Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2015 4:51:48 PM EDT
Ive been going to a local hometown gym 3 blocks from my house for the past year and a half. Its ok, open 24/7, decent people and close to my house. Equipment is always broken that they take forever to fix , and theres limited shit there anyway. Sounds like its time to go elsewhere.

Theres a golds gym not far from my work but its $10 more a month,youre in a 12 month contract thats expensive to get out from, limited hours and A LOT busier but more equipment, classes that are included into the membership fees, and a lot more women from what Ive seen. Is it time to jump ship and go somewhere else? Anyone else get bored and change things up?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you single? Change gyms. Are you married and want to stay that way? Build a home gym.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm doing the same thing at the end of the month. Current gym is only 5 minutes from the house and the other one is 20. Current gym has plates that range from 44lbs-48lbs, machines are held together with alot of afro engineering, half the time the water fountain leaks and is not in service. Cost me $45 a month were the new one costs $50 for both me and the wife.

And since Click brought it up, much better looking women to look at. Yes I'm married but I like looking at the pretty women who care about their appearance.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
What type of equipment are you using that breaks so often?

Bars and squat racks are pretty tough to break...
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
In my case the cable machine and yes the bars. The owner buys crap bars that tend to bend with anything over 350 or so. On the cable machine, owner gets crap tensile rated cable instead of the proper strength cable.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I love the MILFS in my gym.

Any given time I'm working out there's at least 5 women I desperately want to bang.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm with the metal-head.

The rack, the bench press and some floor space is really all I use.  Even the rusty and 40 year old equipment I found in a beat up old gym with half the lights out and floor torn up had functional rack, bars (albeit bent) and plates (albeit rusty).

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a member of the ymca...  Some are damn good... Even for real lifting.... I even have a kickass home gym... And still go...

Look into them. Mine has like 5 branches that I can go to.

I do accessory day lifts there because of all the machines.... Oh... And swim. Mainly swim, and use the treadmills when the running trails aren't cleared I winter...

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Any given time I'm working out there's at least 5 women I desperately want to bang.

View Quote

Town?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Town?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Town?

Yes, where?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish I had space at home for a gym. Id rather look at my wife.

I make due looking at others at my golds but my wife lifts with me half the time.

"no I wasnt stareing, i was just thinking your ass is so much better. I just had to see hers to compare"
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wish I had space at home for a gym. Id rather look at my wife.

I make due looking at others at my golds but my wife lifts with me half the time.

"no I wasnt stareing, i was just thinking your ass is so much better. I just had to see hers to compare"
View Quote

Well played.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Planet fitness is nice if you dont mind the crowd or can go on off hours. $10 a month and their equipment is always top notch, also little for your wife to worry about wondering eyes, as most women their look like they came right from the grazing pasture.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Just build your own home gym.  Rogue offers some good packaging discounts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top