You just got bigger abs and obliques.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You just got bigger abs and obliques.
View Quote
LOL totally!
yeah i need to eat more food though. Im going to focus on just growth for a bit I think.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Started a modified routine today, kept the 5/3/1 and 3x10 work added the following:
Attachment Attached File

Ill be feeling it tomorrow I am sure. Triceps are obliterated. I like the landmines alot but had to do them seated, I just dont have the headspace in the basement. Im going to lower the weight a tad and get the feel for it more. Wish I had a "T" attachment for the barbell and could press that way and also row on another day.
Also happy birthday to me :D
Now: Protein + Food
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Happy birthday! Great progress getting swole!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Happy birthday! Great progress getting swole!
View Quote
thanks man, feels good.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]
man my triceps are sore as heck from yesterday.
Today was alot of just work and not alot of pump chasing stuff.
Two arm rows, pull ups, deadlifts, stiff leg deadlifts, a few curls, a pull day basically.
I am going to have to shorten it up though it took to long to get done.
I ordered a barbell "T bar" tyoe attachment for landmines and rows.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]
forgot to update yesterday, was a heavy bench build.
Worked with the slingshot alot and other press type movements. Couldnt find my groove on bench and didnt feel like I did well with the work I put in. Just one of those days where I was off mentally.

Today was squat and pull stuff. Ran out of the Lit preworkout and tried some EVL preworkout, was apple flavor and tasted pretty good. I tried it with food which I normally dont do. Im not sure if it hindered the effect or not. Ill try without monday and see what happens.

Good week, have a few routine tweaks to make but happy with everything so far. Been sore all week.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Day 2 of using that zma stuff.
Not sure if I like it it may work too well. Almost feel drugged.
Weight is just under 170. Just going to keep pushing and working hard has frick to make some gains.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Cheap and easy farmers carry. Get a couple home depot 5 gallon buckets and fill then with sand.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cheap and easy farmers carry. Get a couple home depot 5 gallon buckets and fill then with sand.
View Quote
yeah thought about that too. thanks!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#12]
put a hurting on it today boys.
did the normal 5/3/1 bench, then some great feeling slingshot work.
Only struggle right now is eating on off days sometimes. I dunno, some days im just flat not hungry. weight is still going up though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like you are killin it. Good stuff. Started my second go round with my cube program this week. Took a few weeks between to recover, just did some hypertrophy and speed stuff. Gotta get my eating right though. Just haven't been dialed in.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sounds like you are killin it. Good stuff. Started my second go round with my cube program this week. Took a few weeks between to recover, just did some hypertrophy and speed stuff. Gotta get my eating right though. Just haven't been dialed in.
View Quote
Ill have to look at the cube program. I hear it mentioned alot. Food wise I think im on the right track but I like to make my calories compare to my work load. If that makes sense. I dont need a ton of carbs on non workout days. I want to eat enough to recovery well and provide the right stuff for growth but I also try and not pour it on so much that my gut grows faster than everything else.
This is probably going to be very unpopular but I really like bodybuilding type work. Every time I do anything that targets certain areas it just feels so good. I like working toward a bench press goal but those are usually lengthier to achieve vs just getting a good pump in. They are both fun in their own way.

Today was a good workout, I got that bar attachment so I can do some fun rows with it. I like them alot. Not sure why but I felt them in my lats a ton today. Good stuff.

