Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2016 10:47:15 AM EDT
I am looking for something so I can listen to MP3s and track my run. My current MP3 player crapped out on me last night. I currently use an older Nike Plus band to track my runs. Is there something similar out there that will do both? It doesn't have to be a band. I am looking for something that will track my run, preferably off of the Nike Plus pod or by strides as long as it is accurate. Bluetooth capability would be a plus so I could use some bluetooth headphones. I like the idea of the GPS watches, but honestly I wouldn't use it enough outside of running to justify the cost.

I am not totally against using my phone since I know it will do all of the things I want it to do. I am not sure how accurate it would be measuring stride with it strapped to my arm. I could use a GPS based running app and be accurate as well. I keep my phone in a Magpul case, so anything that would strap the phone to my arm for running would be pretty dang big and I am not sure if I would like that or not. I may give it a shot, but I would like to hear what you guys are using for running.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I use my phone when I am tracking. I put it in a light backpack. I hate the arm thing.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The only downside to the phone thing is that I run on a treadmill half of the time. I can use my Nike Plus to track my runs that way I guess.

I have been looking at options and it looks like the easiest way to do what I want to do would be with an ipod, my Nike Plus pod for my shoe, and bluetooth headphones. I just hate to get on the Apple bandwagon. I may end up having to do that to avoid having several different devices.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't a treadmill already tell you how far you have gone and have a HRM?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha, yes it does. I just like a way to log the details online like with Nike Plus or something similar. Most of the fitness trackers will sync with your online account with all of the run details. I have first world problems.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ha, yes it does. I just like a way to log the details online like with Nike Plus or something similar. Most of the fitness trackers will sync with your online account with all of the run details. I have first world problems.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, I'm just going to do some curls now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top