Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2015 1:18:34 AM EDT
but the good news is that it was in the downward direction, woke up this morning and was 299.2 on the scale. started over a year ago at 395 and now im only 4lbs away from having lost 100lbs, did 80 in the kitchen alone with no exercise at all via paleo (kinda a human experiment on food only weight loss), and just recently took up cycling for high intensity low impact cardio. once I hit the 100lb mark im going to join a gym and slowing get back into moderate lifting to help with more weight loss and muscle tone, I had a LBM / 7 site BF% done and at 315 I was 26.2% BF with 232 being a LBM/0% , so I think 250ish with 10%BF seems like a reasonable goal to achieve.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
but the good news is that it was in the downward direction, woke up this morning and was 299.2 on the scale. started over a year ago at 395 and now im only 4lbs away from having lost 100lbs, did 80 in the kitchen alone with no exercise at all via paleo (kinda a human experiment on food only weight loss), and just recently took up cycling for high intensity low impact cardio. once I hit the 100lb mark im going to join a gym and slowing get back into moderate lifting to help with more weight loss and muscle tone, I had a LBM / 7 site BF% done and at 315 I was 26.2% BF with 232 being a LBM/0% , so I think 250ish with 10%BF seems like a reasonable goal to achieve.
View Quote

Congratulations! Healthy body, healthy mind! Keep it up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:44:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I came here to see in which direction you broke 300:  trying gain/lose and on the up/downside.

Congrats and in before you're doing it all wrong and you're told how to lose wight properly.

The additional physical activity will add muscle mass and help counteract the law of diminishing returns (the more you lose, the harder it is to lose).
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations! I know what you're going through. I topped out at 316# a couple of years ago, decided to do something about it, and got down to 295# with the Weight Watchers online program (you keep track of what you're eating and assign caloric values to each serving). More lately I married a woman who is diabetic; her diet makes her count carbohydrated grams, and I'm now down to 280 pounds!

Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Way to go man! keep it up!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you saying that at 315lbs without lifting weights you were 26% body fat?  Are you 8 feet tall?
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are you saying that at 315lbs without lifting weights you were 26% body fat?  Are you 8 feet tall?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6'5
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats I'm getting ready to start chasing you. Was 392 at the dr today. Got to do something
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Congrats I'm getting ready to start chasing you. Was 392 at the dr today. Got to do something
View Quote

if I can do it , so can you, I just hit the 100lb mark today of 295, just know its going to be a long bumpy road with minor setbacks, but hardwork and determination will make you accomplish it, and that its a lifestyle change and not a diet
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Hell yeah dude! keep it up
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Great job, dude! Keep up the good work!

Best part is gonna be in another 50 pounds when you've started lifting and you have that "exFatGuy Strength". It's a small consolation for years of poor health but it's a real thing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top