185x10
205x7
215x7
225x5
235x5
245x5

Total:  1850+1435+1505+1125+1175+1225  = 8,315#
View Quote

I don't have a box. I'll try 2.1 tonight with the kid.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I took last week off and just finished chest
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey, it's a bro challenge.  

155 is good man, that's tough to complete the step ups.  

I got 205.  Just barely.  

Or we can go with 2.2.  In your wheelhouse Rex.  It's a beast.

For time:
15 Power Cleans
15 Push Jerks
12 Power Cleans
12 Push Jerks
9 Power Cleans
9 Push Jerks
Men: 155 lbs.
Women: 105 lbs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two bench presses out of 3 workouts? :-p

At least he doesn't expect us to wear our wives nylons on our arms and do 40 bro curls or something

Did you try 2.0?  I didn't think it was too bad, but getting the bar on my back ain't easy.  I'll do 185 in the morning then see about 200 after that.

I got 205.  Just barely.  

Or we can go with 2.2.  In your wheelhouse Rex.  It's a beast.

For time:
15 Power Cleans
15 Push Jerks
12 Power Cleans
12 Push Jerks
9 Power Cleans
9 Push Jerks

Tried 2.0 again today at 185.  Got under the bar easy enough, squats went ok but I was shaking pretty bad after lunges and the step looked a mile high.  205 is a monster lift on that, kudos.  I going to feel this one for a while.

I'll stick with my 155, I probably could have gotten 165 or 170, but I shot too high.

Getting a lot better at putting the bar on my back from the floor though.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I got 205.  Just barely.  

For time:

15 Power Cleans

15 Push Jerks

12 Power Cleans

12 Push Jerks

9 Power Cleans

9 Push Jerks

View Quote
I'll do this tonight for sure. I might try 2.0 after, but I think the lunges would be the hardest.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll do this tonight for sure. I might try 2.0 after, but I think the lunges would be the hardest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got 205.  Just barely.  

For time:
15 Power Cleans
15 Push Jerks
12 Power Cleans
12 Push Jerks
9 Power Cleans
9 Push Jerks

Nope those and the back squats are just to fuck with you.  The step ups is where shit gets real.

I haven't done that clean and jerk workout yet.  But one of my workout partners did it in like 7:20 something.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I guess there were no takers on wow 2.  

How about a 2.1?

Incline Bench

6 sets.  2:00 rest between sets

Rep Scheme:

Set 1:  10
Set 2:  7
Set 3:  7
Set 4:  5
Set 5:  5
Set 6:  5

Score is total pounds lifted.

I went

185x10
205x7
215x7
225x5
235x5
245x5

View Quote

225x10
275x7
275x7
275x5
275x5
275x5
Total 10,225lbs

I worked in that rep scheme in the middle of my bench session tonight. Hit some good volume afterwards at 2 plates, really focusing on my pecs, got a good pump. I wish I was this fresh for the first wow.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

225x10
275x7
275x7
275x5
275x5
275x5
Total 10,225lbs

I worked in that rep scheme in the middle of my bench session tonight. Hit some good volume afterwards at 2 plates, really focusing on my pecs, got a good pump. I wish I was this fresh for the first wow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about a 2.1?

Incline Bench

Rep Scheme:

I went

185x10
205x7
215x7
225x5
235x5
245x5

225x10
275x7
275x7
275x5
275x5
275x5
Total 10,225lbs

Damn man.  That's a beastly incline.  Right now, you're first and I'm last.  But on the other hand, I'm in second place.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Damn man.  That's a beastly incline.  Right now, you're first and I'm last.  But on the other hand, I'm in second place.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about a 2.1?

Incline Bench

Rep Scheme:

I went

185x10
205x7
215x7
225x5
235x5
245x5

225x10
275x7
275x7
275x5
275x5
275x5
Total 10,225lbs

Haha thanks well... I may have mostly only done chest and back workouts for a few years when I was younger and dumber... And then also after I broke my pelvis when I was a bit of a bitch about pushing myself to work anything other than bench press(I like bench press if you couldn't tell).
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#9]
WOW 3 - Partial Squats w/ No Lockout - 20 reps

Ok, I did this today if anyone wants to try it.  It sucks.

3 sets of 20, starting out light to warmup to a challenging weight.

These are continuous, no lock out squats.  You go down to parallel, and then come right back up, but you don't lock out at the top.  Keep constant tension and knock them out like a piston.  No rest until you get through the 20.  Score is heaviest completed set.

