Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 3:57:30 AM EDT
Better progress in the gym?

I've been hitting it hard for a good few years for the most part.  Lots of peck deck, concentration curls, and 100rep calve raises.  

That's all beside the point  

Point being I left my super stressful job and I feel like a million freaking bucks.  Life is good!  I'm nicer to my wife and kids, I'm fixing crap around the house, etc.   sex drive is gone way way up.  Starting to hit the lifts again hard and I'm thinking/wondering what the absence of major stress will do for progress on then main 4 lifts.  

I'll be curious too.  Has anyone else experienced this before?  Better results upon dumping some major stress from your life?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Not so sure about work stress directly having a negative impact on my gains, but higher quality sleep when not stressed has a massive impact, the 5 hours of shit sleep I'm getting daily seems counter productive.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The idea that exercise is a stress just like an asshole boss is a popular one. Your body only has so many resources to  deal with stress. If a huge portion of stress has been elimated, that allows for more resources to more effectively deal with remaining stressors like exercise.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The idea that exercise is a stress just like an asshole boss is a popular one. Your body only has so many resources to  deal with stress. If a huge portion of stress has been elimated, that allows for more resources to more effectively deal with remaining stressors like exercise.
View Quote

I find exercise gets rid of stress
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've been hitting it hard for a good few years for the most part.  Lots of peck deck, concentration curls, and 100rep calve raises.  

Point being I left my super stressful job and I feel like a million freaking bucks.  Life is good!  I'm nicer to my wife and kids, I'm fixing crap around the house, etc.   sex drive is gone way way up.  Starting to hit the lifts again hard and I'm thinking/wondering what the absence of major stress will do for progress on then main 4 lifts.  

I'll be curious too.  Has anyone else experienced this before?  Better results upon dumping some major stress from your life?
View Quote

Peck deck is more of a shaping exercise than mass building.  10 sets of 10 rep calve raises? If you actually do 100 reps, that's way too many to build mass.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
That has been my experience going from 4-6 hrs of sleep per night, daily commuting nightmare, shit non productive workdays to where I am now getting 8-10 hrs of sleep a night, no commute, and easy workdays. My sleep, recovery, motivation, and focus are all better than they have been in a long long time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Peck deck is more of a shaping exercise than mass building.  10 sets of 10 rep calve raises? If you actually do 100 reps, that's way too many to build mass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My sarcasm didn't come through

Thanks for the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top