Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 35
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

how tall are you and how much do you weigh now?
View Quote
6 foot. 216 this morning.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

6 foot. 216 this morning.
View Quote
I am much shorter :D I wish I was 6 foot tall.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
hit it running this week.
Upped my 3x10 squats to 165, felt really good, focused those quads on the push and despite CRAP sleep last night I had the energy to go.
Hit OHP AMRAP. Was the perfect weight there too.

I bought some protein powder at gnc and they gave a free sample magazine. Inside it there was a growth hormone test they had 5 tiers of where you could rank, I ranked lowest score for middle rank. Most of my issue i think comes from such an erratic sleep pattern. Just when I think we have the girls in a rhythm they break it. So its just a variable I cant adjust really. Either way have you guys ever used such a thing? Im not all that interested in steroids etc or any of that but i am interested in making sure I am in a good place for growth.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
So I just wanted to toss this in there, some people might think this is "neat" others may think "lame".
But when I got the rack set i also bought a piece of electronic equipment that can measure muscle growth and/or body fat %.
without going into the details of accuracy and how it works etc, ill just say it scans each area and spits out a result. I think the technology was used in cancer or diabetic patients to measure muscle loss/gain originally.
Anyhow...
My overall scores were pretty good.
muscle quality scores 48% overall which = Good, 60% is "Fit", 80% is athletic. So i want to move that upward for sure.
Body Fat was at 23.8% which gives me a "Fair" rating.
Chest and abs were weakest, Triceps and lower back scored the highest.

The app also spits out a few things like where your weakpoints are and suggests exercises that would work those areas, you can adjust metrics based on goals etc.

Kind of a cool little device that can maybe help get a better idea of where you are.
The name of the device is Chisel: Skulpt
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Felt like i did really well this week. Feeling stronger every day.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Felt like i did really well this week. Feeling stronger every day.
View Quote
That's awesome.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Great day today. Ive been trying go gauge my carbs, not over and not under. Im not sure what is the best way to do it.
I think ive hit my peak on OHP only got 2/4 reps on amrap (this is heaviest week). Been a while since I felt it was max.
wishing i had a good dumbell set.
Despite eating alot more lately ive not felt so awful. Sure Ive gained some BF but my shoulders have just gotten so wide which is great.
That pre-workout is getting the job done as well.
going to try and finish this week strong.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Feeling pretty good today. had to switch some days around, fought a bad migraine the other day, had some kind of stomach bug again as well.
Still trying to get the food in.
Ive been REALLY focusing/thinking about the muscle groups used in the compound lifts. Especially squat. My projected squat just keeps climbing. Its around 323 now, The most Ive ever done is 275 I think. Bench projected at 195, my goal is to test it before may.
I also started a new "supplement" it helps maintain good testosterone levels, helps you sleep at night and recover better yadda yadda.
EVL Test

Down sides, supposed to take it at night on an empty stomach which is very difficult for me to have an empty one right now.
the pills are also HUGE and smell awful. A week of use i can tell they help me sleep better, first night I had this crazy zombie invasion dream. I hardly ever get into REM/Dream sleep. So sleep is good. Healthy T levels are always good. gonna keep pushing and hit these goals.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Feeling pretty good today. had to switch some days around, fought a bad migraine the other day, had some kind of stomach bug again as well.
Still trying to get the food in.
Ive been REALLY focusing/thinking about the muscle groups used in the compound lifts. Especially squat. My projected squat just keeps climbing. Its around 323 now, The most Ive ever done is 275 I think. Bench projected at 195, my goal is to test it before may.
I also started a new "supplement" it helps maintain good testosterone levels, helps you sleep at night and recover better yadda yadda.
EVL Test

Down sides, supposed to take it at night on an empty stomach which is very difficult for me to have an empty one right now.
the pills are also HUGE and smell awful. A week of use i can tell they help me sleep better, first night I had this crazy zombie invasion dream. I hardly ever get into REM/Dream sleep. So sleep is good. Healthy T levels are always good. gonna keep pushing and hit these goals.
View Quote
Sups are probably fake. Sounds like you are making good progress. Just keep eating right and getting as much sleep as you can.

You will probably be squatting more than me in a couple of months anyway. I'm awful at squats.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sups are probably fake. Sounds like you are making good progress. Just keep eating right and getting as much sleep as you can.

