Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2015 3:27:30 PM EDT
Now that my shoulders are all healed up, I have been back in the gym lifting heavy 5 days a week.

Been hittin it with some new friends who are great for pushing me to push harder every time I walk into the gym.
One of them uses a GoPro to be able to look back on the day, and for accountability. So, after a few weeks of talking about it, I got one.

These things are awesome.

Today was a light day, second Dead day this week, but I got to test this thing out.

Gonna try to keep this updated, but I haven't been great at that for the last few threads either
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]

And one from a few weeks ago, somebody else's GoPro. Im in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
whats with the chains through the plates?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They're a training aid. When the plates are at rest on the floor, they weigh essentially what is racked on the bar. However, as you pull from the floor the weight goes up as you pick up more of the chain. There's about 30# of chain there. Also good for adding a little more intensity to your squats, Lightens as you break parallel, and gets heavier as you go up.

Some info here

Some more info
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Progressively increases the weight (by lifting off the floor) throughout the lift. It's a powerlifting thing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Progressively increases the weight (by lifting off the floor) throughout the lift. It's a powerlifting thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I'm saving up for a couple sets, 55# and 84# chains.

Fuck lugging them to the gym though, I'm going to "donate" them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just use the force, it's easier      
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried, but I think my Midichlorian count is kind of low. I'll have to tren harder.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I tried, but I think my Midichlorian count is kind of low. I'll have to tren harder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you did there...I see it.

Any tips for mounting, etc?  I got a Go Pro about 3 years ago and I think I've filmed about 4 things.  Now that my daughter is getting older I'm going to at least break it out and put it on my mountain bike that hasn't been ridden in 7 years.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Off day today . Did 45 min of cardio on the stationary bike .

This weeks meals (7days all the same)

1) Half cup oats w/ scoop protein, tbsp peanut butter powder
2) Apple w/ Tbsp peanut butter or handful almonds
3) 8oz ground turkey patty, 1/8c quinoa, handful broccoli
4) 3 celery sticks with peanut butter or handful almonds or 4oz beef jerky
5) 10 oz ground turkey with 1/3c quinoa, handful broccoli
6) 11-15 egg whites, 4 PCs turkey bacon

Quoted:

Any tips for mounting, etc?  I got a Go Pro about 3 years ago and I think I've filmed about 4 things.  Now that my daughter is getting older I'm going to at least break it out and put it on my mountain bike that hasn't been ridden in 7 years.
View Quote

There are so many mounting options!
I use a flexible arm with a really strong spring clip that gopro makes to attach my camera to gym equipment .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#11]
So a GoPro is what old people use to record themselves instead of an iPhone?  

I'm just messing with you man, nice work.  Nice gym, too.  That even looks nicer than my gym which I think is awesome.

I'm not a powerlifter, but I'll drape some short chains around my neck for dips and chins from time to time.  I think the short sections that I use are 20 lbs.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They're a training aid. When the plates are at rest on the floor, they weigh essentially what is racked on the bar. However, as you pull from the floor the weight goes up as you pick up more of the chain. There's about 30# of chain there. Also good for adding a little more intensity to your squats, Lightens as you break parallel, and gets heavier as you go up.

Some info here

Some more info
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some info here

Some more info

Thank you.  The small base gym where I lift recently replaced some equipment and the new squat rack has two chains hanging from it.  I was trying to figure out if they were some safety/spotting device since they have a collar on one end.  lol.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thank you.  The small base gym where I lift recently replaced some equipment and the new squat rack has two chains hanging from it.  I was trying to figure out if they were some safety/spotting device since they have a collar on one end.  lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some info here

Some more info

Not to confuse the issue, but I have seen gyms where they use chains as a safety device.  However, what you're describing sounds like a training device.  When you attach them to the bar using the collars do they touch the floor?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not to confuse the issue, but I have seen gyms where they use chains as a safety device.  However, what you're describing sounds like a training device.  When you attach them to the bar using the collars do they touch the floor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some info here

Some more info

Chains are long enough to touch the floor, but I have never attached them nor have I ever seen anyone attach them.  I might have to give it a go now, although I'm not all that strong and the chains are pretty stout.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:06:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Chains are long enough to touch the floor, but I have never attached them nor have I ever seen anyone attach them.  I might have to give it a go now, although I'm not all that strong and the chains are pretty stout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some info here

Some more info

Do it!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:34:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So a GoPro is what old people use to record themselves instead of an iPhone?  

I'm just messing with you man, nice work.  Nice gym, too.  That even looks nicer than my gym which I think is awesome.

I'm not a powerlifter, but I'll drape some short chains around my neck for dips and chins from time to time.  I think the short sections that I use are 20 lbs.
View Quote

Its really nice. We have four power/squat racks, a ton of benches including a competition bench setup, all sorts of stuff. Only runs me 35/Mo. Totally worth it

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:Do it!!!!!!!!