So quick story: A few weeks ago I tested the 1rm stuff, well my sister was here doing the test with me. She hurt her back so bad she was nearly crippled. It was on the deadlift. She didnt even flinch or say "ouch" or anything. I think she did 150-ish. Didnt even look difficult or a bad pull etc. She said she could not even walk the next day. Apparently she had some kind of back injury from years ago that flared up. I mean she had to do physical therapy, MRI the whole 9 yards. She still aint right but isnt hunched over anymore. I felt/feel awful.
I should have gotten her something funny that said "sorry your back broke". I still feel real bad about it. Had I known she had a back injury I wouldnt have encouraged her to do more.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ill have to look at the cube program. I hear it mentioned alot. Food wise I think im on the right track but I like to make my calories compare to my work load. If that makes sense. I dont need a ton of carbs on non workout days. I want to eat enough to recovery well and provide the right stuff for growth but I also try and not pour it on so much that my gut grows faster than everything else.
This is probably going to be very unpopular but I really like bodybuilding type work. Every time I do anything that targets certain areas it just feels so good. I like working toward a bench press goal but those are usually lengthier to achieve vs just getting a good pump in. They are both fun in their own way.

Today was a good workout, I got that bar attachment so I can do some fun rows with it. I like them alot. Not sure why but I felt them in my lats a ton today. Good stuff.

So quick story: A few weeks ago I tested the 1rm stuff, well my sister was here doing the test with me. She hurt her back so bad she was nearly crippled. It was on the deadlift. She didnt even flinch or say "ouch" or anything. I think she did 150-ish. Didnt even look difficult or a bad pull etc. She said she could not even walk the next day. Apparently she had some kind of back injury from years ago that flared up. I mean she had to do physical therapy, MRI the whole 9 yards. She still aint right but isnt hunched over anymore. I felt/feel awful.
I should have gotten her something funny that said "sorry your back broke". I still feel real bad about it. Had I known she had a back injury I wouldnt have encouraged her to do more.
View Quote
If you want the spreadsheet I made for my cube based program just pm me your email. I am making a few tweaks to it from what I learned last time around so it may be early-mid next week before I finalize it for this go around. The way Brandon Lily made it was 4 workouts a week. The first three were dedicated to either squat/bench/dead then the 4th day is a body day to work on whatever needs to be worked on. On the main lifts you only go heavy on 1 per week and it rotates through the 3. The emphasis is on recovery. I added optional hypertrophy days between the main days. Some weeks I did them and others I didn't because of time.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's awful.

She needs core work.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah you can send cube stuff to [email protected]. It sounds interesting. I dont know if I want to switch off 5/3/1 (its so handy!) but I also like to keep things fresh.

Monday went well, but yesterday wasnt great. I didnt get to finish my workout. It was too long and my daughter woke up from her nap, I pulled a hamstring on deadlifts then I went ahead and came upstairs and made a shake then she went back to sleep, she never does that. I still need to decide if I want to keep the 3x10 stuff on or not. they take up alot of time and I dont have much for anything else.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Goal weight, hit. 170 now. The most I ever weighed was 168, right before heart surgery.
Not alot to add workout wise. Got a great pump from Landmines today. Heavy, good amount of reps. Lats/shoulders feel like they are growing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Evlution Nutrition EVL ENGN Pre-workout
I liked their Evl Test so I figured I would try their pre-workout. I got apple, something besides fruit punch which seems to be a dominant flavor.
Taste- Its pretty sweet, tastes like regular apple juice just sweeter. Imagine if those Capri sun pouch drinks were apple flavor, thats what it would be like. Its not awesome and its not terrible. As much as I like apple I think I would try a different flavor if I were to do it again. It's so sweet it is almost a problem.

Ill say I am a bit biased as I dont get big kicks from caffeine so I cant comment on that. But I have to use two scoops of this stuff to get any tingle feeling. I think its fairly low on the beta alanine dose. Overall I think if you enjoy a preworkout with less beta alanine but still adequate this would be a good choice. $25 for 30 servings puts it at under $1 per serving. It also has creatine included.

That said I enjoy the Lit Raw a bit better but it is a bit more expensive. I would go as far as to say they are two different approaches to pre-workout. Ill post a review about it later. I gotta go workout!

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Been in a real bad funk lately. I cant get motivated at all. I feel alot like I am spinning my wheels.