You will probably be squatting more than me in a couple of months anyway. I'm awful at squats.
View Quote
Nah I dont think they are fake, they were highly rated on one of the big bodybuilding websites (bodybuilding.com?).
It only has a handful of ingredients.
The sleep is pretty good with it, almost worth it for that alone.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nah I dont think they are fake, they were highly rated on one of the big bodybuilding websites (bodybuilding.com?).
It only has a handful of ingredients.
The sleep is pretty good with it, almost worth it for that alone.
View Quote
You mean a website that makes a lot of money selling supplements would have a good review of one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You mean a website that makes a lot of money selling supplements would have a good review of one.
View Quote
It actually looks pretty good for someone not on trt. It's basically zma w/ tribulus, aspartic acid, and some other test booster stuff. Worst case it's just a little more expensive than zma. I love zma. Zma + melatonin is probably the best sleep I could ever get.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It actually looks pretty good for someone not on trt. It's basically zma w/ tribulus, aspartic acid, and some other test booster stuff. Worst case it's just a little more expensive than zma. I love zma. Zma + melatonin is probably the best sleep I could ever get.
View Quote
Yeah before I was on TRT I had trouble sleeping. ZMA or melatonin would knock me right out.  But melatonin is really cheap.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Took some measurements today. kinda weird results.
chest: decrease
thighs: decrease
calves: decrease

Increase:
Shoulder, arms, waist, hips, NECK, arms
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Took some measurements today. kinda weird results.
chest: decrease
thighs: decrease
calves: decrease

Increase:
Shoulder, arms, waist, hips, NECK, arms
View Quote
How long since last measurement?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How long since last measurement?
View Quote
couple weeks. I think jefit's site is wonky with the measurements. im thinking one page shows the majority decreased but the main page shows increase since original measurement. its kind of a pain to use.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#17]
so since last month (cant go by measurement) it says chest went down nearly an inch.
but shoulders +2"
I dunno makes no sense to me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
so since last month (cant go by measurement) it says chest went down nearly an inch.
but shoulders +2"
I dunno makes no sense to me.
View Quote
Maybe you got some V going on.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Maybe you got some V going on.
View Quote
now thats a thought... Just gonna roll with it.
Strength is never a weakness or so some fat guy says.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#20]
well figured it out.
wife always puts my vitamins etc in the "mon/tues/wed" medicine thing and she's been putting womens vitamins in there.
/rekt.

explains chest gains i guess.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
well figured it out.
wife always puts my vitamins etc in the "mon/tues/wed" medicine thing and she's been putting womens vitamins in there.
/rekt.

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
well figured it out.
/rekt.

View Quote
Pics?

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pics?

View Quote
BOTD?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#24]
last week was crazy. my sister wanted us to go to a gym class with her.
it was really ez mode and was a hiit routine with stations etc. I of course was the only guy. it was 6-7 "stations" and you spent 1 min at each, did it 5 times. it was a good cardio thing but overall pretty easy. I had to grab some heavier weights as they were only using like 1-3lb stuff. I thought my wife was going to get mad at me because I was adding stuff to the workouts. clap pushups and stuff.
i got to check out this new gym too, and while id like to go there for some of the machines i just dont think id get much out of it long term for the money. it was really clean and had a good setup to it. Everything looked brand new (probably was).
Still eating good. thinking of bumping calories on up again.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#25]
That sounds awful.

I am happy I still have a gym membership. I usually only go once a week. But it is nice to change up my scenery once in awhile, especially since I work from home.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That sounds awful.

I am happy I still have a gym membership. I usually only go once a week. But it is nice to change up my scenery once in awhile, especially since I work from home.
View Quote
it was horrible.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I think im going to test 1RM for all lifts on the 7th of may. This will fall on week two of 5/3/1 and so not the heavy week.
Im not too sure where I will fall on OHP but im hoping for 200 bench, 300 squat, 265 dead.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#28]
nice clean and fast workout today. Something clicked in my head and I figured out how to push off my "lats" a bit on OHP.
120 lbs for 7 reps. Never ever thought I would have 35's on the bar for that.

Looking ahead at 1RM tests, I was thinking about swapping out the slingshot for the 3x10 sets. I usually do a few heavy reps with the slingshot after the 3x10. But I thought about doing a 5x5 kind of set with the slingshot and get more comfortable with a heavier weight range. I really want to hit this 200# benchmark and I think I have more of a mental block about it than a physical one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Worked with the slingshot today.
It's crazy how things feel instantly better with it. I still think I need to adjust my grip. I went slightly wider than shoulders to get more chest involved and to try and get some stability. Everything feels real shifty 165+. If I narrow the grip it feels easier but less stable, wider is harder but less shaky.
Part I think is me part I think is my bench and the floor not being perfectly even. I've tried moving the bench around but I could not tell any big differences.
I think I need to keep elbows almost against my body, the right loves to flair out and I have to concentrate to keep it in. I'll keep at it and stay focussed.
Weight is going up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I love me some slingshot. I am happy to hear that you are still constantly working on form. It is good to be aware of exactly what is going on.

Are you going to do a mock meet when you test your maxes, is that why you are going to test them on the same day? Maybe thinking about competing?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love me some slingshot. I am happy to hear that you are still constantly working on form. It is good to be aware of exactly what is going on.