View Quote

Did it yesterday.  I'm not throwing up all that much weight, but I liked that I could have work on getting all the way down, ass below knees, in a squat while still having decent resistance in the top half of the movement.  Plus it sounds cool.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Some legs today. Felt like shit, went in and knocked it out anyway.

Because God hates a pussy.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Did it yesterday.  I'm not throwing up all that much weight, but I liked that I could have work on getting all the way down, ass below knees, in a squat while still having decent resistance in the top half of the movement.  Plus it sounds cool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No one really talks about it, but that is the primary reason most of us use chains.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No one really talks about it, but that is the primary reason most of us use chains.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:03:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Get deeper in that squat!

And grow a fucking beard, won't you?

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I break parallel in most of them, even though the camera angle makes it look like I don't.

Go squat more than a plate before you talk to me.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too...and there are better options, or so I hear
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cough.. cough..

Yesterday- Chest

Went to see the doc afterwards for a regular checkup. He did some voodoo fucking magic kung fu shit to my shoulders and they both went POP and now they feel a lot less like extremely tightly wound springs and more like regular. It was funny because he had to lean in and use his entire bodyweight to do it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Did some back today. I keep forgetting I have the GoPro with me when I get in the zone, but I got this from today.

Did:

Bent Over BB Rows
Landmine BB Rows
Seated Narrow, Wide, and Wide Underhand Grip Cable-Rows
DB Kroc Rows
Seated Lat Pulldowns
Standing Lat Pushdowns
BB Shrugs
Upright BB Rows

30 min on the treadmill.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Cough.. cough..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cough.. cough..

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Today was:

Deadlifts
Clean and Press
Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps

Went for the 5 Plate and just didn't have it in me after only getting 3 hrs of sleep last night.
Did 4 for 3x8.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Blasted back today. Meant to go in at 5AM and be out by 6, but got in the zone and felt like I had a metric fuckton of energy.

Bent Over BB Rows (250 3x8)
Landmine BB Rows (125 3x12)
Kroc Rows (110 3x20)
Incline DB Rows
Incline Bench Flyes
Inlcine Bench BB Rows
Incline Bench DB Rows (BB Grip Style)
Uni-Lateral Row Machine (Did 7 with top grip, 7 with low grip, 7 with mid grip x3)
Back Extensions (holding 45# Plate)
Barbell Good Mornings
Lat Puldowns
Lat Pushdowns

Back was so pumped and tight by the time I was done, that the firmest knobby foam roller was almost as good as sex.

Feeling fuckin good today.

I'm considering saving money to buy a Rogue Log to leave at the gym so I can do log presses there...
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#29]
amazon GoPro  Kit Deal

Use code C49YMM8C and the price drops to $38
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
amazon GoPro  Kit Deal

View Quote

Goddamnit. My wallet
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Goddamnit. My wallet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
amazon GoPro  Kit Deal

Goddamnit. My wallet

Did you order it?

Mine came in the mail yesterday.  I think it's a fantastic deal.  Now I have no excuse not to use my camera more.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Did you order it?

Mine came in the mail yesterday.  I think it's a fantastic deal.  Now I have no excuse not to use my camera more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
amazon GoPro  Kit Deal

Goddamnit. My wallet

Did you order it?

I did. It's an amazing deal!.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#33]

From yesterday. Switched from barbell to dumbbell bench. Those 105# DB's seem way heavier than 245# on the barbell..
Will work my way up to 135# DB's and then switch back to BB.

Bench vids really show what a fat fuck I am

Sad news is that my gym is closing down at the end of the month. Good news is that I have already located a new gym, and they have a full Rogue rack setup and all sorts of cool stuff.

Was just about to pull the trigger on a Rogue Log and got a "fuck you, we made a mistake back in 2013, now pay us you fucker" letter from the IRS that morning... so there goes all my money for a while.

Body fat down another 2%. Weight remaining approximately the same, definitely putting on some mass though. Happy with progress so far.

Half the time I'm at the gym I totally forget to turn the GoPro on, and the other half of the time I get too into the zone to remember to do so.
Going to take it with me next month to a buddy's place, and a few of us are going to train atlas stones and pulling his Peterbilt across the property.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Rolled up to the gym this morning right as my PWO kicked in to find out the place was locked down, all the signs taken down. Closed.

They were nice enough to charge me another month's fee just a few days ago, though.

Fucking pissed off and amped up at the same time. Great combination.

Won't be able to afford to sign up at the new gym all the guys moved to until next paycheck, so I'm without a place to work out for at least week.

Fucking. Lame.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#35]
that sucks..  I see they had the big d.bells that hardly any gym has
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah all the way up to 250#
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

250 lbs? Wow
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Didn't mean to post this in the other leg day thread.. lol.

I was falling asleep.

I did shoulders/misc. today.