I went 135, 225, 285.  The last one sucked.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

These are continuous, no lock out squats.  You go down to parallel, and then come right back up, but you don't lock out at the top.  Keep constant tension and knock them out like a piston.  No rest until you get through the 20.  Score is heaviest completed set.

View Quote

I did squats yesterday. My number would be sad anyway though.

We burned out at the end with AMRAP 95# then 135#
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I interest you in some high performance preworkout?

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eye r read pre form
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nope those and the back squats are just to fuck with you.  The step ups is where shit gets real.

I haven't done that clean and jerk workout yet.  But one of my workout partners did it in like 7:20 something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got 205.  Just barely.  

For time:
15 Power Cleans
15 Push Jerks
12 Power Cleans
12 Push Jerks
9 Power Cleans
9 Push Jerks

Ever done DT?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can see why 285 would suck. I'll try giving it a shot this week when I squat. Not sure if I'll be able to really get the reps in though. My hip has been bugging me lately, might be something to do with the weather. Three or four weeks ago I did no lock out Anderson squats, got a crazy pump in my quads.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ever done DT?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got 205.  Just barely.  

For time:
15 Power Cleans
15 Push Jerks
12 Power Cleans
12 Push Jerks
9 Power Cleans
9 Push Jerks

Ever done DT?

Yeah, but it's been a good year and a half ago or so.  That would be a good one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#16]
WOW 3 actually kinda sucks.  I did 135 for my warmup just to see how it feels and by 16 or 17 my legs were really burning.  Not going to try heavier weight on that today because I want to get other things done, but pretty surprising how hard it was.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
WOW 3 actually kinda sucks.  I did 135 for my warmup just to see how it feels and by 16 or 17 my legs were really burning.  Not going to try heavier weight on that today because I want to get other things done, but pretty surprising how hard it was.

View Quote

Yeah, 20 reps of anything will suck if you aren't accustomed to that many reps. 20 no lock out reps are going to feel extra terrible because of time under tension. So it is like twice the reps and 4 times the time under tension. Brutal.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I squatted on Thursday and incorporated these as I was working down in weight. I was wearing shoes so counting past ten isn't so easy but I'm pretty sure I didn't get the reps at 3 plates but most likely did at 275 and definitely did at 225. I was going for a gnarly quad pump so I was focused on that rather than counting. Mission accomplished. So I don't think it would be right to submit an actual score.

My hip is still giving me problems which is upsetting. It hasn't acted up at all since last March and I think I got spoiled being pain free for the first time in 10 years. So squats are sucking right now. I can't push them to hard until my hip gets unfucked. My knees do weird things to compensate and I don't want to fuck up more things than I need. Luckily the weather is warming up so hopefully that fixes it.

What's on the schedule this week? Something with deadlifts???
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I want to play, but my shoulder is not happy right now. Chiropractor gets back from vacation today.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So I squatted on Thursday and incorporated these as I was working down in weight. I was wearing shoes so counting past ten isn't so easy but I'm pretty sure I didn't get the reps at 3 plates but most likely did at 275 and definitely did at 225. I was going for a gnarly quad pump so I was focused on that rather than counting. Mission accomplished. So I don't think it would be right to submit an actual score.

My hip is still giving me problems which is upsetting. It hasn't acted up at all since last March and I think I got spoiled being pain free for the first time in 10 years. So squats are sucking right now. I can't push them to hard until my hip gets unfucked. My knees do weird things to compensate and I don't want to fuck up more things than I need. Luckily the weather is warming up so hopefully that fixes it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know man, someone propose something.  My choices have been pretty unpopular.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't know man, someone propose something.  My choices have been pretty unpopular.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe something supersetted with deadlifts for reps. Like max rep deadlifts in one minute followed by max reps pushups/dips/burpees in one minute followed by 2 minute rest then repeat it two more times. For the deadlift weight maybe set it at the individuals bodyweight or estimated lean body mass. That seems like it would have an adequate fun to suck ratio.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Maybe something supersetted with deadlifts for reps. Like max rep deadlifts in one minute followed by max reps pushups/dips/burpees in one minute followed by 2 minute rest then repeat it two more times. For the deadlift weight maybe set it at the individuals bodyweight or estimated lean body mass. That seems like it would have an adequate fun to suck ratio.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about 10,000?

It's equipment prohibitive.........unless you don't mind being that guy talking up 3 bars and all the weight.

Timed, 1 squat, 1 press, 1 deadlift = 1 round.  You choose your weight for each movement, however many rounds needed to lift 10,000lbs.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How about 10,000?

