no good looking girls and they keep raising the price. Time to find somewhere else to go.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#10]
there's this one asshole that smokes an ecig in my gym, always reaches for the same equipment as me right as i am going for it, always finishes off the last of my c4 criticizes my form meanwhile his form sucks and he can't lift shit. He's also and ugly weak pussy ass mother fucker.

One of these days I'll stop working out alone at home and go to a gym
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
People that do circuits and take up half of the equipment at once really grind my fucking gears

Everything at my gym sucks. The only reason I go there is because it's 3 blocks from my house. It's small, the equipment is banged up and mismatched, there's no room, no good looking girls and they keep raising the price. Time to find somewhere else to go.
View Quote

I do circuits

But I go to Golds so lots of quality equipment
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I do circuits

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do circuits

Which Golds?  If it's the one on Briargate, everybody in your gym hates you.

We all talk about, and have come to that consensus.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do circuits

There's a shit wind a blowing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do circuits

Not close lol. Wrong side of the state. And I normally keep to myself in the functional training room
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 2:15:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not close lol. Wrong side of the state. And I normally keep to myself in the functional training room
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do circuits

That's very thoughtful of you.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do circuits

Hey, I am here for you!
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I do a circuit also but it's all in the squat rack.  Pause squats, no-lockout squats, 10-rep squats, 3x5 squats....  

Some days I mix it up with barbell rows, deads (done in front of the rack because there isn't room anywhere else.  I don't think anyone else does them), barbell curls, barbell reverse curls, barbell slow curls, selfies + curls, flexing + selfie at the rack...

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#18]
New bitch! If you're going to shit all over the toilet seat, at least fucking clean up after yourself
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Earlier this week I observed a man roll his shirt up past his nipples and strut around the gym for ten minutes, cell phone in hand. He was trying to find the perfect angle for an abs selfie.
View Quote

Should have complimented him on his nice tits and asked how long he's been a tranny
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive noticed most people dont squat or deadlift at the gym. Its pretty much bench, curls and other bullshit accessory stuff.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ive noticed most people dont squat or deadlift at the gym. Its pretty much bench, curls and other bullshit accessory stuff.
View Quote

I do squats everyday
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 3:36:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I do squats everyday
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do squats everyday

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do squats everyday

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/high_five_archer.gif

Legs carry the wolf right?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
70 year old dude standing around naked in the locker room.

I went and took a piss then washed my hands and you are still standing there naked.  put that shit away!
I finish changing and now you are just now obnoxiously putting on socks?  Of all the articles of clothing to put on first, you chose socks?
View Quote

This.  Why is it that the oldest person on the planet is walking around the locker room naked.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I hate people that do circuits I think that they are inconsiderate
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do circuits

Interesting I live on the North/East side of Colorado Springs right now.

I actually made friends with my gym nemesis. He doesn't bother me as much anymore. He's actually pretty funny. Yeah he still is 'tarded with some of his lifts, but who cares?
I also found out he's a 47 Y/O grandpa.

New gym pet peeve. They are too cheap to run the A/C. I was sweating like a MOFO doing my HIIT training yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think bench, curls and accessory stuff is pretty important.  In my short time around strongman training, the biggest weakness I've seen which will take people down is bicep strength.  It's actually important for functional strength and is usually the first thing to tear under heavy loads.  Bench press, especially close grip, is vital to overhead pressing strength and strong triceps, which in turn help build overhead pressing strength.  That doesn't mean a beginner should concentrate on these things.  But they should be done in additional to all the compound stuff, IMO, if there is time.  And of course there should be time, unless you don't lift.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think bench, curls and accessory stuff is pretty important.  In my short time around strongman training, the biggest weakness I've seen which will take people down is bicep strength.  It's actually important for functional strength and is usually the first thing to tear under heavy loads.  Bench press, especially close grip, is vital to overhead pressing strength and strong triceps, which in turn help build overhead pressing strength.  That doesn't mean a beginner should concentrate on these things.  But they should be done in additional to all the compound stuff, IMO, if there is time.  And of course there should be time, unless you don't lift.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leeleelawlaw!!  I can't hear you!

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

In what world is bench press an accessory exercise? I have seen a lot of imbalanced workout routines, but bicep curls and bench press both have their place in a great workout program.

I have seen a few "skips leg day" guys, I've also talked to some people who do the leg press but won't do squats because it's "too hard on the knees".

There's a guy at our gym who does incline presses with dumbbells. He won't do flat bench with dumbbells. He won't do overheads with dumbbells. He saw me doing standing overhead press (barbell) in the power rack and he was like "bro why do you do that it looks easy?" and also "sitting in the chair is the same thing" (IE seated overhead press).  I invited him to try this "easy" exercise for himself and he declined. It's like he's stuck on 4-5 exercises and that's all he does. Don't be that guy.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In what world is bench press an accessory exercise? I have seen a lot of imbalanced workout routines, but bicep curls and bench press both have their place in a great workout program.

I have seen a few "skips leg day" guys, I've also talked to some people who do the leg press but won't do squats because it's "too hard on the knees".

There's a guy at our gym who does incline presses with dumbbells. He won't do flat bench with dumbbells. He won't do overheads with dumbbells. He saw me doing standing overhead press (barbell) in the power rack and he was like "bro why do you do that it looks easy?" and also "sitting in the chair is the same thing" (IE seated overhead press).  I invited him to try this "easy" exercise for himself and he declined. It's like he's stuck on 4-5 exercises and that's all he does. Don't be that guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I look forward to the OHP all week long.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I wish I could do ohp but my ceiling is only about 4" taller than I am.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I could do ohp but my ceiling is only about 4" taller than I am.

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me too! I am supposed to attempt to max tomorrow, can't wait to see how that goes! Did 155 x 6 last week!
My calculated max is 185 ish but I've been doing great, and I think I've done 185 already...dunno if I will try for 190 or 195.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm always smoked after OHP. Like I feel most tired after deadlifts, 2nd most tired after OHP, and 3rd most tired after squats.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Me too! I am supposed to attempt to max tomorrow, can't wait to see how that goes! Did 155 x 6 last week!
My calculated max is 185 ish but I've been doing great, and I think I've done 185 already...dunno if I will try for 190 or 195.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that I am still a noob but god damn, I can't even fathom doing 195 on ohp.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#35]
190- done. 195, failed at about 4".
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 1:15:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
190- done. 195, failed at about 4".
View Quote

Happens to  the best of us.  I fail at least one lift every day.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top