User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 35
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the gym had a new monster of a rack. It was the Rogue Fitness Infinity. (big big rack). It was nice but A few things I didnt care for on it. No markings on the holes and they were like every 1/2" so it was real hard to tell if you had them even. It also had some plating on it all and it was real slick so the bar could just slide all over the j hooks. Didnt care for that either. Otherwise it was nice.
I worked on bench press the first time there and used a Titan Fitness bench. It was really nice too but when I got home I noticed my back was bruised on both sides. I presume it was from wearing a tank top.
Fun day.
View Quote
Sounds awesome. I get those bruises occasionally too. You should bring a dremel next time to number the holes for them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sounds awesome. I get those bruises occasionally too. You should bring a dremel next time to number the holes for them.
View Quote
Ive never had those! I liked the bench alot. Way nicer than my current freebie.
A dremel would probably fix that right up!
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been thinking of some personal goals for this year. I think instead of x1rm I'll switch gears and try and do thinks like "increase arms x inches" or that kind of thing.
I'll still be pushing for strength but I'd like to focus on growth/size for a bit. The weekly gym visits are still going good. I've just been crushing everything I can. Lats, traps, triceps, biceps, shoulders any machine that's free.

On a bad note. All of my hair is falling out. Extremely bummed about that. :(
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless your name is Samson, having hair is overrated.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
well wife and pulled trigger on gym memberships. we had looked at this one before (anytime fitness) but never joined.
cant wait to get going, i took last week off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
well wife and pulled trigger on gym memberships. we had looked at this one before (anytime fitness) but never joined.
cant wait to get going, i took last week off.
View Quote
Good stuff. The back is feeling ok? Is the wife on a plan or have something she is into fitness wise now?
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good stuff. The back is feeling ok? Is the wife on a plan or have something she is into fitness wise now?
View Quote
back feels fine. my wifes plan is always "I just need to come up with something..."  lol
she been doing weight watchers, which imo is good and bad. gained 2 lbs on it O_o
Luckily the place has an app and coaching and nutrition stuff. Just need to get her in there is all now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

back feels fine. my wifes plan is always "I just need to come up with something..."  lol
she been doing weight watchers, which imo is good and bad. gained 2 lbs on it O_o
Luckily the place has an app and coaching and nutrition stuff. Just need to get her in there is all now.
View Quote
Good luck! Does the gym have classes? Like cycling or “boot camp” or “whatever the hell the soccer moms do while blasting skrillex?” Some people do better in group environments than on their own.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good luck! Does the gym have classes? Like cycling or “boot camp” or “whatever the hell the soccer moms do while blasting skrillex?” Some people do better in group environments than on their own.
View Quote
yeah they do some classes. I still havent gotten to go but tomorrow for sure. :D
I still need to download their app. But I am thinking of buying the full version of vandersoft 5/3/1 and just following one of the routines on there.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Bought the full version of wendler app but lost all my past info. Really sucks. Guess I'm starting over there. Absolutely starving today.

Gym went really well yesterday. Very sore today.
Wife had a good workout with my sister.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
That sucks you lost your history. What program are you runnng?
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That sucks you lost your history. What program are you runnng?
View Quote
The vandersoft one. Bought full version but wanted me to login to back things up and join the arfcom group but when I upgraded the app it was all gone.
Whatever I guess.
I gotta figure out what acc. Work I want to do. The squat rack at the gym is supposedly time limited to 30 min. I think I may just do 2 push pull days each week and call it a day.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok so first report on the new gym. Going very well.
Kinda eased into it coming off the back issue and all but its going really well.
Basically the days are in no particular order:
5/3/1 squat, deadlift, bench, OHP
squat days- leg presses with weight = AMRAP for that day as many reps/sets I can handle, leg extensions, lat pull down (always try and do at least one upper body)
deadlifts- glute machine, two arm barbell rows, row machine, prob toss in some block pulls too.
OHP- shoulder press machine, triceps pull downs, Dips
Bench- Slingshot work, chest press machine, chest fly's, barbell curls and negatives.

calories are around 2,800 to 3,300 just depends on how the day goes. according to MFP 3k calories = 170 ishlbs in 5 weeks. Im 2.5 weeks in and at 166 lbs, up from 161.
So shooting short term for 170 lbs then ill push up from there.
Only issues ive had are my puny wrists are giving me issues. Ill prob have to wrap them for certain things. The bone that feels bad is the ulna. It feels really bruised, especially after any kind of curl or bench press, like the bone is going to splinter/break. Even using an e-z curl bar. There could be some form stuff going on but Im not sure, ill make some tweaks and see what I come up with.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#14]
3rd week in on 5/3/1 since I started at the new gym.
On a big upswing, going to try and keep the momentum going. Kinda liking leg day again, simple but it hurts. Squats, leg presses etc. Not sure if I want to skip deload or not. I feel like recovery is fine.

Had some mess ups with trt. Couldn't get a prescription filled, pharmacy vs dr, lots of finger pointing.

Bench has felt alot better lately, I've been focusing on upper back alot and the bench at the gym is alot wider than mine so I feel like I have alot more to press off of. I expect to push past my 1rm, if I am not able to already, very soon. Actually I'll probably shoot for my last 1rm for 2 and so on.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Hammering it still.
Was talking to a fellow at the gym, super nice guy. Power lifter. Strong as heck. Gonna try and pick his brain here and there, his favorite is deadlifts so he can prob help me get dialed in there.

I did one of the 531 acc work, bunch of 5x15 stuff. Sucked lol

Been doing my best to eat eat eat. Don't always nail it but some days I do.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#16]
@Solace22 howzit?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@Solace22 howzit?
View Quote
YO!
Havent posted in a while. Just head down still hammering things. Things kinda slow, working on BF% a tad, it got real high just eating a ton. Kinda felt like I wasnt getting much out of carbs anymore. Just need a dietary reset I guess.
Working more dumbbell stuff in and trying to keep it all fresh.
Seemed like I saw a quick 4 week program on TN that I thought of trying. Need to pause 5/3/1 a bit getting bored a bit with it. Ill have to find the article, thought i marked it but I guess not.
My FiL has been keeping me busy as heck lately. They have a small backyard but its all hillside really. He too old to cut it anymore so I cut the grass for him. Made the mistake of mentioning a small stair section he made years ago out of cross ties. Guess who got hired to replace it all. Had to carry about 30 3-4' sections off cross tie up that hill to my truck and haul it off. Has been hot as heck and HUMID, need scuba gear to work outside.

Anything new with you?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

YO!
Havent posted in a while. Just head down still hammering things. Things kinda slow, working on BF% a tad, it got real high just eating a ton. Kinda felt like I wasnt getting much out of carbs anymore. Just need a dietary reset I guess.
Working more dumbbell stuff in and trying to keep it all fresh.
Seemed like I saw a quick 4 week program on TN that I thought of trying. Need to pause 5/3/1 a bit getting bored a bit with it. Ill have to find the article, thought i marked it but I guess not.
My FiL has been keeping me busy as heck lately. They have a small backyard but its all hillside really. He too old to cut it anymore so I cut the grass for him. Made the mistake of mentioning a small stair section he made years ago out of cross ties. Guess who got hired to replace it all. Had to carry about 30 3-4' sections off cross tie up that hill to my truck and haul it off. Has been hot as heck and HUMID, need scuba gear to work outside.

Anything new with you?
View Quote
That work sounds like it sucked in the thick heat.

I'm just bouncing back from an injury and trying to work on fixing some underlying issues. Then at some point I'll start getting back after it.
Page / 35
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top