It's equipment prohibitive.........unless you don't mind being that guy talking up 3 bars and all the weight.

Timed, 1 squat, 1 press, 1 deadlift = 1 round.  You choose your weight for each movement, however many rounds needed to lift 10,000lbs.
View Quote

That's pretty sick.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's pretty sick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about 10,000?

That's pretty sick.

That sounds awful.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That sounds awful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about 10,000?

That's pretty sick.

That sounds awful.

Lots of room for strategery.  LIght weight for reps, or heavy weight for less?
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about 10,000?

That's pretty sick.

That sounds awful.

I can't do it anyway. I only have one bar.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about 10,000?

That's pretty sick.

That sounds awful.

You can do it.  It just adds another dimension to the workout.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's pretty sick.

That sounds awful.

How about pick a single weight, do squats, deads, press/bench with that weight till you hit 10k?  then a guy could press it off the rack till he's blown up, squat it till he's blown up, drop it on the floor and deadlift it till he's blown up and either clean and reset for another round or strip the bar and reset...  

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That sounds awful.

View Quote

Hope you got a monster press KaiK, cause loading and unloading plates gonna eat up the clock.    Or just load up 135 and move that fucker, fast.

It was awhile ago, but here's a par time.
   Squat - 225
   Press - 115
   Dead - 275
   16 Rounds + 1 squat (10,0065lbs)
    22:15

I'll give it another whirl today or tomorrow.

EDIT:  Preparing to get smoked by a couple of you beasts that'll probably go sub 10 minutes, or just do it all in like 4 rounds.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm scheduled to do this on Thursday:

Deadlift.  1 rep every 30 seconds for 15 minutes, for a total of 30 reps.  Use around 80% of most recent heavy triple.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How about pick a single weight, do squats, deads, press/bench with that weight till you hit 10k?  then a guy could press it off the rack till he's blown up, squat it till he's blown up, drop it on the floor and deadlift it till he's blown up and either clean and reset for another round or strip the bar and reset...  

View Quote

So much math.

And I really need a break from squats.

I did heavy squats on Saturday and Monday. And clean practice pretty much everyday.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So much math.

I did heavy squats on Saturday and Monday. And clean practice pretty much everyday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much math.

I hear you.  I've got almost $4K in expenses that don't jive so I've spent all day pulling my hair out trying to get reimbursed, and I don't even know how much I should get yet...  Maths are hard.

Squats too.  I'm doing 315 3x5 on mondays, wednesdays and fridays (or saturday) while I work on high intensity and light snatches afterwards pretty much 5 days a week.  Legs are about done being sore though, after a while on that Hatch squat program it seemed to quit hurting and just feel fine, I'm almost there again.

Tried double unders for the first time yesterday, nailed it.  A few days of practice and I'll be able to just keep going on them, right now I get tripped up after three in a row.

Oh, and the WOW maths are easy.  10K / barbell weight = reps.  Get that many reps on whatever lifts you want.  Use a stopwatch.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I hear you.  I've got almost $4K in expenses that don't jive so I've spent all day pulling my hair out trying to get reimbursed, and I don't even know how much I should get yet...  Maths are hard.

Squats too.  I'm doing 315 3x5 on mondays, wednesdays and fridays (or saturday) while I work on high intensity and light snatches afterwards pretty much 5 days a week.  Legs are about done being sore though, after a while on that Hatch squat program it seemed to quit hurting and just feel fine, I'm almost there again.

Tried double unders for the first time yesterday, nailed it.  A few days of practice and I'll be able to just keep going on them, right now I get tripped up after three in a row.

Oh, and the WOW maths are easy.  10K / barbell weight = reps.  Get that many reps on whatever lifts you want.  Use a stopwatch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much math.

Yeah i have to keep track of that. My short term memory is awful.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I like the idea of 10000. Would it be total time to lift 10000#? Swap bars or what?

I'd probably do 95# presses on the girl bar, then 300 each on the deads and squats.

That's...15 rounds, I think? Easymode.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I like the idea of 10000. Would it be total time to lift 10000#? Swap bars or what?

I'd probably do 95# presses on the girl bar, then 300 each on the deads and squats.

View Quote

Or up the weights for 10 rounds.  

385 squat
390 dead
225 bench
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

385 squat
390 dead
225 bench
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

385 squat
390 dead
225 bench

I like the idea of doing bench instead of OHP. Instead of rounds could we do something like 1 set of each lift for total poundage. Each set limited to a minute(so you can't just do the bar for a thousand reps over the course of an hour per set). Maybe 3 rounds? Then add up all the weight. Or am I way out of line?