I think im going to have to switch some stuff around. I cant get through a workout without my daughter waking up crying 2-3 times. When she wakes up she intentionally wakes the other up and then im really screwed.
Currently I w/o 4 days a week. mon/tues  thurs/fri. It fits well and there is recovery time etc. But I may have to switch that to 3 days or just workout on days my wife is off work (4 days a week) Im not sure.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Been in a real bad funk lately. I cant get motivated at all. I feel alot like I am spinning my wheels.

I think im going to have to switch some stuff around. I cant get through a workout without my daughter waking up crying 2-3 times. When she wakes up she intentionally wakes the other up and then im really screwed.
Currently I w/o 4 days a week. mon/tues  thurs/fri. It fits well and there is recovery time etc. But I may have to switch that to 3 days or just workout on days my wife is off work (4 days a week) Im not sure.
View Quote
Shitty sleep is a great way to murder motivation. Until your daughter starts sleeping better you may want to just lift when your wife is home to watch them. Being interrupted when you already aren't 100% is brutal.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Shitty sleep is a great way to murder motivation. Until your daughter starts sleeping better you may want to just lift when your wife is home to watch them. Being interrupted when you already aren't 100% is brutal.
View Quote
yeah I think so.
Sucks because her schedule is flipped each week. Guess ill just have to try and make it work.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Felt alot better today even though sleep sucked last night.
I have noticed a trend, for the last few weeks on bench my projected 1RM is ALWAYS 185. No less no more. (referring to AMRAP projections).
This makes me think I have hit a big wall. Without re-testing my 1RM again I cant know for sure.

I have been working with the slingshot @185 3x3, then usually do 3x2 @200. It all feels good afterward, like any good workout does. But I cant tell that it is translating into gains. I also do two days of pull, 2 days of push work. Compound stuff and isolation stuff. Just working from all angles.

I made a thread in this section about improving bench off the chest. That is my sticking point, I feel like if I could improve that area I could bump my bench up alot very quick.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Felt alot better today even though sleep sucked last night.
I have noticed a trend, for the last few weeks on bench my projected 1RM is ALWAYS 185. No less no more. (referring to AMRAP projections).
This makes me think I have hit a big wall. Without re-testing my 1RM again I cant know for sure.

I have been working with the slingshot @185 3x3, then usually do 3x2 @200. It all feels good afterward, like any good workout does. But I cant tell that it is translating into gains. I also do two days of pull, 2 days of push work. Compound stuff and isolation stuff. Just working from all angles.

I made a thread in this section about improving bench off the chest. That is my sticking point, I feel like if I could improve that area I could bump my bench up alot very quick.
View Quote
The bottom of the bench has a lot to do with your back and triceps. Obviously you need strong pecs, but they are so stretched at the bottom they aren't really able to be fully used down there. I posted in your other thread. Forgot to mention you can also do chest flys and wide grip bench to get more pec development. If you look at powerlifters/bench pressers their pecs will usually be biggest on the outside and they lack development in the lower/inside portion of the pecs. So target those regions of the muscle in addition to benching.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The bottom of the bench has a lot to do with your back and triceps. Obviously you need strong pecs, but they are so stretched at the bottom they aren't really able to be fully used down there. I posted in your other thread. Forgot to mention you can also do chest flys and wide grip bench to get more pec development. If you look at powerlifters/bench pressers their pecs will usually be biggest on the outside and they lack development in the lower/inside portion of the pecs. So target those regions of the muscle in addition to benching.
View Quote
Yeah I know what you mean about the powerlifter pec development. Ive been doing some chest flys just dont have the best setup for it. I just focus on slow steady reps with lots of time under tension. Ill go back through all the advice and tweak my press days accordingly. Gotta get past this wall.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Im not sure who suggested pin presses but I owe ya...

Owe ya a wedgie/headlock move of some kind cause those things kicked my ass!!
I did OHP, then the 3x10 ohp, then pin presses and the 10x3 bench.
I can see how they help off the bottom.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Haven't updated much, in a bit of a limbo right now with everything. I hate to cut right now but I've got to reset some things like my cholesterol and clear my head and re evaluate where I am. I'm going to look into some kind of bulk without all the cholesterol issues. I think it is a mix of genetics and diet.

