BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
wish I could eat this healthy
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn dude. I wish I hat the time for cooking that deliciousness!
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn dude. I wish I hat the time for cooking that deliciousness!
View Quote

Many of those are ~30 minutes total time
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I always remember this thread when I'm imputing the meal into MFP... After I pounded it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Right now - sauteed sauerkraut with sausage, zucchini and peppers with rutabaga fries

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Many of those pics are meals from here:  http://www.amazon.com/Primal-Blueprint-Quick-Easy-Meals/dp/0982207743/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439764124&sr=8-1&keywords=Primal+blueprint+quick+and+easy+meals

Not hot because the link button breaks ipad
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Many of those pics are meals from here:  http://www.amazon.com/Primal-Blueprint-Quick-Easy-Meals/dp/0982207743/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439764124&sr=8-1&keywords=Primal+blueprint+quick+and+easy+meals

View Quote

Try copying the link, going into portrait, close the keyboard, and then click the link button (with the keyboard closed). This works on my iPhone and iPad and doesn't crash the site like normal.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was just about to offer you nudies of the ex and her 36 DD's (just found out theyre actually 34 DDD ) for your recipes, but now you linked the book

ETA: will trade nudies if cook them for me

ETA 2: nudies of the ex...my nudies cant be bought with food
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#9]
What's the recipe for the shredded brussel sprouts, if you can share?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#10]
This meal is fast
Easy
Cheap
High calorie
Nutritional
Tasty

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:28:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What's the recipe for the shredded brussel sprouts, if you can share?
View Quote

Trim the bottoms and outer leaves.  Shred in food processor.  Sautee in a skillet until softened in your choice of fat, medium to med-high heat.  I use butter or olive oil and add some half way through cooking.  I like to cook until about a third or half are browned.  Salt to taste and serve.

Sometimes I'll add minced garlic, shallot, or chopped vidalia onion.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This meal is fast
Easy
Cheap
High calorie
Nutritional
Tasty

<a href="http://s981.photobucket.com/user/SCW-Shooter/media/0D9F9BDB-E73C-40D2-969A-390899BF158E.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/SCW-Shooter/0D9F9BDB-E73C-40D2-969A-390899BF158E.jpg</a>

View Quote

My God, the carbs. Think of the children.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This meal is fast
Easy
Cheap
High calorie
Nutritional
Tasty

<a href="http://s981.photobucket.com/user/SCW-Shooter/media/0D9F9BDB-E73C-40D2-969A-390899BF158E.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/SCW-Shooter/0D9F9BDB-E73C-40D2-969A-390899BF158E.jpg</a>

View Quote

4 out of 5 ain't bad
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I love the concept of making fries out of non-standard tubers
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm interested in this as well.  Always up to learn something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:The nutritionist I took a seminar with, who is a lifter as well, told us to fast post-workout on heavy squat/dead days.  I guess he knows his shit because he just DLed near 600 pounds in a competition I'm in with him.  No breakfast or lunch.  Then destroy dinner.  I've never really tried that though.  I crave protein after every workout.

What was the reason(s) to fast post-workout?  What studies support that recommendation?  Or was it just "I did it and I deadlift 600 pounds, so I'm right and you're not."

I'm interested in this as well.  Always up to learn something.

Hell if I know.  He never mentioned anything about his own performance.  He owns a CF gym and has been a S&C coach for some D1 football programs IIRC, so I'm assuming he has some science behind that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I love the concept of making fries out of non-standard tubers
View Quote

Turnips are 1/3-1/4 the calorie/carbohydrate content of potatoes with a similar nutrition quotient - less nutrients.  

Rutabagas are about 1/2 of potatoes calorically and nutritionally.

You can do the cutting with a knife, but a French fry attachment for a food processor makes short work of the job.  I've found that a good, large food processor with a number of attachments makes eating low carb much easier and allows meal prep to take much less time - from shredding Brussels sprouts to ricing cauliflower and turnips, to making fries.  

Lol - never thought I'd be talking about food processors, especially on a gun board
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This meal is fast
Easy
Cheap
High calorie
Nutritional
Tasty

I did!!

The kids love this stuff.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Meal 2
" />
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I wish I had found this butcher shop and farmers market earlier this summer.  

