Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2016 2:22:05 AM EDT
For those who lift weights to get better at lifting weights, what would you want in an online training journal? I have one very near completion that is for a specific training system, once it is done I plan  to modify it to work with any training systems. It is awesome, and will be awesomer, but what I want to know is what would you expect to see in an app or website that you would pay money for? Whether you think it is a basic thing, or extremely advanced, I want to hear about it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Easy transition to previous efforts.  Estimations of 1 rep max based on other reps.  Navigable format that when you think you are about to hurl you can still get to the proper screen....

Honestly the app bodybuilding.com has is pretty sweet but I'm always open to new things.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#2]
For apps I've used a notebook app, the Wendler 5/3/1 app which did a good job of logging lifts and tracking one rep max, but didn't interface with my computer so when I changed phones I lost it.  I'm now just starting to use sugarwod which is intended for crossfitter but does a really good job of tracking barbell lifts and maxes.  I don't think it can be saved on a computer either though, but I'm not sure.

For my kids I wrote a spreadsheet to help me track them while I'm out of town.  It's basically a stronglifts type 5x5 program with just basic compound lifts, but I added an AMRAP for the last set to help me scale their increases.  If they are getting 12 reps on the AMRAP I know I've set them up to increase too slow, or if they only get one or two (or don't even make it to that 5th AMRAP set) I know I need to scale them back.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top