I'm thinking of dropping 5/3/1 during the cut, there isn't much point of tracking my big lifts during that time. But my plan is to 5x10 all of them, keep working on some of that bench work, back stuff and try and stay thirsty overall.

I have a dr appointment next week about T stuff. Hoping that goes well. Sleep has been awful and very draining. Some nights I go to bed at 930 just to try and make up for it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Check out Plant Paradox by Dr. Gundry. I really think it will be worth your time and money. He goes over what foods are good vs bad and why. This could really help you with the medical stuff potentially.

If you go 5x10 while cutting you will lose mass. You'll get efficient at moving lighter weights a lot of times. I'd really urge you to stick to lifting as heavy as possible for fewer reps and ditch the hypertrophy stuff until you can eat more again. So you may not set any records, but you will maintain a lot more of what you have.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Check out Plant Paradox by Dr. Gundry. I really think it will be worth your time and money. He goes over what foods are good vs bad and why. This could really help you with the medical stuff potentially.

If you go 5x10 while cutting you will lose mass. You'll get efficient at moving lighter weights a lot of times. I'd really urge you to stick to lifting as heavy as possible for fewer reps and ditch the hypertrophy stuff until you can eat more again. So you may not set any records, but you will maintain a lot more of what you have.
View Quote
yeah I wanted to stick toward heavy compound stuff and less hypertrophy. would a heavy 5x5 be better?
ill check out Plant Paradox
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

yeah I wanted to stick toward heavy compound stuff and less hypertrophy. would a heavy 5x5 be better?
ill check out Plant Paradox
View Quote
Here is a T nation article to get you started. Basically, do many sets in the 3-5 rep range. They weight should be heavy, but you aren't maxing or trying to destroy your ability to recover w/ less calories available. His suggested macros seem screwy to me because it is a lot of carbs, but you'll get the gist and know how to make your own conclusions.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Here is a T nation article to get you started. Basically, do many sets in the 3-5 rep range. They weight should be heavy, but you aren't maxing or trying to destroy your ability to recover w/ less calories available. His suggested macros seem screwy to me because it is a lot of carbs, but you'll get the gist and know how to make your own conclusions.
View Quote
I saw some video on youtube talking about cutting and the guy was eating like 5 bowls a fruity pebbles a day. made no sense. lol
Im going to do keto, enjoy it and can make it work should help with cholesterol as well.

digging that article!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I saw some video on youtube talking about cutting and the guy was eating like 5 bowls a fruity pebbles a day. made no sense. lol
Im going to do keto, enjoy it and can make it work should help with cholesterol as well.

digging that article!
View Quote
Whenever I have a question, T-Nation usually has either the answer or enough info to set my on my path.

A lot of the time when you hear about someone doing the box of cereal it isn't their daily routine, it is typically a re-feed day to jam the muscles with glycogen so they can keep training at a high level of intensity. Those days are earned, not required. Dave Tate told the story of when he was getting shredded and he ate so many fruity pebbles on his re-feed day that his mouth would be all cut up and bleed. lol
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Whenever I have a question, T-Nation usually has either the answer or enough info to set my on my path.

A lot of the time when you hear about someone doing the box of cereal it isn't their daily routine, it is typically a re-feed day to jam the muscles with glycogen so they can keep training at a high level of intensity. Those days are earned, not required. Dave Tate told the story of when he was getting shredded and he ate so many fruity pebbles on his re-feed day that his mouth would be all cut up and bleed. lol
View Quote
yeah that was the video! must have been him cause thats what they said!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

yeah that was the video! must have been him cause thats what they said!
View Quote
Yeah, Dave Tate is awesome. Justin Harris(I am pretty sure) is the guy that did his programming for that. I like the way he does stuff mostly. He gets results. Does the powerbuilding style training that I am naturally drawn to.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#35]
im not real sure how much cutting I want to do.
Im roughly 25% bf and weigh about 169. I dont want to cut 100% bf obviously, im not doing some competition. so if I did 10-15%
.12% of 170 is about 20.4 lbs.