Finished pics in a little while yet-

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#20]
The last meat I bought, was $1.88 per lbs... Your farmers market looks a little rich for my tastes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The last meat I bought, was $1.88 per lbs... Your farmers market looks a little rich for my tastes.
View Quote

No kidding.  When I foot the bill I make hotdogs out of worms and tree leaves.  This is reimbursed.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No kidding.  When I foot the bill I make hotdogs out of worms and tree leaves.  This is reimbursed.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's more than I paid for kangaroo backstrap.  Dry aged?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can get rattlesnake meat at $31 a pound.

Where do you live that a cow costs that much?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was a snooty butcher shop/farmers market in Wisconsin.  There is no way in hades I'd pay those prices when left to myself and my own budget.  Instead of eating out when I travel I try to cook my own meals.  This one was pretty spendy at $77.  I'm still well under what causes the bean counters to start looking if you look at my weekly food bills.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I drank 82 grams of olive oil. Am I going to die?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a kidney stone a few years ago and decided to try one of those folk recipes because nothing else was working.  It was equal parts oil and lemon juice.  I decided if some is good, more is better so I doubled it.  I was such a wreck on the toilet for a week that I didn't even notice the stone anymore.  It passed at some point, but I didn't notice.  

You'll be fine.  Try heavy squats.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I had a kidney stone a few years ago and decided to try one of those folk recipes because nothing else was working.  It was equal parts oil and lemon juice.  I decided if some is good, more is better so I doubled it.  I was such a wreck on the toilet for a week that I didn't even notice the stone anymore.  It passed at some point, but I didn't notice.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did. PR on Highbar and Front today.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before or after guzzling olive oil?  

What was the new weight?  Details man!

I've got my eyes on 400lbs by mid-January.  I started lifting at the first of December last year then cracked a rib the next week, then went out of town and really didn't get back to lifting till mid-Jan of this year.  If I can hit a 400lb squat by one year of lifting I'll be pretty damn proud of myself.  I'm at about 340-350 now with no belt or shoes.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've got my eyes on 400lbs by mid-January.  I started lifting at the first of December last year then cracked a rib the next week, then went out of town and really didn't get back to lifting till mid-Jan of this year.  If I can hit a 400lb squat by one year of lifting I'll be pretty damn proud of myself.  I'm at about 340-350 now with no belt or shoes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nowhere near that.  

I was way before.  I hit legs hard today. I almost PRed on cleans too but just couldn't get the squat up. So close.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Response in the Wendler/random lifting thread so I don't spin the wheels of this meal-plan thread.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This was a snooty butcher shop/farmers market in Wisconsin.  There is no way in hades I'd pay those prices when left to myself and my own budget.  Instead of eating out when I travel I try to cook my own meals.  This one was pretty spendy at $77.  I'm still well under what causes the bean counters to start looking if you look at my weekly food bills.

<a href="http://s981.photobucket.com/user/SCW-Shooter/media/Mobile%20Uploads/D3E0259C-32C8-4D0C-807C-1E3CB625CF19.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/SCW-Shooter/Mobile%20Uploads/D3E0259C-32C8-4D0C-807C-1E3CB625CF19.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s981.photobucket.com/user/SCW-Shooter/media/Mobile%20Uploads/D3E0259C-32C8-4D0C-807C-1E3CB625CF19.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/SCW-Shooter/Mobile%20Uploads/D3E0259C-32C8-4D0C-807C-1E3CB625CF19.jpg</a>

Looks awesome!  Needs more red wine though
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

how is a keto diet on the gallbladder?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Had this little guy tonight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/20150818_181910_zps4q7nlzny.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/20150818_181910_zps4q7nlzny.jpg</a>

View Quote

Looks good.

Was it $87 an oz?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Looks good.

Was it $87 an oz?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/20150818_181910_zps4q7nlzny.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/20150818_181910_zps4q7nlzny.jpg</a>

Looks good.

Was it $87 an oz?

Think it was $9 a lb. That's 1 lb 5 oz about 1000 calories. So eat an extra one of those a night.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Motel eggs that I swear has never seen a chickens ass, motel bacon I swear that was mass produced in a DARPA facility, and coffee from concentrate.... The joys of living on the road for 4 months out of the year...
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Salmon tostadas w/ homemade guac and salsa verde

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2s8im2x.jpg
View Quote

Fuck you dude....

