Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2015 5:22:01 PM EDT
Few weeks back got a small what felt like a muscle pull/strain on a deadlift, I basically stopped any hard work on that area that night, and was able to do another weeks worth of work lighter, but it still didn't feel right.   Fearing a hernia (though I couldn't feel anything like that myself) I did go get it checked out and doc checked around and says no hernia.  

I am taking off the recommended month of workout time (was going to be a time stretch anyway with other commitments) and it is feeling good, no time until Dec though.

Just seeing if anyone else had ever done this?  its on the way lower part of your groin/abdomen "bottom of the vee" and I think I narrowed it down to just one rep of broke down technique.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:03:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I've strained a groin muscle while doing deadlifts. Just wait for it to get a bit better and go back into it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've strained a groin muscle while doing deadlifts. Just wait for it to get a bit better and go back into it.
View Quote

I've done it a couple times as well.  At first I thought it could have been a hernia too...
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like I'm not the only one, good to know, thanks yall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top