BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You'd be surprised....CF chicks and fit chicks like it.

Oh and I'm not married I don't know what you're talking about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't lie. We all know only other guys are impressed with how much you lift.

And like you I am married. So it doesn't matter what the other woman think.

Yep, I was just leering at a video of RoG squatting over in GD the other day myself.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yep, I was just leering at a video of RoG squatting over in GD the other day myself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife told me just the other day how much she gets turned on when watching me deadlift/lift heavy. But we met on fitness singles . com so maybe she's an anomaly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My wife told me just the other day how much she gets turned on when watching me deadlift/lift heavy. But we met on fitness singles . com so maybe she's an anomaly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My girlfriend is the same way. We met at a bar.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A few things pop out at me..

1. You say how  hard you work in the gym. Im not saying  you're lying but post a video of an average workout. Back or legs would be best. Also, just moving weights is meaningless without a mind/muscle connection

2. You offhandedly brushed off good advice, saying you cant eat breakfast, from one of the most intelligent posters here when it come to this topic. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll look like your current self.

3. You can add muscle and drop fat at the same time. It is very hard and most people cant so they bulk/cut. I would recommend you keep to the latter. If I add 2lbs to my frame I can tell, same as dropping 2%bf you really need to be tuned in.
View Quote

You're repeating things I said and/or agreed with...

1.  It'd pretty much be impossible to "work hard" without a solid mind/muscle connection.  
2.  Yes, I dismissed eating breakfast because I'm not going to try something again just because someone else says it.  I tried it, it makes no positive difference.
3.  I know.  That's kind of the point of this thread; reaffirming my sanity because of how hard doing both is.

Anywho, it's been about 2 weeks on this new super low rep split.  Diet is still floating 2k-2500.  I see/feel a difference.  We'll see how long it lasts, but maybe my body needed something different to shock it.  This low rep stuff is brand new to me.  Mentally it does so much putting up more weight than normal.

You guys have to realize that I'm not dismissing the things being said; I'm playing devils advocate and/or "been there tried that".  I didn't necessarily start this thread looking for advice, I made it to make sure I'm not completely insane

Edit - Whoever said carbs are good.... They're awesome.  I had a piece of cake last night for wife's bday.  I did OHP afterwards and felt like I could throw the bar through the fucking ceiling
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1.  It'd pretty much be impossible to "work hard" without a solid mind/muscle connection.  
View Quote

Lets start with this.

Your wrong. You can work hard without a mind muscle connection but you will not see the same results.

Again, you maybe doing everything right but that statement leads me to believe that you dont understand what the mind/muscle connection is.

Without it you can workout for years and just see mediocre results.

I dont think I can explain it properly. Not that its very complex, i just dont think Im the best person to explain it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
My 2 cents is that you're eating too much.

I'm 5'11, and at the beginning of last summer I was up to 265. I cut all the way down to 162 by April of this year, doing a clean version of keto and mild weight lifting 4 times a week, and 20-25min of HIIT cardio 2-3 times a week. I started lifting heavier and more often in April, and am up to 170 now, and my body composition is much better than it was in April.

You need to be meticulous and account for everything. There is a BBC show called Secret Eaters where people claim to eat X number of calories a day, but when followed around in secret by cameras, they are really eating 2 or 3X. It's on YouTube -- it may be worth watching a few episodes to see if any of their habits seem familiar.

Don't take this as judgmental -- just take it for what it is -- the numbers simply do not add up. I got really meticulous (borderline obsessed? haha) with it and logged very accurately, and everything tracked as expected. My roommate at the time tried getting in shape at the same time, and failed. We both used MFP, and his diary never lined up with what he actually ate.

What is your goal here? To get stronger, or to get lean? If you want to get lean, based on my research and experience, I'd suggest a keto diet that is as close to paleo as you can get. Diet is super important, in both quantity and quality. As others have said, you aren't going to outwork a bad diet.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top