BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would love to do the 24 hr. But you are locked into a year contract. I'm trying to get another job that would put me driving in the opposite direction and I would join another gym.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make the time. If you don't you will never succeed. I have the same problem. Some weeks I don't work so I can spend 2 hours a day in the gym. Some I work 75-80 even if it's for 20-30 minutes of cardio it's better than nothing.

This is exactly how I feel about it.  If your hours are truly crazy, looking at a 24hr option is best... that way, whenever you can go, you can go.

I would love to do the 24 hr. But you are locked into a year contract. I'm trying to get another job that would put me driving in the opposite direction and I would join another gym.  

Around here, almost all of the gyms are doing month to month ( even LA Fitness).. some of them you just have to call and ask.  I know when I looked at LA Fitness, it was around $89 for an Initiation fee, then first and last months fees of $29 each.. but there was definitely no contract.  Unfortunately though, they are closing usually right about the time I'm getting the itch to go run.

I know they get bagged on a lot, but with the way Planet Fitness franchises have sprung up everywhere... I'd be surprised if there wasn't one near where you need to be..  Personally, I find PF a pretty good deal.  $10 a month (cuz I don't care about tanning, massage chairs, etc.), 24hrs, tons of equipment.  I enjoy cardio more than anything, but I really dislike getting hit by cars, attacked by dogs, mugged, etc... since I can usually only run at night.  Even on nights when I don't want to do cardio, there's still plenty of strength equipment to use.  Some would describe it as the Wal Mart of gyms, and that's probably pretty accurate.. but I tend to zone out while there and couldn't tell you a thing about most of the folks who are around me, so I don't care.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Around here, almost all of the gyms are doing month to month ( even LA Fitness).. some of them you just have to call and ask.  I know when I looked at LA Fitness, it was around $89 for an Initiation fee, then first and last months fees of $29 each.. but there was definitely no contract.  Unfortunately though, they are closing usually right about the time I'm getting the itch to go run.

I know they get bagged on a lot, but with the way Planet Fitness franchises have sprung up everywhere... I'd be surprised if there wasn't one near where you need to be..  Personally, I find PF a pretty good deal.  $10 a month (cuz I don't care about tanning, massage chairs, etc.), 24hrs, tons of equipment.  I enjoy cardio more than anything, but I really dislike getting hit by cars, attacked by dogs, mugged, etc... since I can usually only run at night.  Even on nights when I don't want to do cardio, there's still plenty of strength equipment to use.  Some would describe it as the Wal Mart of gyms, and that's probably pretty accurate.. but I tend to zone out while there and couldn't tell you a thing about most of the folks who are around me, so I don't care.
View Quote
The gym I'm at now is the hospital's fitness center. Its really nice. I've started going during my lunch break and that has been working out good. The gym I would go to if I got the other job would be 24hour Fitness? Or something like that. It would be in between work and home and I could go on my way home. Get there around 4 or so.

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]
This week I decided to get up at 4:30 to get to the gym by 5:10 (they technically don't open until 5:30 but there's usually someone there to open up earlier) so I can work out for 2 solid hours with 30 mins cardio.  Sucks to go to bed so early (def by 9pm, ideally 8:30) but I think the results will be worth it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top