all in all that sounds not even worth messing with, but like i said this alot about getting some cholesterol down and seeing if I can get my T up up in the meantime. I feel like my usable T is basically in "useless" territory and my cholesterol... well lets just say the whole idea was to get in shape and be healthier/stronger that includes blood work i suppose. :D
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Think I've got diet macros set. I like how the t nation article laid it out.
What I'm trying to plan out is my work load.
Big lifts are lots of heavy low rep work. So maybe a 10x3 type setup?
The article also said not to do only the big lifts, keep things fresh.
I just started a new program to help with bench etc it's pretty heavy, pin presses, 10x3, slingshot work etc.
I don't have a ton of stuff I can do on squat/dead days, I usually do chin ups, rows and curls on those days.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#37]
So just to update this thread some I know alot of people watch it and just follow along.
Blood work revealed ultra low (imo) testosterone levels, terrible cholesterol levels, low vitamin D levels, high creatine (sp?) levels.
Ive since been on cholesterol medication, vitamin D supplement and I am in limbo on getting T shots. I have the prescription and waiting on pre-authorization for insurance purposes. My wife is still very dead set against the whole thing but shes just going to have to get a lowe's credit card and build herself a bridge.

Since ive been in limbo with T level's I felt like I should just step back cut some fat off for a bit before getting another run at my goals. So I started keto. It has been EXTREMELY difficult to eat enough in the day to not drop weight quickly. I enjoy eating one meal a day as it is and it is VERY hard to resist that especially when you arent hungry. The keto flu about kicked my ass for the first 2-3 days, seems fine now. Lifting as heavy as I possibly can. Added at minimum 10 lbs to all my workloads and working towards lots of heavy sets. Ive gone back and forth on stopping keto and just trying to maintain everything but I also not crazy about the reflection in the mirror either so ill stick with it a bit. Testosterone shots I read should also help with body fat levels.

This week just been kinda rough with the keto flu stuff but it slowly seems to be leveling out. I really like the 10 sets of 3 reps, especially heavy. I took tuesday off since I had tweaked my back just a bit going heavy on mondays OHP sets. Got back on the horse today for a heavy bench day, lots of slingshot work. Gonna push that past 200 on slingshot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So just to update this thread some I know alot of people watch it and just follow along.
Blood work revealed ultra low (imo) testosterone levels, terrible cholesterol levels, low vitamin D levels, high creatine (sp?) levels.
Ive since been on cholesterol medication, vitamin D supplement and I am in limbo on getting T shots. I have the prescription and waiting on pre-authorization for insurance purposes. My wife is still very dead set against the whole thing but shes just going to have to get a lowe's credit card and build herself a bridge.

Since ive been in limbo with T level's I felt like I should just step back cut some fat off for a bit before getting another run at my goals. So I started keto. It has been EXTREMELY difficult to eat enough in the day to not drop weight quickly. I enjoy eating one meal a day as it is and it is VERY hard to resist that especially when you arent hungry. The keto flu about kicked my ass for the first 2-3 days, seems fine now. Lifting as heavy as I possibly can. Added at minimum 10 lbs to all my workloads and working towards lots of heavy sets. Ive gone back and forth on stopping keto and just trying to maintain everything but I also not crazy about the reflection in the mirror either so ill stick with it a bit. Testosterone shots I read should also help with body fat levels.