Are you going to do a mock meet when you test your maxes, is that why you are going to test them on the same day? Maybe thinking about competing?
View Quote
Hell no, not competing ever. Im weak.
The only reason I thought to do them all in the same day was convenience, wife could spot form etc while kids were asleep or something like that. I could also just get it done. One other aspect would be that If i test that day it would give me 1 week and I could retest if I wanted. I just want to try and see where I am before my birthday since alot of my jefit stuff started on that day it would give me a good view at the before and after of it all. I also planned on going back over all my logs and seeing where my gains or losses were via diet and rest or workload. I kind of made this whole post as a journal of sorts so I could look back and say "made strong gains in x month, what was I doing those weeks? How did I feel?" etc.

Yeah I want to keep tweaking form as needed, it seems it evolves as you go. I also am trying to figure out whats best for this shoulder. I really feel it @ 165+ (when not using the slingshot) I figure pain is just part of alot of it (no pain no gain) but also there is probably some form tweaks to be made for shoulder rotation etc. I swear if I could hammer grip the bar it would be less painful/stressful on the shoulder for me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#32]
felt a bit uneasy tuesday after the workout. worked out in the yard around the house on various things and noticed very noticeable shoulder pain again. I let it ride and just threw food at it. I found some joint supplement on sale at the store and grabbed it. Figured one more pill to swallow wont hurt Feels fine today.
Anyhow, Tuesday ended with the slingshot etc today was normal 5/3/1 bench. Trying to be mindful of form and narrowed that grip a bit maybe 1" from the roll marks. Things felt fairly stable I kept those elbows TUCKED, kind of just imitated what the slingshot form feels like and I had zero shoulder pain and good power, encouraging at least. I was able to hit amrap 14 @135, projected 198 lbs. So i am at least tracking good for 1RM test sunday. Talked my sister into coming by and test hers. Just for fun, she isnt a big lifter by any means but does lift fairly regularly. Im not feeling overly fat and im not feeling real thin either. Just feels like everything is growing at the same pace. I can see a big difference in my arms lately which is great.
I think im going to push weight on up to 170, im roughly 165 right now. Im liking this evl test stuff. The sleep alone is worth it. r
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#33]
well this week is done, feeling good about sunday. Getting to bed earlier here lately. Some of the most solid sleep in years. Feeling strong and focused.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
well this week is done, feeling good about sunday. Getting to bed earlier here lately. Some of the most solid sleep in years. Feeling strong and focused.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
yeah, basically!
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Your bench session sounds like it went well then. That's great. I was supposed to hit a new max on bench last week, but felt this weird twinge in my left pec when I was at 385 that I felt the week before doing heavy slingshot work so I decided not to push the envelope. 385 went easier than ever though. So I know I am stronger than before I ran the program. For the name of progress I am calling my new max at 415(so +10lbs) for this cycle. Did 5x10@60% pin press last night, went well. Easier than last time I had that work out with the slightly lower number.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Your bench session sounds like it went well then. That's great. I was supposed to hit a new max on bench last week, but felt this weird twinge in my left pec when I was at 385 that I felt the week before doing heavy slingshot work so I decided not to push the envelope. 385 went easier than ever though. So I know I am stronger than before I ran the program. For the name of progress I am calling my new max at 415(so +10lbs) for this cycle. Did 5x10@60% pin press last night, went well. Easier than last time I had that work out with the slightly lower number.
View Quote
Good grief, beast mode man. I had a small tweak in my back today so i didnt push squats, but I am most confident in the squat so nbd.
Im most nervous about bench as im only projected to do 198, where as squat my projection is 330.
My honest projections are:
OHP- 155-165
Bench- 190
Squat- 300
Dead- 275? im not sure ive always done reps and that always makes you feel weak so after warming up things might feel alot better, not having to go for 5 @75% or something. Ive never really focused it or pushed it.

EDIT:
you still doing a recomp?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Just finished up, went pretty good.
Final numbers:
Ohp 150
Sq 300
Bench 190
Dead 285

Overall pretty happy. I really pushed on bench but just not enough to get it. If I could get a tad more speed off the chest it might be doable. Something I may work on.

Squat wasn't bad could have probably done more but 300 was the all weight i had.

Ohp was hoping for a tad more but pulled a muscle in my back (Charley horse?) And def pulled a muscle in my left triceps.

Overall pretty good day. My sister lifted way more than she thought she could. I don't remember her numbers though.

So knowing these numbers what would you guys suggest I focus on? How to proceed? :)
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice work, sounds like it's time to buy some more weights!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nice work, sounds like it's time to buy some more weights!
View Quote
thats the plan, sort of.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Ive been fighting sick "im going to throw up" migraines for months now. I wasnt going to work out today, I was going to skip it. I took medicine to try and get rid of it. I even fell asleep for a few minutes on the couch with my girls. I drank a rockstart, got them to bed and said "im working out."
I went down there and did my deadlifts and said "Im going to bench 200 today."
and I just did it.
I benched 200.
I am so happy to have hit that goal.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#42]
HELL YEAH!

