User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's a low carb "Phat Phudge" that I tweaked from @paleochef to make firmer at room temperature.  The tweaks also make it vegan - cacao butter (instead of dairy butter), coconut butter (instead of tahini), cacao powder, turmeric, honey (not very much), maca powder, and a dash of cayenne.  Very low carb, but definitely not low-cal.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23930/image-164465.JPG
View Quote

looks like japanese curry roux blocks. spices in fat doesn't sound tasty. does the coco overpower most of the other stuff?

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

looks like japanese curry roux blocks. spices in fat doesn't sound tasty. does the coco overpower most of the other stuff?

http://i.imgur.com/KQRgxBY.png
View Quote

Spices in fat aren't tasty?  So, no herbed butter, no infused olive oil?

What I made is basically a dairy-free, low carb, extremely dark chocolate-coconut fudge with a little zing from a dash of cayenne.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Meal prepping questions. How long do your meals last in the fridge? I'm guessing at least 5 days? So if I cook everything on Sunday, it should be good to eat until at least Friday?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Meal prepping questions. How long do your meals last in the fridge? I'm guessing at least 5 days? So if I cook everything on Sunday, it should be good to eat until at least Friday?
View Quote

Generally, at least 3 and maybe 7 or 8 days.  Depends on what it is and what condition it was in when cooked.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:30:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Happy Easter!  Smoked pork shoulder, homemade red canbage sauerkraut, and creamed leeks. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Cauliflower crust pizza w/ pistachio pesto and olives.  The sundried tomatoes that I thought were in my pantry weren't 

Local grass fed Delmonico, medium rare w/ a pat of Kerrygold and zucchini noodles with pistachio pesto

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top