I just don't have the ability at home to do 1 rep then switch the bar over for each exercise and the gym I go to is too busy for that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

385 squat

390 dead

225 bench
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

385 squat

390 dead

225 bench
Eh. I think that would be difficult. 15 rounds would probably be faster, tbh. Unless we have forced rest.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I like the idea of doing bench instead of OHP. Instead of rounds could we do something like 1 set of each lift for total poundage. Each set limited to a minute(so you can't just do the bar for a thousand reps over the course of an hour per set). Maybe 3 rounds? Then add up all the weight. Or am I way out of line?

I just don't have the ability at home to do 1 rep then switch the bar over for each exercise and the gym I go to is too busy for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

385 squat
390 dead
225 bench

Oh, crap.  My mind surreptitiously replaced press w/ bench press.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#39]
10,000 lbs

Have to get my log out of my gym bag, but did it when it appeared on the CF Football WOD.  Did 20 rounds, 500# total each round, 12 mins and some change.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Has the 10,000 lb workout been settled on? Whatever rep scheme and weight we want, or 1 rep of each has to be completed before going on to the next movement?
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Has the 10,000 lb workout been settled on? Whatever rep scheme and weight we want, or 1 rep of each has to be completed before going on to the next movement?
View Quote

I say we do it.  You choose your weight.  But rep scheme has to be only one rep of each per round.

All in favor say aye?

Did this this morning.  It was a beast.

20 min EMOM.  Change every minute.

15 cal row
4 atlas stone to shoulder, alternating 105#
40 feet sandbag lunges, zercher carry 90#
60 feet farmer's carry 135# per hand
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I say we do it.  You choose your weight.  But rep scheme has to be only one rep of each per round.

All in favor say aye?

15 cal row

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All in favor say aye?

15 cal row

1 rep of each (OHP, Squat, Dead) per round, is there forced rest or no?

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All in favor say aye?

15 cal row

If rest is forced, then it's going to be hard to compete for time.  Which would make it hard to measure broability.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
If rest is forced, then it's going to be hard to compete for time.  Which would make it hard to measure broability.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All in favor say aye?

15 cal row

Didn't know if we were going for total rounds or rounds & time.

Total rounds is easiest to measure brute bro-status, time is probably a better measure of fitness but it's going to mean lighter weights.

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Total rounds is easiest to measure brute bro-status, time is probably a better measure of fitness but it's going to mean lighter weights.  
View Quote

This was similar to a strongmanwod I found.  Holy shit:

“Rhodzilla”

For time —

RX — Lift 36,000 KG of weights using bench press, back squat, and deadlift

Baby — Lift 25,000 KG of weights using bench press, back squat, and deadlift

You pick the weight for each lift and you can only do 1 rep of each movement at a time

90 rounds of the following —

1 bench @ 225

1 squat @ 265

1 deadlift @ 395

Rob’s time — 93:53

So that's like what, 80k pounds?  

Maybe we should up the poundage just a little.  Or make it the bro challenge to end all bro challenges.  Call it Kaikzilla or something.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All in favor say aye?

15 cal row

So I'm about to do this-
for time, one rep each
135lb OHP
315lb squat
350 dead

I'll need to do 12 full sets plus the press and squat a 13th time.

Headed out the door now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

“Rhodzilla”

For time —

You pick the weight for each lift and you can only do 1 rep of each movement at a time

1 bench @ 225

1 squat @ 265

1 deadlift @ 395

Maybe we should up the poundage just a little.  Or make it the bro challenge to end all bro challenges.  Call it Kaikzilla or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Rhodzilla”

For time —

1 bench @ 225

1 squat @ 265

1 deadlift @ 395

I almost activated my medical alert bracelet just reading that.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Multiple barbells allowed?
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Multiple barbells allowed?
View Quote

Yes.  Ok, we'll just stick with it as scw is doing.

WOW - 4 - Mousezilla

1 Press
1 Squat
1 DL

Lift 10,000 pounds for time.  No forced rest.  You pick the weight for each lift and the order of movements.  Multiple BBs allowed.  Only 1 rep of a movement at a time.

Brosults:

spyderboy03:   7:10
SCW:              21:23
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I hope so, I used all three remaining barbells and most of the plates.

21:23.  Squats were the easiest, deadlift the hardest.  Ended about 150lbs over.

Edit-  mousezilla?  Yikes.  That mouse workout was pretty beastly, I don't think I want to grow up.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top