Seriously, you need to make a cookbook. I'd buy one from you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2s8im2x.jpg
View Quote

Make me 10 more.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#41]
The tostada recipe came from here.  Only change was that the recipe in he cookbook calls for you to make your own tostadas from almond flour.  Too much work, so I used store-bought corn tortillas.  I've made three main course recipes from this cook book and they've both been great.  A little more work that the "quick and easy" cookbook, but not that much.  One of the other main course recipe was a Korean beef noodle bowl with noodles made from zucchini, which were more work than just nuking spaghetti squash, but the noodles had amazing flavor/texture. Going forward - spaghetti squash when prep time is short, zucchini when time is more available.

Also made a few of the salsa/guac reicpes in the cookbook above  and they've all been great.

Kai - I had one more tostada - the three together were ~6-6.5 oz of salmon. Extra protein came from desset - a berry slurry with a scoop of whey isolate and aome unsweetened shredded coconut.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The tostada recipe came from here.  Only change was that the recipe in he cookbook calls for you to make your own tostadas from almond flour.  Too much work, so I used store-bought corn tortillas.  I've made three main course recipes from this cook book and they've both been great.  A little more work that the "quick and easy" cookbook, but not that much.  One of the other main course recipe was a Korean beef noodle bowl with noodles made from zucchini, which were more work than just nuking spaghetti squash, but the noodles had amazing flavor/texture. Going forward - spaghetti squash when prep time is short, zucchini when time is more available.

Also made a few of the salsa/guac reicpes in the cookbook above  and they've all been great.

Kai - I had one more tostada - the three together were ~6-6.5 oz of salmon. Extra protein came from desset - a berry slurry with a scoop of whey isolate and aome unsweetened shredded coconut.
View Quote

I would totally eat 10 of them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Carnitas. Braised the pork butt for 2 hours this AM, then let it soak in the braising liquid - water, oranges, garlic, onion, cumin, salt). Before eating, I tookmthe fat I trimmed off the pork butt this morning, heated it in a cast iron skillet, and used the liquified fat to fry/crisp the pork butt cubes.  Served with homemade pickled onions, cilantro, salsa verde ( left from last night), and guac - also left.  Side of rutabaga fries (notpictured)

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#44]
At the beginning of the braising

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2crpxte.jpg
View Quote

Wow.  I definitely won't be posting a picture of the cheese and tortillia I had.

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wow.  I definitely won't be posting a picture of the cheese and tortillia I had.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2crpxte.jpg

Carnitas is my favorite thing to order at Mexican restaraunts. I used this recipe:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/193219/simple-carnitas/ and then fried the pork in the fat that I trimmed before braising.  First time I've made it.

Honestly, I think it's the best carnitas I've ever had.  Tender, slightly sweet tasting from the oranges and crisping; it was an act of will to not eat the entire 3.25 pounds.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#47]
I have recently made an attempt to cook like that sort of (without pics).  This weekend I tried

rutabaga fries w/ fresh rosemary and garlic
fried parsnips
roasted rutabaga w/ 3 different sets of spice trials
boiled rutabaga
eggplant parmesan
eggplant pizza
almond flour chicken fingers
almond flour taco pizza
grain and gluten free brownies

I have most of this week off and will be trying quite a few more.  My wife liked everything I cooked.  I am ditching grains and she is celiac so it would be nice to go more paleo ish and actually like it..  I, on the other hand, still have issues with vegetables.  Its never the taste its the texture.  some of the stuff I would eat again..  Pinterest has helped out a lot with recipes.  Still not sure how anyone actually likes this style of eating other than the pure health aspect of it
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Zucchini noodles with elk ragú

Churning out noodles

After sweating out some of the moisture

Ground elk, onions, and garlic

The sauce - tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, basil, parsley, oregano

Sauteeing the noodles in the ragú

Plated

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Churning out noodles

http://i60.tinypic.com/2epszuw.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/6icp03.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2zptons.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/33kygqv.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2dazhp4.jpg

Plated

http://i58.tinypic.com/2zow4me.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Churning out noodles

http://i60.tinypic.com/2epszuw.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/6icp03.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2zptons.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/33kygqv.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2dazhp4.jpg

Plated

http://i58.tinypic.com/2zow4me.jpg

yeah that looks amazing
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top