Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2015 9:58:55 PM EDT
Guys my son is buying a bob xl and he needs gloves. 
I need some suggestions please....thanks alot!

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody has any good recommendations for my son?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]
How old is your son?  I'm not very familiar with those tyupes of bags, but I asume they're similar to hitting a heavy bag.

Your son needs two pieces of equipment: hand wraps and gloves.  Hand wraps are important to protect the bones in the hand.  They don't cushion the knuckles, the gloves do that.

When properly done, wrpas should tighten around the hand when a fist is made.

As for gloves, any 16 oz gloves (for an adult will work.  If he's not full grown, check online for what weight boxing gloves he needs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry guys...been working , hes 20 and 5'11. So he need wraps even with gloves? Is there gloves out there
that do both act as gloves and wraps? And thanks guys for the help.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry guys...been working , hes 20 and 5'11. So he need wraps even with gloves? Is there gloves out there
View Quote

He needs both wraps and gloves. There are none that do both. That would not work the same. Wraps are cheap (like $10). The wraps help support the bones in the hand they are very important the globe is just a cushion it provides no support.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

He needs both wraps and gloves. There are none that do both. That would not work the same. Wraps are cheap (like $10). The wraps help support the bones in the hand they are very important the globe is just a cushion it provides no support.

Edit
Ringside 170" wraps are $5.99 at Dicks sporting goods.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Does he really need the gloves if he's just hitting a Bob?

It's not like it's a real heavy bag.  They have a lot of give/movement to them, and the urethane I pretty soft.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does he really need the gloves if he's just hitting a Bob?

It's not like it's a real heavy bag.  They have a lot of give/movement to them, and the urethane I pretty soft.
View Quote

Yes, he still needs gloves.  Why risk an injury during training.  Would you shoot at the range without eye and ear protection?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I train in Hayabusa and fight with Title's.

I like them both, but the titles are more expensive thats why I don't like putting them through the paces on the bags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top