Clean and Strict Press 3x10 135#
Snatches 3x10 135# (Also, I really fucking hate snatches)
BB Overhead Press 215# 5x5
Log Press 5x5 215# / 3x10 185#
Log-Grip Overhead Press 3x8 185 / 3x10 135
Circus Dumbbell Presses 5x5 (Left) 5x5 (Right) 125# - 3x10 (each) 70#
BTB Barbell Shrugs 3x20 185
Front Barbell Shrugs 3x20 185
Farmers Walk (At my fastest pace) - 185/185 40 yds x 3
50# Sandbag Carry and Run - 10 sets of 25 yds

Fucking beat.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was falling asleep.

Fucking beat.
View Quote

That's a beast day in the gym.  Hell yeah.  You even threw in Isabelle.  Should have done it with an axle and some war paint.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's a beast day in the gym.  Hell yeah.  You even threw in Isabelle.  Should have done it with an axle and some war paint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was falling asleep.

Fucking beat.

That's a crossfit thing. I had to look it up.
We don't have an Axle at the gym. I am tempted to donate one. But once the IRS stops taking all my money I am going to buy a Rogue log.

I found this while googling though:
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Legs today,  went to the gym at 0200 hrs. It usually is empty that early.

Right shoulder has been bothering me all week feeling tight , did a few sets of heavy deads andaggressive foam rolling which seems to have mostly fixed it. I forgot my GoPro so I took a Douchey gym mirror selfie instead.

That belt by the way is a freaking beast.. 1/2" thick stiff leather and enough adjustment that even my fat ass probably won't ever need to replace it. It hurts my belly though haha. Fat people problems.

Afterwards I had a cheese omelet. Yum!

And then grocery shopping,  where choices had to be made...

Really liking this MP Mint Chip though and it was priced cheaper than ordering online at a local wholesale place which is my new go to for supplements.

Decided to set myself a goal for the next month.  Drop 30# or 5%bf. Also to hit a new PR on deads,  bench,  and squat at least 25# higher than current.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:31:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Down 11 pounds in the last week.

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Just got notification that my plate-loadable atlas stone trainer will be shipping.

Boner.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#44]

Did legs today. And played with my new Atlas Stone trainer, as seen at the end of the vid. First pull was awkward but it was fine after that. 10x 110, 5x155, 5x155 on the stone trainer, thinking I could have gone 195 without too much trouble but was pretty worn out as this was towards the end of my workout.

Also, the motherfucker is like 20 pounds unloaded, and dropping it on your foot is not advised.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#45]
A guy local to me hit me up on Instagram and today hooked me up with some new gear for a ridiculous deal.

I'm stoked!

Power Belly straps and APT Strangulator wrist wraps. The Strangulators are beefy as fuck and offer a ridiculous amount of support.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#46]
ive used apt wrist wraps and knee sleeves for a long time.  Ive been happy with all of their 12" wrists if you ever buy another pair.  Always the black mambas or whatever is stiffer
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
ive used apt wrist wraps and knee sleeves for a long time.  Ive been happy with all of their 12" wrists if you ever buy another pair.  Always the black mambas or whatever is stiffer
View Quote

I really want either some Power Belly or APT knee sleeves. My Ace knee sleeves are giving up the ghost after <6 months, and they just aren't cutting it. Sadly, the Ace sleeves were 10 bucks, and affordable ..

The nicer ones aren't and probably wont be for a while.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Started heavy volume training last week based on 5/3/1 PL program with BBB added in for assistance work. Just started week 2, and crushing it.

Ending every workout with core work (planks 10x30s-1m w 90# on back, hanging leg lifts, etc) and 3 days of HIIT a week.

I feel wrecked.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Week two of volume training complete.

I did squats today and kind of want to die right now.

5x135,225,315 - 5x360,5x405,3x495,2x405 - 5x10x225
5x10-12x505 Calf Raises
5x10 Leg Curls 160,175,190,205,220

Death by squats. Going to try to bump that 495 up to 5x next week.

Definitely loving this program, but my body hates me and is sore all the time - I go into the next week still sore and I've found that an ice bath on my days off and hard foam rolling helps a little.

My 5rep maxes are all up 20-30 pounds in week two.

Next week will start Wk 3 and then Wk 4 I am probably going to do heavy singles to see where my 1RM's are instead of deloading.

Liquid chalk is my new best friend, too. I will never go back to regular chalk again, this shit is awesome and sticks longer than regular chalk.

I got a great deal on 10# of chicken legs and 10# of wings today, so meal prep for the next two weeks is going to be chicken legs and wings. Skin on, because only pussies take that shit off.

My weight dropped down to about 338 #, and has stayed stable in that range, but I went down a waist size and can see fat coming off in the lower part of my belly and on my back and shoulders.

Got a gift card from a buddy today for BB.com too so I ordered some Fat Gripz finally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top