Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2015 9:09:28 AM EDT
2x my bodyweight for 3s and 4s, is it still possible to have low T?   Im going to bring it up and get things tested next week. Ive always left it alone because of my strength levels.

Do strength levels directly correlate with test levels?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
2x my bodyweight for 3s and 4s, is it still possible to have low T?   Im going to bring it up and get things tested next week. Ive always left it alone because of my strength levels.

View Quote

Yes, but upper body to a much greater extent.  There are more androgen receptors in the traps and delts which is why they blow up on juicers.  If you have a good squat and weak bench/press it may be low T.

However, it is worth noting that higher testosterone levels are the primary reason there’s a bigger gap between the upper body strength of men and women than lower body strength.  The muscles of the shoulder girdle have more androgen receptors than any other muscle group.  This means that testosterone’s anabolic effects are most potent on these muscles.  As an aside, that’s the biggest reason a big chest and broad shoulders are seen as a sign of virility in men – it’s a sign the man has higher testosterone levels and is therefore probably more fertile than other guys.
View Quote

http://www.strengtheory.com/do-women-need-to-train-any-differently/
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I was squatting 1.75x BW at or near 2x BW 1RM when I was diagnosed. I had to schedule my week so I could take 2-3 days off after squatting because my recovery was so bad. At nights my brain fog/fatigue damn near incapacitated me.

ETA: NVM. Got my medical issues mixed up. I was at 2x BW when I blew my neck up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#3]
wow you guys make me feel shitty. I only squat 1.4% of my body weight. But I am carrying around about 30 extra lbs...
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Just do what I do and report your squat as related to your ideal bodyweight, not your actual body weight.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wow you guys make me feel shitty. I only squat 1.4% of my body weight. But I am carrying around about 30 extra lbs...
View Quote

Im a fat 250
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a svelte 215 with a 6-pack. I'm just keeping it insulated.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Im a fat 250
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im a fat 250

I am 250-255 right now. I am afraid to step on the scale. I did 335 easily but failed on 355. You are squatting 500 bro? I can't even deadlift that.
my "slim" weight would be around 225.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, but upper body to a much greater extent.  There are more androgen receptors in the traps and delts which is why they blow up on juicers.  If you have a good squat and weak bench/press it may be low T.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

However, it is worth noting that higher testosterone levels are the primary reason there’s a bigger gap between the upper body strength of men and women than lower body strength.  The muscles of the shoulder girdle have more androgen receptors than any other muscle group.  This means that testosterone’s anabolic effects are most potent on these muscles.  As an aside, that’s the biggest reason a big chest and broad shoulders are seen as a sign of virility in men – it’s a sign the man has higher testosterone levels and is therefore probably more fertile than other guys.

Huh, that's interesting.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a big chest and broad shoulders. I never knew that meant I was virile. I just got fitted for a new suit this year. Size 48, and then they had to take it in from below the shoulders down to the bottom.

But I also suck at bench press for my weight. Hmm what does it all mean? Broad shoulders is a function of skeletal structure I think- not musculature.

I do have 2 kids... didn't take long to get that going...
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a big chest and broad shoulders. I never knew that meant I was virile. I just got fitted for a new suit this year. Size 48, and then they had to take it in from below the shoulders down to the bottom.

But I also suck at bench press for my weight. Hmm what does it all mean? Broad shoulders is a function of skeletal structure I think- not musculature.

I do have 2 kids... didn't take long to get that going...
View Quote

Nate is correct. What it means is steroids will often fully cap someone's shoulders. The easiest example I can think of to give is to think of high level female athletes that have shoulders which look like a man's, they have this due to taking steroids. Also having a weak bench is obviously related to how you are training as well. If this didn't make sense I'll try to clarify.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I feel like I am pretty damn weak at everything compared to how much I work out.

My T is way low.  Go get tested.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
So if i have a 54 inch chest without tits im prolly ok?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I feel like I am pretty damn weak at everything compared to how much I work out.

My T is way low.  Go get tested.
View Quote

I feel that way about my weight loss.

The amount of weights and volume i do should have my body screaming for more calories.  

In fact, ive read squats, compound movements and exercise in general all raise your test for a few hours after. Ive read it numerous times with different times and opinions so dont get too picky on my statemenrlt.

My main point is when i come home from squat day or full leg day im ready to go.

i feel like puking my guts out but my agression and mood is on fire  .  Healthy test should feel like that all day.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I am 250-255 right now. I am afraid to step on the scale. I did 335 easily but failed on 355. You are squatting 500 bro? I can't even deadlift that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im a fat 250

I blame it on the $150 squat shoes I have.  and a big rib cage that compresses on my quads.

Ive squatted a lot more in the past so this is why I am starting to question what is going on when im only 33

My best deadlift is 85lbs under my best squat.  We wont talk about deadlifts though
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:59:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Huh, that's interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh, that's interesting.

Yep, signs of guys on the juice....popping delt caps and traps.  Yea buddy.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 2:01:35 AM EDT
[#16]
For those who don't know, you can get t levels tested yourself no doc needed in most states.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For those who don't know, you can get t levels tested yourself no doc needed in most states.
View Quote

Is every thread becoming a "do I have low t" thread?

Seriously guys, there are resources out there to help you figure these things out. I can't squat heavy so I must have low t???? Really?

There is a huge thread in gd that has a lot of information and where you can READ and then start asking question.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Seriously guys, there are resources out there to help you figure these things out. I can't squat heavy so I must have low t???? Really?

There is a huge thread in gd that has a lot of information and where you can READ and then start asking question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive always left it alone because of my strength levels is what I said.  IT being other issues.  So asking if strength levels directly correlate to test levels in a self defense and fitness forum with a few people that are on trt and even a doctor,  doesn't seem any more retarded than referencing a gd thread on a gunsite for the same info.

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ive always left it alone because of my strength levels is what I said.  IT being other issues.  So asking if strength levels directly correlate to test levels in a self defense and fitness forum with a few people that are on trt and even a doctor,  doesn't seem any more retarded than referencing a gd thread on a gunsite for the same info.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moodiness...you definitely have low T.  

Strength levels would be correlated, but how quickly can you recover after a workout?  For me, it was more my sense of well being and the fact that workout would destroy me for a week.  The workout piece is probably the sounding bell for a lot of us that got tested.

Even on T, if I don't eat enough my strength goes down.  That said, I can also eat above maintenance and while working out and I seem to lose fat.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say you were retarded or it was a retarded question. Yes, strength is directly associated with increased testoerone levels. Ever seen a weak body builder because I sure haven't.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

307 total. Not bad for a 90 yr old
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better than what I had.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Hell yeah 33 is the new 90 i guess. Free test was 11 which isnt bad. Good i think
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hell yeah 33 is the new 90 i guess. Free test was 11 which isnt bad. Good i think
View Quote

Tell them you want to crank that up to 900.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top