Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2015 3:05:15 PM EDT
I've been doing Wendler for the last couple months and have seen some pretty good gains.  I'm 42 yrs old and have always been pretty fit.  I'm looking at adding the cardio phase of X3 to my lifting.  I plan on eating like a hog(clean food of course) to keep my calories up.  I also take Metabolic Drive protein and Surge Recovery.  

Any problems with doing this?  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not do the conditioning stuff that Wendler recommends?  ie run hills and push sleds.

Regardless, do whatever conditioning you choose to do after you lift.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^

Read the books?
View Quote

I did. I've been doing hill sprints but I'm bored with it and it fucking rains 4 days a week for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
What will you do from P90X?

<---------------Did a 3 month cycle a looooonnng time ago.

I think people underestimate themselves and put way too much emphasis on "you'll overtrain," bla, bla, bla.

Back when I was squatting for no more than 3 sets of 5 and training a max of 3 times per week (), I would look at the volume of some programs and think, "yeah fucking right, not without eat'n clen and tren'n hard."    But, with good recovery, people can condition themselves to do some amazing shit.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:10:37 AM EDT
[#5]
don't see why it won't work....conditioning is conditioning.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:07:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think people underestimate themselves and put way too much emphasis on "you'll overtrain," bla, bla, bla.

Back when I was squatting for no more than 3 sets of 5 and training a max of 3 times per week (), I would look at the volume of some programs and think, "yeah fucking right, not without eat'n clen and tren'n hard."    But, with good recovery, people can condition themselves to do some amazing shit.

View Quote

This is what I am discovering...Even as an old fuck at 47 I am finding I can do things i never thought myself capable of after a good recovery and than warmup.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably do the X3 lean program. It's all core and cardio.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you try more squats?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But does it build functional cardio?  
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it does.  It's HIIT.  Not pushing a sled, but I don't remember the last time I had to push a sled either.  It's a trade off, and I believe a good one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top