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
HELL YEAH!

View Quote
230 is the next goal. May retry that OHP friday. Pretty sure I can beat it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ive been fighting sick "im going to throw up" migraines for months now. I wasnt going to work out today, I was going to skip it. I took medicine to try and get rid of it. I even fell asleep for a few minutes on the couch with my girls. I drank a rockstart, got them to bed and said "im working out."
I went down there and did my deadlifts and said "Im going to bench 200 today."
and I just did it.
I benched 200.
I am so happy to have hit that goal.
View Quote
Stop slacking and bench 225 already.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
*cough* 315 *cough*

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
All in good time, all in good time.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#47]
not alot to update on.
Going to do some more adjusting on my routine. As usual it will still revolve around OHP, bench, deadlift and squats.
I am pretty happy with my squat numbers, my bench I feel meh on, ideally id like to be in the 235's.
/ramble

Currently im doing 5/3/1 then a 3x10 ending with 1 isolation move. I dont feel like this is enough and as Ive measured not much has changed lately. I think my body knows the routine. I can get a great pump going with say 30 OHP into barbbell curls but it doesnt feel like it lasts. I'm thinking I need either more sets or Im not shocking the muscle groups enough to grow/adapt. I feel tons stronger but my measurements arent changing much (except waist maybe :D).
Im very interested in a nearly 50/50 split of Strength and Bodybuilding. I know bodybuilding is kind of a taboo thing around here but it is arfcom, so get both right? :D

Im not sure if I like the set flip I have going on or not. So right now I have OHP and squats paired, Bench and Deads paired. I did this because I felt like everything was getting trained all week vs a heavy bottom or top half of the body on certain days.

My plan is a lot more deliberate work that relates to both the main lift movement and the muscle groups involved for it.
Im not sure if I want to leave 3x10 in, drop it, or increase it to 4x10.
example: 5/3/1 bench routine, then a 5x5 of 85% or so then maybe a 3x3 of heavy slingshot work.
I can round it out with various push up sets, chest fly's etc.

I really want to add farmers carrys but I would have to come up with something homemade I think. I dont have enough weights to put on the bars unless I split it up like:
10lbs+35lbs on one side and 45lbs on the other. But my thought was to go to the military surplus and get some backpack straps and possibly rig up something to carry. Ill have to google some ideas.
EDIT: Hex bar might be what i need.

Any input is welcome.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
not alot to update on.
Going to do some more adjusting on my routine. As usual it will still revolve around OHP, bench, deadlift and squats.
I am pretty happy with my squat numbers, my bench I feel meh on, ideally id like to be in the 235's.
/ramble

Currently im doing 5/3/1 then a 3x10 ending with 1 isolation move. I dont feel like this is enough and as Ive measured not much has changed lately. I think my body knows the routine. I can get a great pump going with say 30 OHP into barbbell curls but it doesnt feel like it lasts. I'm thinking I need either more sets or Im not shocking the muscle groups enough to grow/adapt. I feel tons stronger but my measurements arent changing much (except waist maybe :D).
Im very interested in a nearly 50/50 split of Strength and Bodybuilding. I know bodybuilding is kind of a taboo thing around here but it is arfcom, so get both right? :D

Im not sure if I like the set flip I have going on or not. So right now I have OHP and squats paired, Bench and Deads paired. I did this because I felt like everything was getting trained all week vs a heavy bottom or top half of the body on certain days.

My plan is a lot more deliberate work that relates to both the main lift movement and the muscle groups involved for it.
Im not sure if I want to leave 3x10 in, drop it, or increase it to 4x10.
example: 5/3/1 bench routine, then a 5x5 of 85% or so then maybe a 3x3 of heavy slingshot work.
I can round it out with various push up sets, chest fly's etc.

I really want to add farmers carrys but I would have to come up with something homemade I think. I dont have enough weights to put on the bars unless I split it up like:
10lbs+35lbs on one side and 45lbs on the other. But my thought was to go to the military surplus and get some backpack straps and possibly rig up something to carry. Ill have to google some ideas.
EDIT: Hex bar might be what i need.

Any input is welcome.
View Quote
Pretty tough to beat this-

Titan handles
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Pretty tough to beat this-

Titan handles
View Quote
I like those the best but I just dont have enough plates to go around evenly.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#50]
good workout today. I actually changed my days around this week and was one day ahead.
Got a great pump from 3x10 OHP and busted out heavy squats.
Also tested an exercise I plan on adding to my next workout, inverted rows. its like a chinup but laying on the ground holding the bar. Felt really good.
weight is up, appetite is up, sleep is up, workload going up. Feels good.
Page / 35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top