Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2015 12:36:09 PM EDT
Can anyone comment on a good tasting protein powder WITHOUT artificial sweeteners - especially sucralose?  
I get bad headaches from sucralose, and avoid aspartame due to the insulin triggers.

I am getting back to my early 20s fighting weight with an aging, damaged body, and am finally giving in to using shakes as an occasional meal replacement due to frequent business travel.  I don't need or want a lot of whiz bang extras - really just need a meal/snack replacement. Don't need "energy boosters" - I sleep enough and down to drinking only a cup of coffee a day, why add guarana or something to that mix.  Don't need "fat loss accelerants" - I balance meals and exercise, and ok with a longer time frame to meeting my goals.  Has to mix easily in a shaker cup.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can anyone comment on a good tasting protein powder WITHOUT artificial sweeteners - especially sucralose?  
I get bad headaches from sucralose, and avoid aspartame due to the insulin triggers.

I am getting back to my early 20s fighting weight with an aging, damaged body, and am finally giving in to using shakes as an occasional meal replacement due to frequent business travel.  I don't need or want a lot of whiz bang extras - really just need a meal/snack replacement. Don't need "energy boosters" - I sleep enough and down to drinking only a cup of coffee a day, why add guarana or something to that mix.  Don't need "fat loss accelerants" - I balance meals and exercise, and ok with a longer time frame to meeting my goals.  Has to mix easily in a shaker cup.
View Quote

SFH is pretty good tasting, but expensive. There are really not many on the market without sucralose, so taste is going to have to be a secondary concern. SFH is decent though.

http://www.sfh.com/shop/whey-protein/

YOu could also make your own blend here:

http://www.truenutrition.com/default.aspx
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Optimum nutrition
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of them contain artificial sweeteners. You could look into pure, unflavored whey and add your own flavoring agents.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Optimum nutrition
View Quote

How about that, they have a naturally flavored one now. Cool.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I like GNC Iso Define
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Look a the Shakeology line form beach body
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
TN offers Stevia for a sweetener, and I love the beef isolate "premium" chocolate fudge flavor. Good stuff.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:15:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I got this in the 10lb bag. It's honestly like a dessert, very good tasting stuff.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Nutrabio whey protein isolate tastes good and i used to use it. The label doesnt list Sucralose but itd probably be best to email them and ask. Only thing is it can take up to a couple weeks to ship Which is why i dont buy it any more and the price is kinda high.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:07:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Personally, I like the Body Fortress brand that is sold at walmart....Not exactly sure what is in it, but it tastes good
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Personally, I like the Body Fortress brand that is sold at walmart....Not exactly sure what is in it, but it tastes good
View Quote

That definitely does not meet OP's requirements.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus the fact its a shit product
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#13]
dymatize pursuit rx
isonatural by allmax
nectar natural by syntrax

ive used all three with great success
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#14]
get unflavored and mix your own flavoring in. us.myprotein.com is constantly running deals, very affordable and good quality.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
get unflavored and mix your own flavoring in. us.myprotein.com is constantly running deals, very affordable and good quality.
View Quote

This. And they even sell flavor drops with a ton of different flavors to pick from
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:20:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Are you looking for a meal replacement or an all in one protein that you can use to supplement meals and for post workout recovery if you need to? I would recommend ON Natural Oats & Whey mixed with milk because it includes some complex carbs and with the milk would be closer to an actual meal than say a <200 cal low carb isolate shake that is designed to be absorbed rapidly. ON used to make their Pro Complex in the Natural line but dont anymore which is a shame because it had an excellent profile. If you can still find some of that give it a try.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:34:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are you looking for a meal replacement or an all in one protein that you can use to supplement meals and for post workout recovery if you need to? I would recommend ON Natural Oats & Whey mixed with milk because it includes some complex carbs and with the milk would be closer to an actual meal than say a <200 cal low carb isolate shake that is designed to be absorbed rapidly. ON used to make their Pro Complex in the Natural line but dont anymore which is a shame because it had an excellent profile. If you can still find some of that give it a try.

View Quote

Doesn't look like ON (Optimum Nutrition) 100% Whey Gold Standard contains sucralose, so give it a shot.  I love the banana cream flavor.    Available at GNC or online.

Edit!!  Disregard.   I just checked my container and it does have sucralose.   Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Doesn't look like ON (Optimum Nutrition) 100% Whey Gold Standard contains sucralose, so give it a shot.  I love the banana cream flavor.    Available at GNC or online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ON banana cream is the shit. I have it in whey and casein, delicious!
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, I love it too.   I just checked my container and it does have sucralose.  Bummer for the OP.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I like NOW products:
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

SFH is pretty good tasting, but expensive. There are really not many on the market without sucralose, so taste is going to have to be a secondary concern. SFH is decent though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

how does TN taste.  ive never heard of it but that mixology shit could do me well
more importantly is the protein legit?

I use optimum because I trust the company and believe its quality stuff.  100s of companies out there
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#23]
BUMP
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

how does TN taste.  ive never heard of it but that mixology shit could do me well

more importantly is the protein legit?

I use optimum because I trust the company and believe its quality stuff.  100s of companies out there
View Quote
I love the TN Beef Isolate, chocolate fudge premium mixed with coffee is the fucking TITS.

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Kaik didn't like it mixed with water, though. It can get clumpy, but a few pulses in the ole magic bullet with coffee and milk and it's goddam sublime.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I love Allmax's Isoflex peanut butter chocolate. Tastes just like a Reese's pb cup. I always mixed my protein drinks with water and this one tastes good with water and mixes pretty well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#27]
OP, you are looking for Jarrow all-natural. Nothing but whey protein.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top