This week just been kinda rough with the keto flu stuff but it slowly seems to be leveling out. I really like the 10 sets of 3 reps, especially heavy. I took tuesday off since I had tweaked my back just a bit going heavy on mondays OHP sets. Got back on the horse today for a heavy bench day, lots of slingshot work. Gonna push that past 200 on slingshot.
View Quote
Get some!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Unless your E goes up and then more body fat.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Get some!
View Quote
Im hoping ill get some when the wife gets home.
testosterone shots that is.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Unless your E goes up and then more body fat.  
View Quote
yeah gonna have to watch that. I like tits just not on me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#42]
dropping keto, losing weight way too fast.
following that TNATION article's guidelines.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Feeling really good lately. Eating some good food and working real hard.
im liking this cutting diet from that T nation article, alot. Its easy to follow and zero stress.
I feel like I am making good gains too, lifting heavy as I can and I keep just adding weight to it all.
Ive taking a liking to the 3x10 sets and use them alot I find I can go alot heavier if I do that and I feel like I get some good work in.

Monday destroys arms / shoulders, thursday is alot of bench so chest and triceps, Tuesday is deadlifts and back, friday is squats and back. Feels right.
Food is going really good, Im trying to get my carbs from vegatable sources and limit severely the sugar stuff. I hit my macros within +/- 5 each day and my calories within 10, never over. Sleeping like a log too. Im beat today and cant wait to get to bed tonight.

Been drinking alot of BCAA's too, I found EVL had a selection that was aimed at BCAA's and energy etc. Like them alot, easy to drink and give you a bit of energy through the day and real affordable. Kinda like that company, dunno why.

I feel bigger too, its weird. I found some dumb skull tank top on amazon for $7 so I grabbed it. Who doesnt like skull tank tops right?
I got it today, all the way from China. I got a large and those guys over there must be tiny because It may as well have been a kids size. Good thing I am cutting a bit I guess.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#44]
I took 5lbs of my weight and stuck it on my bench press. Benched 205 today.
I knew I had gotten stronger.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sweet. Congrats!
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Woooo
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#47]
so a few weeks into this now and the weight has slowly came off which is good. Dont feel a bit weaker.
MFP is acting strange though, it wants me at like 1500 calories and every day it I complete it says I will gain weight. Im wondering if it is just measuring the macros?
current calories are 2150, not sure how much lower im going to go. I feel like I am recovering fine thus far. Trying to make sure my carbs arent like big sugar items but vegetable type stuff.

took some measurements:
neck, chest, waist all down
the rest is up in measurements so thats a good ratio.

I crushed upper body yesterday, wife was home and I just got after it. Alot of bench press (pin press, slow, wide grip, heavy), alot of OHP. All good.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#48]
3rd T shot today, not sure I feel a big difference as of yet. Staying positive there.
got 235 with slingshot today.
Ive taken a "this might be too much weight" approach to bench and just working on it for however many reps I can get.
It feels right and I have had to up my warm up weight/reps because they felt too light.
It is very weird because I havent done 5/3/1 in a while now and I feel a bit of freedom with my workout.
I got ahold of a a Free to me sand bag. I plan on doing some work with it and if it is something I think id like to do regularly ill get a nicer one down the road.

Looking back if I had advice for someone wanting to "get in shape" etc
1. get bloodwork done before you even start. No point in fighting underlying issues the whole time.
2. get in a good food routine. do not do the "just eat it all" thing because eventually it will effect the above. Wants take over and before you know it its cake and cookies instead of real food. "ill burn it off..."
3. Pick a goal and plan it out. Make slight tweaks as needed but try not to just just from program to program.
4. focus on recovering just as much if not more than the gym work. If you arent repairing you arent gaining.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Something was up with my knee/leg yesterday. Like it needed to pop. Didnt get much of any workout done.
Last night it was worse ankle to knee like a line of pain. No clue what was going on.

Got kids to bed today and said "im getting my squats in." Busted them out today. Felt good. That is all.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Something was up with my knee/leg yesterday. Like it needed to pop. Didnt get much of any workout done.
Last night it was worse ankle to knee like a line of pain. No clue what was going on.

Got kids to bed today and said "im getting my squats in." Busted them out today. Felt good. That is all.
View Quote
Could be built up fluid.
Page / 35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top