Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2016 5:28:22 PM EDT
Ever since I've started to run again this season, my feet start to go numb when I get to the 2-3 mile mark. I've tried different shoes. I've tried loosening my laces. Nothing has helped. I'm currently running in Brooks Pureflows, but when I tried my old Asics it happens as well. If I stop to rest I'll get feeling back. It feels similar to when you lay on your arm in bed, so it makes me think it's a blood flow problem? This happens to both feet.....but it's worse in my right foot.

I'm not new to running, as I run multiple mud runs/year. In the summer I'll run about 15-20 miles/week but this has never happened before.

Help!
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Free medical advice from a lawyer.  Could be sick veins in your legs.  That is a thing.  Happened to someone I know, and she had to have vein surgery to fix it.  Try wearing a compression sock and see if it still does it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Free medical advice from a lawyer.  Could be sick veins in your legs.  That is a thing.  Happened to someone I know, and she had to have vein surgery to fix it.  Try wearing a compression sock and see if it still does it.
View Quote

Interesting.

I'll do some research and see what the heck that is. I'll also try compression socks. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#3]
my feet go numb running also.
Thought that was normal.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried 2E wide shoes?

Also, lacing like this could help

link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top